2005 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 835 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Picked this up used, Pleasantly Surprised

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Good engineering,"

Cons: "Everyone tries to rip you off for repairs"

"Mechanically pretty solid. The value depreciates pretty quickly so you can pick up one pretty cheaply. Handles well in all weather even though it's RWD. Fuel economy is good; I get about 8 l/100km city and 7 l/100km on the highway after the engine is warm. The previous owner tried to do some repairs himself and didn't do a very good job, so I had to deal with that. But other than that, the repairs have been routine stuff: battery, tires, brake pads, belts. The only downside is garages try to gouge you for repairs because of the brand. I was quoted $2800 for replacing the springs on the front axle and about $1500 for replacing a front torquing arm. I turned down those repairs."

Need deep pockets...

By on Saturday, May 14, 2011

"In some ways I have loved my C230 Kompressor, but hated it in other ways. The engine/motor, transmission, etc., are brilliant! The car looks and drives great. Mercedes really skimped on quality though. While I love the car, I must say I have also been very disappointed in the quality. I've had to have the sunroof fixed twice, and it is broken again. The A/C has gone out twice, and and is far too overpriced to be worth fixing a second time. Everything on the interior (all cheap little plastic bits), such as window switches and parts of door panels, is either broken, or breaking. Nothing about this car is at all a reasonable expense to fix or replace. That said, the most important parts are still solid German Engineering genius, and have given me no major problems at all. It is such a joy and pleasure to drive (except in muggy Florida summer with no A/C)."

Excellent Ride

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

"Love my Mercedes. I bought it used and it's been about 8 months and I have no complaints. Fun to drive and pretty classy."

Exquisitely machined engine

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pros: "best of all worlds"

Cons: "rear sun shade broke after 7 years of working well"

"The performance out of this little 189hb super charged 4 cylinder is impressive. I can hit 120 with ease and she just gets more solid. Handling is about as precise as I have ever experienced (short of the Porsche 911 but for a sedan she's hot) The biggest drawback on this baby is the tires are different circumference on the rear so no rotation is possible front to back, and the Michelins are directional so no rotation right to left (making tire pressure critical) and the low front air dam keeps coming in contact with parking stops, destroys the fiberglass which has been repaired twice in the 8 years I've owned this mean sleek speed machine (top mpg was 35)"

a great car

By on Sunday, October 7, 2012

"I really like this car. It responds quickly to everything. I feel in control at all times. It's small, but roomy and I have been getting up to 30 mpg on the highway. It seems to be a reliable and good looking car."