2002 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

8.2

Based on 835 Ratings for the 2001 - 2007 models.

Reliable, solid as a bank vault, reasonable mpg.

By on Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pros: "solidity, reliability, prestige, safety."

Cons: "can't think of any"

"Have owned this '02 model since '05. It has not developed one single squeak or clunk since we've had it. Everything still works just like the first day we owned it. Drives really easy and good on long trips for two. Service a little pricey, but it doesn't need much besides oil changes. I'd get in it and drive to New York tomorrow with no reservations."

I love my car!!

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Very safe (built strong), sound system"

Cons: "Price to maintain"

"I bought this car 2yrs ago and I love it. It's just very expensive to maintain I just spent $598.62 for a new alternator. The electrical system sucks lol. But over all this car is very safe I had an accident I was hit from behind by a Jeep Cherokee the front of his truck was a wreck and I had a small dent I was very happy that I chose Mercedes Benz"

Love it if your single

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "supper cute, very nice, reliable"

Cons: "interier way too small, expensive to upkeep"

"I love this car! But there isn't enough room once I had kids. My husband hates it because it is way too small for him to be comfortable. My Dad can barely squeeze himself into the passanger seat. But, for me, when I was a single girl... it was PERFECT!"

2005 C240 4matic sedan Silver/Black

By on Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Bought this car with 86K miles on it. Very nervous about cost of ownership at first but this car has driven like a dream for the 3 months I have owned it. Had to replace outside ambient air temp sensor ($15) installed myself. Not really the cars fault, sensor sticks out of front bumper and is right in the path of any stones that are picked up. Averaging around 20-22 mpg. This car is built very solid and the ride quaility is amazing. 4matic is a drean on wet roads, almost impossible to hydroplane. You just feel safe in it. Acceleration is nothing to brag about, my old RSX/S would have killed it but who cares! Performance on the highway is more than adequate. After reading several reviews I would recommend this model to anyone, BUT take your car on a long test drive and put it through its paces before you buy it so any hidden faults will show themselves. Stayed clear of the 01-04 C-class due to reported reliability issues plus I prefer the post-facelift interior. I also liked the light color gray interior at first, but opted for black because I have read several places the light interior is a pain to keep clean."

Picked this up used, Pleasantly Surprised

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Good engineering,"

Cons: "Everyone tries to rip you off for repairs"

"Mechanically pretty solid. The value depreciates pretty quickly so you can pick up one pretty cheaply. Handles well in all weather even though it's RWD. Fuel economy is good; I get about 8 l/100km city and 7 l/100km on the highway after the engine is warm. The previous owner tried to do some repairs himself and didn't do a very good job, so I had to deal with that. But other than that, the repairs have been routine stuff: battery, tires, brake pads, belts. The only downside is garages try to gouge you for repairs because of the brand. I was quoted $2800 for replacing the springs on the front axle and about $1500 for replacing a front torquing arm. I turned down those repairs."