2006 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 835 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Reliable, solid as a bank vault, reasonable mpg.

By on Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pros: "solidity, reliability, prestige, safety."

Cons: "can't think of any"

"Have owned this '02 model since '05. It has not developed one single squeak or clunk since we've had it. Everything still works just like the first day we owned it. Drives really easy and good on long trips for two. Service a little pricey, but it doesn't need much besides oil changes. I'd get in it and drive to New York tomorrow with no reservations."

I love my car!!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Very safe (built strong), sound system"

Cons: "Price to maintain"

"I bought this car 2yrs ago and I love it. It's just very expensive to maintain I just spent $598.62 for a new alternator. The electrical system sucks lol. But over all this car is very safe I had an accident I was hit from behind by a Jeep Cherokee the front of his truck was a wreck and I had a small dent I was very happy that I chose Mercedes Benz"

Love it if your single

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "supper cute, very nice, reliable"

Cons: "interier way too small, expensive to upkeep"

"I love this car! But there isn't enough room once I had kids. My husband hates it because it is way too small for him to be comfortable. My Dad can barely squeeze himself into the passanger seat. But, for me, when I was a single girl... it was PERFECT!"

2005 C240 4matic sedan Silver/Black

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Bought this car with 86K miles on it. Very nervous about cost of ownership at first but this car has driven like a dream for the 3 months I have owned it. Had to replace outside ambient air temp sensor ($15) installed myself. Not really the cars fault, sensor sticks out of front bumper and is right in the path of any stones that are picked up. Averaging around 20-22 mpg. This car is built very solid and the ride quaility is amazing. 4matic is a drean on wet roads, almost impossible to hydroplane. You just feel safe in it. Acceleration is nothing to brag about, my old RSX/S would have killed it but who cares! Performance on the highway is more than adequate. After reading several reviews I would recommend this model to anyone, BUT take your car on a long test drive and put it through its paces before you buy it so any hidden faults will show themselves. Stayed clear of the 01-04 C-class due to reported reliability issues plus I prefer the post-facelift interior. I also liked the light color gray interior at first, but opted for black because I have read several places the light interior is a pain to keep clean."

Excellent used vehicle value!

By on Monday, December 26, 2016

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, good handling, reliable"

Cons: "Rear access, possible rust"

"I bought my 2006 Mercedes Benz C280 4 Matic sedan two and half years ago in 2014 and have never regretted it. My vehicle had about 78000 miles on it but had been well maintained. I had done a lot of research on Consumers Report and on other websites and found that the Mercedes Benz V6 had a good to better reliability record. Many website reviews by other owners recommended buying an extended warranty just to provide peace of mind for a used vehicle. I bought a two year 24000 mile extended warranty. I was glad I did. About six months later I took my vehicle to an after market German auto repair shop who stated that I needed a manifold sensor and a new steering rack. The repair would have cost a total of $6000 for parts and labor but my warranty covered everything but the $250 deductible --- well worth the $2500 I paid for the warranty. By the way, having a trustworthy aftermarket German repair shop that is nearby is a big plus. If you do not have a reliable mechanic who is familiar with German cars you might want to reconsider a used car purchase. Since then I have had absolutely no problems with this vehicle outside of regular maintenance. This vehicle has wonderful front seats, a quiet, comfortable ride, with very capable yet not sporty handling. With the V6 it accelerates well and yet gets 29 MPG on the road. Since I live in Colorado I wanted a vehicle with all wheel drive and have had no problems getting around in the snow with all season tires. One negative is tight access to people getting into the back seat. Yet once inside the rear seat is very comfortable for a car this size. Another negative is a small rusty spot at the bottom of the driver's side door that I missed upon inspection. I have noticed that other Mercedes models produced during this year sometimes have this same issue. So the doors need to checked out. Other than the two negatives mentioned this is an overall great used car value that I would indeed recommend to a friend."