2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Based on 323 Ratings for the 2008 - 2014 models.

Great Car If I Didn't Compare to Previous Car

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

"My favorite features of this car is the panoramic roof and the GPS/music/phone integration! I live in Germany and was able to order and pick up the 2011 U.S. spec car since August 2010. My previous car was a 2004 German spec SLK 200. Everything about the C350 is great, if it wasn't for the fact that I enjoy driving a manual transmission car so much. This makes me think that I should have gotten the C300 manual transmission. But I'm sure with enough time in traffic, I'll come to appreciate the auto transmission."

Very happy

By on Thursday, January 27, 2011

"I got this car new over two years ago now. My company provides me with a car, so I didn't need this car for every day driving, but I needed a car for personal use. I went into the MB dealer kind of on a whim, but realized about 10 min in that if we could come to terms price wise I WAS going to be leaving with a car. I haven't regretted leaving with the car I have now once. (Well maybe a wee bit when I have to pay for a "B" service....) The car is a pleasure to drive and upgraded sound system sounds great. I have had zero problems with my navigation system unlike some of the people here. The car is pretty comfortable if a bit small for me but I am very over weight. (My knee bangs into the door when I drive it.) I love the little things about the car. I love the placement of the joystick to control the navigation system and the music system. I love how the gas gauge is linear from full to empty. I love the dash digital display inside the speedometer. Everything is within easy reach and nothing sticks out. I've had it on one long trip. (2400 miles in 4 days.) I was a pleasure on that trip. I had to deal with very high winds, mountain roads and snow with no problems at all. Cruise control was great. It wouldn't vary from setpoint by so much as a mph. Ever. Even on steep mountain hills. I love this car."

By on Wednesday, November 24, 2010

2008 C300

By on Sunday, September 5, 2010

"The handling doesn't compare to a 3 series BMW but overall the car has good acceleration, above average handling and very good fuel economy (avg 23 mpg mixed city/highway). The sound system is good but the navigation is terrible. The American and Japanese manufacturers do a much better job with Navigation. The sheet metal is paper thin and subject to surface dents. The car is also overpriced at $43k."

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Wonderful car. My last Mercedes was a C230 Compressor and this car far surpasses the C230. It is a solid, comfortable, great handling and looking car."

MB C350

By on Friday, July 16, 2010

"Purchased C350 sport, previous vehicle was 2004 Lexus E330. Lexus ride was too soft. C350 is bit stiff and bumpy ride when driving slow speed under 30 miles ph. fairly good acceleration and good handling on high speed. Back seat leg room needs to expand few more inches and trunk space is smaller than E330. I don’t like the location of speed control. Pasted three years, I have not yet to experience any mechanical problem."

Best mercedes to date

By on Thursday, February 18, 2010

"This car is amazing, Sporty look, extreamly comfortable and full of great options."

Too costly to maintain

By on Sunday, February 14, 2010

"The performance and style of the car is great. It takes curves very smoothly. I got the navigation system, which is great to have. However, it does not update without paying an additional annual fee. Also, the basic maintenance is very expensive. It cost $391 for a basic oil change, including new wipers blades at the dealership. The labor cost more than the parts. Also, I found out that a key replacement can cost $250, after a Hotel valet loss one of my keys. Love the car, but the upkeep is costly."

made a great choice

By on Monday, May 25, 2009

"We could have purchased most any car we wanted and decided on the C class because of its' sportiness, style, versatility, overall value. Also the lease deals made it hard to say no. It was a great choice as the car is very, very sporty, and luxurious and fun. The fold down rear seats make it quite versatile. It gets lots of looks and seems to be a terrific value."

By on Friday, March 20, 2009

"Incredibly fun to drive- great handling and acceleration. Well worth the cost."

By on Saturday, February 7, 2009

By on Saturday, January 24, 2009

Best Vehicle Ive ever had

By on Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"I love this vehicle, it drives great, good gas mileage, and the apperance is outstanding."

C300 Sport

By on Sunday, January 4, 2009

"My 2nd MB, (2004 C230 komp)l Love the way it looks and handles, a bit short on power(could have uped to 350) but not worth extra $$$. Would have liked a trunk pass-thru and compass. Love the drive and MB name and dealer treatment is top notch"

Hot Car!

By on Tuesday, December 2, 2008

"I love the way it handles, really holds the turns, and accelerates uphill quickly.Not to mention it looks great. I get compliments on it all the time. Fun to drive!"

C350

By on Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Owned one for about a year now... have no complaints.. everything perfect about this car however, the handling could have been a little better, especially when driving hard.. but besides that, everything is near flawless."

Great Value for the Price

By on Thursday, September 25, 2008

"A little background on my decision to go Mercedes...I really like the way German cars handle and had owned a VW Passat before. I wanted a second Passat but didn't like the styling for the 2008s. The MB C300 provided a great value compared t0 the BMW and VW. Would I do it again? Probably. It seems like the new C class is a vast improvement over the old 4-cylinder C230s. It's GREAT on a long road trip and a blast to drive. The 7-speed automatic offers two modes - Comfort or Sport and the option to drive it as a stick, which is also great fun. If you like to drive, you'll love this car!! The more I drive it, the more I like it."

Nice car

By on Friday, August 8, 2008

"Quality is very good. I owned my C300 for one year. Everything is very good!"

My First Merc.

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"This is my first german car superb, excellent car solid ride the best it's a Merc."

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"This is my 2nd Mercedes Benz, my other car is a c230 kompressor. Both very nice cars but if I were to compare- this definitely has very good handles and is a very comfortable ride. I wish I had gotten the full package! All I'm missing is the split folding rear seats, navigation and a panoramic sunroof (which my 230 has) arrgh! Great Car....Great investment! I would definitely recommend this!"

By on Sunday, June 1, 2008

"Great looks and performance. And, its a Mercedes-Benz, the world's standard for luxury cars."

Questionable Eletrical

By on Friday, May 13, 2011

"I bought this car new in May 08. It has been pretty realiable except for the eletrical issues that it has. I have had it in the shop several times for headlights and taillights that tend to burn out often. One time they had to reset the computer twice to get it to clear. At 20000 miles the sensor on the camshaft had to be replaced but that is the only mechanical isssue. It has 66000 on it now, every once in a while the check engine light will come on for a couple of days. The gas mileage runs around 23 mix driving but has got 28 on the highway constantly on long trips."

A Very Solid Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "See above"

"This has been a wonderful car so far. I've owned quite a few cars, and so far this is the most comfortable ride yet, and I own the Sport version. Here is a list of pluses and minus for the C300 sedan: Pros: - Great handling and ride comfort - Decent acceleration in "S" mode, not so much in "E". - Excellent navigation with intuitive controls - Command system is awesome - Very solidly built....you'll know it the minute you close the door. Nothing rattles in this car. - Real mileage exceeds EPA estimates! I get 27 on the highway and 21 in city driving. Are you listening Acura!?! I say this because my MDX is supposed to be 21/17 and it gets 14 to 15 mpg in real driving. - I like the MB-Tex seats. Looks just like leather, but more durable. - It is a nice looking car - Holds value - Fantastic back seat headroom Cons: - Cheap looking halogen REFLECTOR headlights standard. This is ridiculous, almost every car at least has halogen projectors....it's 2012! Save yourself some headaches and get the lighting package for $1,200. MB quotes $5,000 to do an OEM HID retrofit after the fact. - Heated seats are optional....come on! - Back doors don't open to full 90 degrees - Not much back seat leg room - Non-HK stereo isn't very good - V6 is a little weak, with noticeable throttle lag in "E" mode All in all, I've very pleased with my new MB and selected it over an S60, BMW 3 and 2013 Ford Fusion (yes, it's a cool car, but still a Ford)."

Great Car - Great Buy

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "Great looking car, good performance, dependable"

Cons: "Expensive maintenance"

"Leased this as a new car and then purchased after the lease. It kept its value way better than expected and I have had zero issues with it mechanically. I really see no reason to get a newer model as this one has nearly everything I need. Performance is good, look is great, and it is a solid car. The only negatives would be the cost of maintenance and the premium gas, but I was aware of that when I got it. Would definitely recommend."

Sublime

By on Sunday, October 19, 2008

"You can undoubtedly get more bells & whistles in other cars for comparable money, but for pure driving? Nothing comes close. This car is so well-engineered and at this price point, one that makes me grin every time I drive it. Corners like glue, quiet as a mouse, comfortable as an old pillow. I highly recommend. If you like to drive and don't want to break the bank, you'll love this car."