2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 833 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

C-230 Sport

By on Wednesday, November 5, 2008

"This is our first Benz and so far we love it. the car handles GREAT! it corners very nicely for weighing almost 4K pounds.. The craftsmen ship is very good. every thing is sealed and covered in the engine bay makes keeping the enigne bay spotless very easy. I really like the brakes. This car stops on a dime. it has vented front disc brakes with huge calipars on the front and rear discs. I love the fact the put the AMG body kit on the sport C-230 it really give it an edgy look. There are only a few things that I don't like about this car. The first is the car is a little under powered. The C-230 sport has a V6 that puts out 209hp with 187ibs of torque. The other thing I dont like about this car is the constant cleaning that needs to be done to the front rims from all the brake dust that is generated. I have to clean the rims every other day to keep the car looking clean. other than that I highly recommend this car to anybody I am 6ft 4 in and fit comfortably. I hope this helps who ever reads this"

Picked this up used, Pleasantly Surprised

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Good engineering,"

Cons: "Everyone tries to rip you off for repairs"

"Mechanically pretty solid. The value depreciates pretty quickly so you can pick up one pretty cheaply. Handles well in all weather even though it's RWD. Fuel economy is good; I get about 8 l/100km city and 7 l/100km on the highway after the engine is warm. The previous owner tried to do some repairs himself and didn't do a very good job, so I had to deal with that. But other than that, the repairs have been routine stuff: battery, tires, brake pads, belts. The only downside is garages try to gouge you for repairs because of the brand. I was quoted $2800 for replacing the springs on the front axle and about $1500 for replacing a front torquing arm. I turned down those repairs."

Need deep pockets...

By on Saturday, May 14, 2011

"In some ways I have loved my C230 Kompressor, but hated it in other ways. The engine/motor, transmission, etc., are brilliant! The car looks and drives great. Mercedes really skimped on quality though. While I love the car, I must say I have also been very disappointed in the quality. I've had to have the sunroof fixed twice, and it is broken again. The A/C has gone out twice, and and is far too overpriced to be worth fixing a second time. Everything on the interior (all cheap little plastic bits), such as window switches and parts of door panels, is either broken, or breaking. Nothing about this car is at all a reasonable expense to fix or replace. That said, the most important parts are still solid German Engineering genius, and have given me no major problems at all. It is such a joy and pleasure to drive (except in muggy Florida summer with no A/C)."

2005 C240 4matic sedan Silver/Black

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Bought this car with 86K miles on it. Very nervous about cost of ownership at first but this car has driven like a dream for the 3 months I have owned it. Had to replace outside ambient air temp sensor ($15) installed myself. Not really the cars fault, sensor sticks out of front bumper and is right in the path of any stones that are picked up. Averaging around 20-22 mpg. This car is built very solid and the ride quaility is amazing. 4matic is a drean on wet roads, almost impossible to hydroplane. You just feel safe in it. Acceleration is nothing to brag about, my old RSX/S would have killed it but who cares! Performance on the highway is more than adequate. After reading several reviews I would recommend this model to anyone, BUT take your car on a long test drive and put it through its paces before you buy it so any hidden faults will show themselves. Stayed clear of the 01-04 C-class due to reported reliability issues plus I prefer the post-facelift interior. I also liked the light color gray interior at first, but opted for black because I have read several places the light interior is a pain to keep clean."

been great car spent total of $ 379 since owned

By on Monday, August 8, 2016

Pros: "DURABLE WELL BUILT --FUN TO DRIVE AND SAFE."

Cons: "MERCEDES OVER CHARGES FOR SIMPLE REPAIRS-BAD."

"I HAVE OWNED MERCEDES SINCE 1973. HAVE OWNED 9 MERCEDES NOT ALL BRAND NEW, 1985 MERCEDES 380 SL, 1991 300E, 1997 SL320 AND 5 USED THE LAST ONE A 2007 C230 SPORT. HAS 111000 MILES AND STILL GOING STRONG. THE LEATHER, THE ENTIRE CAR HAS BEEN INDESTRUCTIBLE AND STILL LOOKS LIKE NEW. THIS IS PROBABLY MY LAST ONE BECAUSE I'M 74 NOW AND I ONLY DRIVE ABOUT 4200 MILES A YEAR NOW. I STILL DO TWO OIL CHANGERS A YEAR WITH SYNTHETIC. ALL OF THEM WHERE UNBELIVABLE IN QUALITY AND NONE SHOWED MUCH WEAR WHEN SOLD OR TRADED. MY RETIREMENT PRESENT WAS A NEW ALL BLACK 1997 MERCEDES SL320 THE LAST OF THE SL320'S. DROVE IT TILL IT BECAME TO DIFFERCULT FOR MY BODY TO GET OUT OF IT AND BOUGHT THE C230 NEW, ITS SILVER WITH REAL,REAL BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR. I HAVE BEEN APPROACHED BY TWO INDIVIDUALS TO SELL IT IRONICALLY BOTH COLLEGE STUDENTS IN THERE SENIOR YEAR. I CAN'T BE MORE PLEASED WITH ALL OF THEM. THEY LAST AND HOLE THERE VALUE IF YOU TAKE GOOD CARE OF THEM. TRADED THE 1973 FOR 8,000 MORE THEN I PAID FOR IT CAUSE MERCEDES PRICES WHERE GOING UP FAST IN A GREAT ECONONMY."