1996 Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Based on 283 Ratings for the 1994 - 2000 models.

Best Vehicle

By on Thursday, July 5, 2007

"This car has so much pick up. Quick to use around town and on the hwy. It handles and rides like a dream. The only bummer is you have to use premium gas, otherwise this vehicle is the best! The gas mileage is ok, not bad at all."

My Dream Come True

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "Perfect Handling, Everlasting Model, fully loaded"

Cons: "nothing that i can think of"

"I have 1999 c280 sport package, just one more step to c43 amg, I've had this car for almost two years, my dream car since i was teenager, i bought this car when it was still 99000 miles, nothing really cost me except for oil change, and tires, since i installed 18 inch AMG, I really love this car, i will keep this car and will never sale it, fully loaded with optional, powerful if we compare with BMW, Audi,Saab, I think Benz is the best car for German Technology, can't ask for more from this car... Love it"

A well-optimized, balanced, and beautiful ride

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, design, interior, handling"

Cons: "Tire life"

"A pleasing and durable car. Its ride, handling, and appearance are remarkably similar to the day it left the dealership (I bought it new 18 years ago). It’s required a few repairs, but nothing very unusual or troublesome. Repair costs can be a bit pricey, but the car’s worth it. Minor maintenance and repairs can be done by the reasonably competent do-it-yourselfer. It’s a well balanced car and handles well in all weather conditions, including Colorado’s snow (with the right tires). Tire tread life is low, however, averaging 20K no matter the manufacturer (with the right warranty you can compensate). Gas mileage with this 4-cylinder is reasonable at ~26 mpg in balanced usage. I’d buy this car again, absolutely, and plan to keep this one for as long as I need a car (and maybe longer)."

C43 AMG

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Fast, Incredible Quality, Timeless look"

Cons: "I only have one C43 - two would be better!"

AMG!

"Bought this 1999 C43 with 75000 miles on it for $10,000 in 2009. Wow, what a car, here we are in 2012 and I can still smoke just about any car on the road if I want some fun, handles better than most sedans, but the age is showing in that department. Talk about a rock solid engine, it just growls and goes! Mileage around town is 19 mpg, 23 to 25 on the highway depending on how much I push it. Amazing features for a car this old, it feels better than just about every new or newer car I've driven. This car sold me on Mercedes build and quality - they've got a lifetime customer - I've had Audi, BMW, SAAB, VW and domestics - won't ever buy anything but MB again. Next one up? C63 AMG - woo hoo!. Great cars!"

AMG!

By on Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"good car. easy to work on and solid all around"