2012 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Based on 328 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Great car for $$

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Great price/fun/reliable/great AWD"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance ($200 oil change)"

"Was "settling" when I traded my E-Class for this C-Class. Using for work and putting lots of miles on vehicle...didn't make sense to get E-Class. Pleasantly surprised at how much fun this is to drive. 28MPG (150 hwy miles/day). Fun to drive. Sport class very nice looking! Can't believe performance is so great. Unbelievable in snow. Only down side is required $200 oil change. Every 2 - 3 months, this becomes a bit expensive for $35 worth of oil and they try to get you to do tons of other maintenance not needed!"

Great engineering and road handling vehicle

By on Monday, May 23, 2016

Pros: "sporty, great ride, cost effective"

Cons: "minor issue, couldn't store phone numbers"

"I only drove it during the summer and I am very impress with the drive ability and overall handling and safety of the C300. Now having owned one I will consider buying another one when I'm ready to shop for another automobile."

Fantastic driving dynamics, good fuel economy

By on Monday, October 24, 2016

Cons: "Shift lever moves around quite a bit"

"We have owned this vehicle since new. It has the 6 speed manual transmission and AMG wheel/brake/suspension option, a sunroof and tan interior. Living in the Sierra Nevada and therefore driving on mountain roads, handling and braking are paramount both for safety and enjoyment. Even when not pushed, the C300 Sport handles better than most of what's out there even today, 7 years later. Handles like it's on rails (embarrasses some "sports cars") stops quickly and dead straight, has good although not fabulous acceleration and is thoroughly enjoyable to drive. Problem free? Not quite, but problems have been minimal and annoyances, nothing significant: A malfunctioning oil level sensor relay that kept illuminating the "check oil" warning, replaced under warranty, and a new problem, a drip from the windshield washer reservoir. It has consistently done better economy wise than it's EPA mileage estimates, has never used oil between (annual) changes or any other fluids, and, amazingly, is still on all the original belts, hoses, brakes, even has the original battery after 7 years. It is a driver's car, a great driving experinece, and rock solid."

Really fine driving experience

By on Friday, July 22, 2016

"Very solid driving car with excellent handling and power qualities. Drive it easy or hard; it does both well. Far more pleasant driving experience than recent C class sedans. Manual shift (rare for this model) adds to the experience. Downside is reliability and expense of electrical component failures."

Awesome car

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pros: "Great stereo"

Cons: "Rear design"

"I have had this car since new in 2008 and I still love it like new. Every time I think of getting a new one I decide I have the best car now. The Harmon kardon sound system is concert quality and amazing."