1995 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Based on 105 Ratings for the 1994 - 1995 models.

One of the best cars ever

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"One of the best cars ever made. Everything about this car is balanced. The ride is great and highly refined. The cornering is precise and quick. Power is plenty for this size car, if you know how and when to hit the pedal. The suspension makes a rough road and severe dips and bumps seem far smaller than any other car on the same roads and streets. My shop (Five Star Autocare) makes the car less expensive to maintain than what American car owners report (after a few major events, like fuel injection harness and trans rebuild). The '94 is a truly great classic that saved my ex-wife's life in a high speed accident. I will buy another as a backup to my 2002 E320 Special Edition."

Reliabe Good MPG = Great deal

By on Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, Roomy"

Cons: "More cupholders (I know- that's taboo in Germany)"

"The straight 6 is a real powerhouse yet I never did anything but change the plugs (have over 200k miles). I average approx 23mpg with 27 on the highway. Only complaint is that the seat controls are on the door, while the window controls are on the center console. Don't know what they were thinking there! But hey- I got rid of a Dodge to buy this... so I really can't complain!!!"

Best convertible ever!

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"This car has amazing quality of finishes and has never let me down. It drives like a true Mercedes and feels very safe. Good power and response, brakes, and handling."

Sharp Looking

By on Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I purchased my 1995 E420 with 102000 miles in June 2008. Now i have 155000 on her .I have replaced harnesses,tires,brakes, PS pumps and other items. It is a great car but costly to maintain.She is a Mercedes which will last me until i 'am told to junk her.She is missing a cup holder and glove box, but that all. She is beautiful and mine. Best TGB"

Excellent value

By on Thursday, January 14, 2010

"I bought this car three years ago and I am amazed at nice it still looks and ride (like new and it is 16 years old). Parts I have gotten (brake pads, plug and wires) are less than the same parts for Japanese cars. Get great gas mileage (almost 30 on the highway). Only issue in 3 years was the original battery failed but luckily I was near a Walmart when it happened - So I went in and got a replacement. The only problem with the car is that you have to watch your speed. These cars want to run and you can be up to 100 mph and not even know it - But it does have an excellent cruise control and I suggest you use it to keep your speed in check."