1999 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 506 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

One of the best values for money in a used car.

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Quality, MPG, Luxury, Price, Reliability."

Cons: "It's not an S-Class?"

"I have owned this car for quite a few years. The first thing i am going to say is, what a great car! The interior layout is very conducive to comfort. The controls are placed in all the logical places. And the quality in craftsmanship is top notch. This is the last year before MB and Chrysler merger. And the quality is pure MB. My 320 is a de-badged SPORT model. So there are a few upgrades from the standard equipment model. And for a mid sized sedan it handles beautifully. With 161k on the trip you would think there would be some normal wear and tear items needing repair. But the truth is that there really isn't anything mechanically wrong with this car. My plan is to definitely replace this one down the road with a newer C300 SPORT. But I cant see myself ever getting rid of this one. Bottom line, great car. And for the money i don't think there is a better deal out there."

I love my 2002 E320!!

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

"I bought this car 5 years ago, with 30,000 miles on it and I've been smiling ever since. I have 78,000 miles now and it is still like new to me. I get regular maintenance. I've had no major problems. I've just replaced the brakes and light bulbs. I'm planning to drive it until the bumper falls off in the street."

2001 4matic magic wagon

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"I've had this car for about 1.5 years now and it has been great. With 116k miles on it I have had almost no problems. My wife drives it everyday around town and we've had it out on a couple of long road trips. The ride is smooth and economy is good. This car replaced a 97 Expedition so it cracks me up when people say the mileage isn't so good. We average about 20 mpg on our everyday driving and on the road I've gotten up to 28, however when you push it over 80 mph it drops to about 25 mpg. It cruises nice at high speeds and you have to be careful because it doesn't feel like your going very fast at all. This has been a very reliable and comfortable vehicle with tons of room for what ever. It would be a bit better on those long road trips if it had adjustible lumbar support and blew a bit more air out the rear AC vents"

The good, the bad and the ugly

By on Saturday, March 8, 2008

"The ride is great and I love the mpg. It's slow on the take off and takes a little geting use to. The bad things are the little things that go wrong (power seat switches, dash warning lights, glow plugs, window up and down motors in the rear, rear window shade, fuel connections leaks, etc.) and it is expensive to fix, but the motor will last forever and it permanently keeps up with the Jone's."

Most dependable vehicle

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I am the original owner and have enjoyed this car immensely. Except for normal wear and tear (tire replacement), the only problem in the first five years was a battery replacement which was done under warranty. I followed the scheduled maintainence/service program. Car has plenty of pickup still and is extremely dependable--driven almost every weekday for 7 years except vacation."