2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 835 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan

By on Saturday, September 29, 2007

"Excellent car, haven't had any problems since purchase. I enjoy the zippy, supercharged 4cyl and my only regret is not getting a manual transmission. There is a little bit of lag from the engine; going from a dead stop to full throttle that can be frustrating at times, but overall the engine is extremely free revving with loads of pickup throughout the powerband. When you approach the redline, the power sort of tapers off, but it shifts relatively quick, so keep an eye on what gear you are in! As for the Autostick feature, I found it to be more useful in downshifting than upshifting because the car simply wont allow you to ride first gear in redline at all. Not that you would want to do that but if it approaches the redline in first and you haven't shifted into second yet, it will automatically shift for you. So, if you shift into second shortly after it already performed that function for you, it will go directly to third, thus voiding the functionality of the Autostick altogether. That being said, I like to use it to downshift when I have to brake hard. Perhaps it will extend the life of my brake pads. I have yet to experience the snow with this vehicle and I'm not looking forward to it with rear wheel drive. Luckily I live in colorado and I will be using fully studded snowtires in the upcoming months. The supercharged 4cyl really shines when you drive through the mountains, it feels as if there is no struggle to ascend the steeply graded hills. The sport suspension rips through the sharp, banked corners with very minimal body roll. I am glad I have the 1.8L, 4cyl instead of the 2.3L V6, my weight distribution is much more balanced because my engine weighs 200-300lbs less than the V6. I must say that the high spirited motor and sport tuned suspension work very well together for being a BONE STOCK package from Mercedes. The back seat really isn't suitable for 6 foot adults, probably best left for children, especially if you are over 6ft and driving the vehicle. The driver's seat is capable of nearly touching the backseat when you extend it all the way, thus leaving no room for a passenger behind you. I am absolutely amazed at how quiet the interior is, I can barely hear emergency vehicles pass by with the windows closed. Some people might consider that to be a bad trait, but I am pleased with it. Oil changes (mostly once a year) will run you $100, Alignment is $160, A-Service is about $200 and B-Service is around $350 in the Denver area. I would recommend finding an independent service tech so you can avoid trips to the STEALERship for servicing your vehicle. Most of my reviews are based on things I do not like and so far (for my taste) I have yet to find anything that I truly dislike about this car! Hope this helps some of you who might be researching this car ."

Excellent used vehicle value!

By on Monday, December 26, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, good handling, reliable"

Cons: "Rear access, possible rust"

"I bought my 2006 Mercedes Benz C280 4 Matic sedan two and half years ago in 2014 and have never regretted it. My vehicle had about 78000 miles on it but had been well maintained. I had done a lot of research on Consumers Report and on other websites and found that the Mercedes Benz V6 had a good to better reliability record. Many website reviews by other owners recommended buying an extended warranty just to provide peace of mind for a used vehicle. I bought a two year 24000 mile extended warranty. I was glad I did. About six months later I took my vehicle to an after market German auto repair shop who stated that I needed a manifold sensor and a new steering rack. The repair would have cost a total of $6000 for parts and labor but my warranty covered everything but the $250 deductible --- well worth the $2500 I paid for the warranty. By the way, having a trustworthy aftermarket German repair shop that is nearby is a big plus. If you do not have a reliable mechanic who is familiar with German cars you might want to reconsider a used car purchase. Since then I have had absolutely no problems with this vehicle outside of regular maintenance. This vehicle has wonderful front seats, a quiet, comfortable ride, with very capable yet not sporty handling. With the V6 it accelerates well and yet gets 29 MPG on the road. Since I live in Colorado I wanted a vehicle with all wheel drive and have had no problems getting around in the snow with all season tires. One negative is tight access to people getting into the back seat. Yet once inside the rear seat is very comfortable for a car this size. Another negative is a small rusty spot at the bottom of the driver's side door that I missed upon inspection. I have noticed that other Mercedes models produced during this year sometimes have this same issue. So the doors need to checked out. Other than the two negatives mentioned this is an overall great used car value that I would indeed recommend to a friend."

excellent vehicle

By on Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Pros: "good acceleration, comfort, and safety"

Cons: "maintenance at dealer is expensive"

"I bought a 2002 C 230 compressor for my daughter on her 16th birthday. She turned 27 this year and the car has only had two problems in eleven years: the air conditioning had a minor problem and a leak developed in the sunroof. Otherwise its been routine maintenance. Had some moron not rear-ended her at 50 mph last week, the car would have carried on for another 10 years. The important news is that she suffered no injury which is the best recommendation I could possibly make. No rust either and the car has been in snow country the entire time. If you are looking for a good, safe and reliable car and only have a couple of thousand to spend, I can't think of a better car. Just keep syntheic oil in it and you'll be ok."

Breathtaking Performance

By on Thursday, August 4, 2016

Pros: "Exceptional Performance"

Cons: "Poor HID light design, no dipstick"

"I rescued my poor C32 from an abusive owner who had decided to cover it in blue plastic dip. There were quite a few things wrong with the vehicle which took my about 2 weeks to address. Search any MB forums and it was the typical things you would expect for this vehicle this age and not well taken care of. After about $500 dollars invested in the vehicle all I can say is it is an extraordinary vehicle to drive. It feels like it is glued to the road and a gentle nudge on the accelerator brings smooth, instant and incredible acceleration. The vehicle is so comfortable and enjoyable to drive it is hard to believe someone would abuse it so. Keep in mind, I do all of the work on my vehicles so my guess is bringing it to the dealer would have been a $3000 bill but if you are a DIY type who likes to surf MB forums you might be as lucky as I was."

I love this car!

By on Friday, August 9, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "not cheep to maintain"

"It is a sports car in a soccer mom's body. Handles great with plenty of get-up and go power. I love all the extras and the sound system is the best I have ever heard in a factory install. I have owned mine for almost 3 years and I plan on keeping it for years to come."

Quick,quality,relaible, luxurious and comfortable

By on Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pros: "Really fun to drive. So much less $$$"

Cons: "She needs premium fuel"

"Quality German engineering in a smaller package. Quick as can be - extremely comfortable with none of the luxuries of the larger cars left out. Great in corners and on long highway trips. Never get tired of driving her. From climate control to cruise control to the moon roof and stereo, the car operates as a luxury auto should. Very smooth and quiet. Operating costs a bit higher with premium gas and an average of city/hwy fuel consumption a real 25 mpg. Remember - this is the BIG engine with lots of horses. Don't let the outside size fool you. Very comfortable for 4 people and a good sized trunk. Unless you need or want the larger E or S class - this size car really fills the bill. You will not be disappointed!"

Great value, fun to drive

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pros: "Awesome handling."

Cons: "Tire burner"

"We bought this 2004 car in 2008 in anticipation duaghter driving it. My wife decided to drive it instead and gave her car to my daughter to drive. When I finally gave it to ny daughter, she immediately fell in love with the car. It's fun to drive, economical, can jump when you push it, and rides smooth at autobahn speeds. Been reliable, runs great - biggest downside: we have the sport model (which is like driving on rails) but the low-profile, high performance tires we kept on that car were not cheap. Upside, better gas mileage than reported."

Great car.

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, 13000 miles between services."

Cons: "When the 13000 miles are up, expect $200.00 bill"

"I did alot of research before making my purchase and found a few negative issues which seemed to occur in regaurds to the car. Of these the only one I have experienced was the interior handle on the driverside door breaking loose. I fixed it myself. I average 25.5-28 mpg depending on the time of year and how agressive I feel like driving. I drive 29 miles to and from work every day and to the gym 18 miles each way three times a week for an average of 398 miles. To do this on one tank or less of fuel is important to me. I also have ran the car with midgrade fuel and never had a problem 50,000 miles without any so far. I love this car and would reccomend it to anyone who wants a sporty car with all the comforts of a Benz, and in my oopinion also gets above average gas milage."

Electronic problems

By on Monday, August 31, 2009

"Suprisingly good gas mileage for a fairly high-performance car. Very comfortable and quiet. Has had problems with electronics since day-1. Still running well after 8 years and 140,000 miles."

Great car

By on Monday, June 23, 2008

"THIS AUTOMOBILE has all the E-Class bells and whistles but in a more managable size. Gets 30 mpg on the highway and 18 in city driving, solid as a bank vault."