2007 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 835 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Picked this up used, Pleasantly Surprised

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Good engineering,"

Cons: "Everyone tries to rip you off for repairs"

"Mechanically pretty solid. The value depreciates pretty quickly so you can pick up one pretty cheaply. Handles well in all weather even though it's RWD. Fuel economy is good; I get about 8 l/100km city and 7 l/100km on the highway after the engine is warm. The previous owner tried to do some repairs himself and didn't do a very good job, so I had to deal with that. But other than that, the repairs have been routine stuff: battery, tires, brake pads, belts. The only downside is garages try to gouge you for repairs because of the brand. I was quoted $2800 for replacing the springs on the front axle and about $1500 for replacing a front torquing arm. I turned down those repairs."

Need deep pockets...

By on Saturday, May 14, 2011

"In some ways I have loved my C230 Kompressor, but hated it in other ways. The engine/motor, transmission, etc., are brilliant! The car looks and drives great. Mercedes really skimped on quality though. While I love the car, I must say I have also been very disappointed in the quality. I've had to have the sunroof fixed twice, and it is broken again. The A/C has gone out twice, and and is far too overpriced to be worth fixing a second time. Everything on the interior (all cheap little plastic bits), such as window switches and parts of door panels, is either broken, or breaking. Nothing about this car is at all a reasonable expense to fix or replace. That said, the most important parts are still solid German Engineering genius, and have given me no major problems at all. It is such a joy and pleasure to drive (except in muggy Florida summer with no A/C)."

Excellent Ride

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Love my Mercedes. I bought it used and it's been about 8 months and I have no complaints. Fun to drive and pretty classy."

Exquisitely machined engine

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pros: "best of all worlds"

Cons: "rear sun shade broke after 7 years of working well"

"The performance out of this little 189hb super charged 4 cylinder is impressive. I can hit 120 with ease and she just gets more solid. Handling is about as precise as I have ever experienced (short of the Porsche 911 but for a sedan she's hot) The biggest drawback on this baby is the tires are different circumference on the rear so no rotation is possible front to back, and the Michelins are directional so no rotation right to left (making tire pressure critical) and the low front air dam keeps coming in contact with parking stops, destroys the fiberglass which has been repaired twice in the 8 years I've owned this mean sleek speed machine (top mpg was 35)"

a great car

By on Sunday, October 7, 2012

"I really like this car. It responds quickly to everything. I feel in control at all times. It's small, but roomy and I have been getting up to 30 mpg on the highway. It seems to be a reliable and good looking car."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, great perfromance, fun to drive"

Cons: "no diesel"

"Kudo's in every aspect, best car I have ever owned! Only two problems in 6 years.....moisture in connector and fluid leak, both repaired under warranty. Wish a diesel was available in the C class."

great performance but lots going wrong

By on Sunday, August 1, 2010

"Many thing have gone wrong with this car over the years that I would never have expected based on my Infiniti and Toyota. Replacing lights is a monthly routine. The electrical system shorts easily and drains the battery. Many of the interior trim components have cracked , broken and/ot fallen off, (Geershift shroud, specker covers, pop up cup holder, AM reception) Brake and tire replacement are about twice what is required on my other cars (not to mention the excessive brake dust) Recently the AC and sunroof have stopped working. This is all par for the course with this car. On the plus side the engine power and handling have been excellent. Overall, if this is what all Mercedes are like then I wouldn't get one."

Great Preformer

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Great performance with luxury. V8 performance with V6 fuel economy. However, more than average repairs to costly items. Supercharger replaced at 95,000 miles( bad front bearing that can't be replaced separately) --cost over $4000. A/C evaporator bad at 130,000 miles. will cost $3500 to replace ( need to remove entire dash to get to !) Side marker bulbs burn out regularily."

C230K Sport coupe - love it!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"I have owned this car for 5.5 years and put over 100K miles on it. I love driving it - it is sporty, fast, and well built, and the gas mileage is good (reliably 25 mpg mixed highway/city with steep hills). The climate control panel was replaced under warranty when I first got it, otherwise no major issues. The tires do need to be replaced about every 35K miles (I'm on my 3rd set), but my original brakes were good for over 65K miles ($1800 for a brake job, ouch). Minor issues that have cropped up: (1) the auto up on the windows sometimes stops working for a while, then comes back, (2) around 85K miles the hatch release wire got loose and I couldn't open the hatch from the outside, (3) around 92K miles the driver's side lock got out of whack and wouldn't open with the remote (fixed under warranty). I would love this car even more if it were FWD, had a hand emergency brake, and had auto-close on the sunroof. Otherwise I wouldn't change a thing!"

If you live in Snow...you've got to own this car..

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"This was our 1st MB, but definitely not our last. We have had this 2005 MB C320 4matic for 3 years now ---excellent vehicle and dealer service is superb. Last Valentine's Day in NE PA all the Interstate's were closed down; we drove 2 hours on a closed unplowed and unsalted I-81 to Harrisburg airport from Wilkes-Barre PA. We were the only vehicle on the road. Most SUV's were getting off the highway as with the winds, they were all over the road. The autumn's in NE PA also can cause slippery roads with the wet falling leaves and wind...no problems as well. I'm 6'-2" so I do get alittle cramped after 4 hours of driving, but overall the car is very comfortable. The car not too shabby to drive on dry pave was well, real fun on a Sunday mornning tour. The only maintenance problem was an oil smell in the car due to a bad o-ring on the oil filler cap; MB service took care of this quickly. It is nice to get a MB loaner for service visits as well. Oh, we get 30 mpg on the highway as well. Great unit for a long term relationship!"