1997 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 506 Ratings for the 1996 - 2002 models.

One of the best values for money in a used car.

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "Quality, MPG, Luxury, Price, Reliability."

Cons: "It's not an S-Class?"

"I have owned this car for quite a few years. The first thing i am going to say is, what a great car! The interior layout is very conducive to comfort. The controls are placed in all the logical places. And the quality in craftsmanship is top notch. This is the last year before MB and Chrysler merger. And the quality is pure MB. My 320 is a de-badged SPORT model. So there are a few upgrades from the standard equipment model. And for a mid sized sedan it handles beautifully. With 161k on the trip you would think there would be some normal wear and tear items needing repair. But the truth is that there really isn't anything mechanically wrong with this car. My plan is to definitely replace this one down the road with a newer C300 SPORT. But I cant see myself ever getting rid of this one. Bottom line, great car. And for the money i don't think there is a better deal out there."

I love my 2002 E320!!

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

"I bought this car 5 years ago, with 30,000 miles on it and I've been smiling ever since. I have 78,000 miles now and it is still like new to me. I get regular maintenance. I've had no major problems. I've just replaced the brakes and light bulbs. I'm planning to drive it until the bumper falls off in the street."

The good, the bad and the ugly

By on Saturday, March 8, 2008

"The ride is great and I love the mpg. It's slow on the take off and takes a little geting use to. The bad things are the little things that go wrong (power seat switches, dash warning lights, glow plugs, window up and down motors in the rear, rear window shade, fuel connections leaks, etc.) and it is expensive to fix, but the motor will last forever and it permanently keeps up with the Jone's."

Most dependable vehicle

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I am the original owner and have enjoyed this car immensely. Except for normal wear and tear (tire replacement), the only problem in the first five years was a battery replacement which was done under warranty. I followed the scheduled maintainence/service program. Car has plenty of pickup still and is extremely dependable--driven almost every weekday for 7 years except vacation."

Very comfortable and turns heads

By on Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, tons of features, powerful, stylish"

Cons: "some parts are expensive"

"Very comfortable car, has every feature you can imagine, powerful V8 with the sports package is a nice combination, and decent fuel economy for a V8 on the Highway, very reliable and stable car, sure makes people look twice and stare because its a good looking ride... cost of ownership is above average because of parts but i am a DIY'er so i saved a lot of money that way, its not that hard of a car to work on thanks to the mercedes forums."