1998 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Based on 283 Ratings for the 1994 - 2000 models.

Have to care it well!

By on Thursday, September 17, 2009

"comfortable, good handling, last long! but you have to care of it well. find a good mechanic to maintenance it on time and make sure change oils and filters in schedule! I can get 32 MPG when drove from vegas to LA for 250 mi. right after i changed fuel filter, coolant and tran. oil! before that i only get 29 MPG. It was really good already! i love it!"

I love this car

By on Thursday, August 27, 2009

"Mine's got 172,000 miles on it and it drives like it's just been broken in; the in-line 6 results in terrific acceleration. When it's going 80 plus, it gets super-smooth and just glides like it could go all day. Other than age-related repairs (replacing the wiring harness) it's been pretty basic in terms of maintenence. I'll buy another Benz when/if this one dies, but I expect to drive this one to 300,000+."

price meets practical

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2009

"This is my third C230 and loved them all. Good performance and fuel economy. The steering will provide a tight turn around and can haul a bunch if you get the option with fold down back seats."

Happy Car

By on Monday, August 3, 2009

"I bought this car new in 1995. It looks great, run great, holds the road like a champ. It has creature comforts that many new cars skimp on. But, it is German engineered, this little car preforms in turns and maneuvers in the city and on open roads. Yes it has a down side and that is in snow. I have never put snow tires on the car-my mechanic suggested. I am ready to upgrade and after test driving both domestic and imported cars i am going back to the 20010 C class."

Best car we ever owned

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"We bought a '96 C280 new. I drove it for 9 years and two of our daughters have driven it for the last 5 years. We have felt that it was a much safer alternative for young drivers. It has just over 100,000 miles and has never had a major service problem. It has been very reliable and we plan on keeping it in the family for many more years."