1993 Mercedes-Benz 400SEL

Based on 135 Ratings for the 1992 - 1999 models.

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I love my car! Smooth, Fast, Comfortable. The only drawback, makes you not want to ride in anything else."

a decent project car

By on Friday, September 2, 2016

"i ve owned this car for 10yrs. i would drive it anywhere, just came up on hard time in the last few months and couldn't keep it up. Wanting to sell to someone that would like to buy a real decent old school benz"

S600 is the Ultimate Luxury

By on Monday, March 7, 2011

"I have owned my 97 S600 since May 2009. Overall it has been a great, rewarding experience. As long as you are willing to pay a premium for maintenance/parts the car is well worth the upkeep (money). The S600 was $150,000 worth of Mercedes Benz technology when new so expect for that technology to go bad over time and cost a small fortune. Main issues with the car is the factory hydraulic suspension, rear sunshade, front and rear A/C, oil leaks, and operating systems causing frequent check engine lights which are expensive to diagnose and even more expensive to repair. I will only recommend this vehicle if you know a GREAT mechanic. If you rely on the dealership expect to spend $3-$5,000 per year to maintain. If you have the patience and deep pockets I would recommend the W140 S600 again and again. Hope this helps!"

Body and Chasis remains impressive inspite of age

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

Pros: "Durable, dependable, and well maintained"

Cons: "no cup holders indeed. Germans loathe to drink."

"The 300 SE still maintains the prestige of a Mercedes Benz. On several occasions, a by passer would place a note on my windshield. The note would convey a message either "Want to sell this vehicle, " or "What would it take to initiate a deal."

Looks good BUT!

By on Monday, August 23, 2010

"I have been driving MCB S Class vehicles for 24 years. I now own my last one! I get over 31 mpg on my 2001 S430 at 70 mph...HOWEVER, I am on my 4th instrument cluster, 4th battery, 3rd mass airflow sensor, and second alternator. (the first seized on the MA Tpk.) Mercedes paid all but 10% to have the rust repaired on the bottom all 4 doors. It rides great, looks like new, but I don't know what's going to fail next and the repairs are very expensive! I was told last week to expect a check engine light very soon because the mass airflow sensor is about to fail...again!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz 400SEL near Honolulu. See local deals