2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 835 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Exquisitely machined engine

By on Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pros: "best of all worlds"

Cons: "rear sun shade broke after 7 years of working well"

"The performance out of this little 189hb super charged 4 cylinder is impressive. I can hit 120 with ease and she just gets more solid. Handling is about as precise as I have ever experienced (short of the Porsche 911 but for a sedan she's hot) The biggest drawback on this baby is the tires are different circumference on the rear so no rotation is possible front to back, and the Michelins are directional so no rotation right to left (making tire pressure critical) and the low front air dam keeps coming in contact with parking stops, destroys the fiberglass which has been repaired twice in the 8 years I've owned this mean sleek speed machine (top mpg was 35)"

a great car

By on Sunday, October 7, 2012

"I really like this car. It responds quickly to everything. I feel in control at all times. It's small, but roomy and I have been getting up to 30 mpg on the highway. It seems to be a reliable and good looking car."

Best car I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, September 10, 2011

Pros: "Quiet, great perfromance, fun to drive"

Cons: "no diesel"

"Kudo's in every aspect, best car I have ever owned! Only two problems in 6 years.....moisture in connector and fluid leak, both repaired under warranty. Wish a diesel was available in the C class."

great performance but lots going wrong

By on Sunday, August 1, 2010

"Many thing have gone wrong with this car over the years that I would never have expected based on my Infiniti and Toyota. Replacing lights is a monthly routine. The electrical system shorts easily and drains the battery. Many of the interior trim components have cracked , broken and/ot fallen off, (Geershift shroud, specker covers, pop up cup holder, AM reception) Brake and tire replacement are about twice what is required on my other cars (not to mention the excessive brake dust) Recently the AC and sunroof have stopped working. This is all par for the course with this car. On the plus side the engine power and handling have been excellent. Overall, if this is what all Mercedes are like then I wouldn't get one."

Great Preformer

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"Great performance with luxury. V8 performance with V6 fuel economy. However, more than average repairs to costly items. Supercharger replaced at 95,000 miles( bad front bearing that can't be replaced separately) --cost over $4000. A/C evaporator bad at 130,000 miles. will cost $3500 to replace ( need to remove entire dash to get to !) Side marker bulbs burn out regularily."