1993 Mercedes-Benz 300TE

Based on 24 Ratings for the 1992 - 1993 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10

better than the new one

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"I am the original owner of a 1992 300 TE 4-matic. It seemed expensive in 1992 at $52,000 but it does not owe me a penny. I have put on 144,000 trouble free miles since. In 2007 I bought a new E350 4-matic (the same color) for $52,000 (amazing) because I was becoming fearful of long trips in the old car, but I kept the old one even though several folks wanted to buy it, because I like the style better, it is better built, the straight six is quieter and smoother than the V6 in the new one, the 7-speed transmission on the new one is annoying and constantly shifting, and it has better visability because of its square design and fewer annoying headrests. Yes, I have had things repaired over the years but on the whole the maintenence has been no more than expected. The paint, leather, and carpet are like new. I only have 5,000 miles on the new one and only use it for long trips!"

Best Island Car

By on Sunday, February 7, 2010

"smooth driving and quiet engine! One of the finest vehicles ever owned! Mercedes did a beautiful job engineering this one, lesser brands still have not been able to achieve what Mercedes had 20 years ago!"

By on Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"I have owned my teal colored wagon for 12 years. I purchased it from my brother-in-law in 1998 and it had 98,000 miles on it. It currently has 314,000 miles and rides better than my 2007 Toyota Camry. I love it's style and reliability. Parts are expensive but performance is amazing. This car originally sold for $58,000 in 1991. It was worth it!!!!! My mechanic, who is German, said this model was best mercedes made."

A classic beauty

By on Monday, November 17, 2008

"I've had this car for 4 years. I've not driven it much for the past two due to not-so-great (to me) gas mileage (17-21). I drive it more in the winter (snow and ice conditions). The all wheel drive works great and never failed. I've read that around 80K the transfer case starts giving problems (i have 73k on it now). Car looks great, drives very quiet, has tons of class and is built like a tank. A lot of people say it ages very nicely I say it simply does not age! I did spend 3-4K on it for a head gasket, water pump, radiator, front axle, and a motor mount. That was it. Car has a lot of space and the self leveling rear suspension makes it look like you're not carrying any load. The car has a certain charm and style to it. Don't try to drive it like a hot-rod. It's not cheap to own but is very rewarding. With proper maintenance it will last many more years."

i own this car

By on Sunday, August 26, 2007

"these cars run like a champ, drive like a car, and have enough room for your gear. i have worked on these cars for over a decade and i would recommend this car to my best friends."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mercedes-Benz 300TE near Honolulu. See local deals