2007 Mazda RX-8

8.0

Based on 478 Ratings for the 2004 - 2011 models.

Fun car

By on Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"It is a fun car to drive. Space for two adults and 2 kids comfortably. I drove 350z, s2000, and other Sports car but I have to say that RX8 is not the FASTEST but most comfortable."

Great car, great fun

By on Sunday, November 8, 2009

"I have owned my RX8 for about 6 months now. I have put about 18,000mileson it in that short time. I have done that not out of necessity, but I frequently find myself just going for a drive "for the heck of it." This car handles beautifully. You can take 45 degree corners at 70mph and the car just taunts you to go faster. The acceleration is a little slow off the start, however, once you hit about 4500rpm its acceleration is admirable. Don't expect good gas mileage. This is not a fault of the car in my opinion, because well, I bought a sports car, not a Prius. You don't walk into a Ferrari dealership and ask if they get good gas mileage. Highway isn't bad, went on a trip to the twin cities from Madison, Wisconsin and I got there easily on one tank of gas. 14 gallon tank, premium gas, 265miles. Not bad for what kind of car it gets. City, I get about 202 out of a tank and thats if I am having a little fun once and awhile. The confort level is great. No discomfort on a 5 hour straight drive. The leather and heated seats in mine help though. No reliability issues whatsoever. I would have to say this though. If you have all the bells and whistles like I do, do not, I repeat, do not put cheap semi-metallic brake pads on this car. The dealer put the cheapest pads on it possible and once and awhile, the wheels get so dirty from brake dust that it collects on a sensor and sets off my abs, parking brake and traction control light. I recently upgraded the pads to ceramic pads and haven't had a problem whatsoever. If you do have cheap pads, power cycle the car and the lights go away and clean your rims frequently. Aside from those minor complaints, which lie with the dealer, not the manufacture of the car, overall one of the best cars I have ever owned. I get people asking me all the time, "what kind of car is that?" or "sweet car, man" I passed a Mercedes SLK, a Porsche Cayenne, a Honda S2000, and they all looked at my car."

Not everyone's sportscar

By on Thursday, January 22, 2009

"This car is simply amazing. The styling is second to none, and the Renesis rotary engine is beautiful to drive, granted you know how to drive it. Since it's a rotary, it has a steady increase in HP in higher rpm's. That's where the power is. You might not beat your mustang/charger/camaro driving friends off the line, but you will beat them down the track. Plus the handling is amazing. I still can't understand why most American sports cars use a McPherson strut. Double uneven wishbone is the way to go. Look at all the professional race cars....that's what they all use. The only real con is the fuel efficiency, which can be helped substantially by aftermarket intake and exhaust kits. It is incredibly easy to light up the tires at a flick of the toe, especially since they lightened the 2009 model significantly AND lowered the rear end from 4.5:1 to 4.777:1. Maintenance is much more critical in this car than your typical piston engine due to the motor's design, but that's what owning a rotary is all about! I bought the first one in our area and I have gotten nothing but comments since getting it. One lady actually went out and bought an older one for her high-school aged daughter (big mistake) just because she liked the way mine looked and sounded. Overall a fantastic car!"

Big Bang For Your Buck

By on Thursday, January 15, 2009

"I have a 2005 6 speed that I bought new in 2006 with 800 dealer miles on it. Pro's: Handles like its on rails, sleak interior and exterior design, enough power to keep up with other comparable sports car, great value for the money, 4yr or 40k warranty. Con's: Gas mileage, breaks squeak occasionaly and thats about it. I personaly love this car and would recommend it to anyone that would like a high performance vehicle at a reasonable price. You have to keep up with the oil levels more frequently than a traditional engine but that comes with owning a rotary. Small price to pay for a engine that screams at 9000 rpms. About every 5000 miles it will require a oil change or the addition of about a quart of oil. Ive only had 3 problems with this car to take note of. 1. Center console latch breaks easily. Mazda replaced under warranty. 2. Breaks squeak after about 20k. Mazda said to turn down the rotars and that would remedy the problem. Given the car was under warranty I asked if they would do this but they shot it down because I had changed out the stock pads. 3. Rear tail light seals have a tendency to allow condensation in the lights. Asked Mazda about this and they offered to fix free of charge. All in all this is a great car and a blast to drive. Still turns heads 3 yrs after I bought it. I only wish Mazda would come out with a turbo or super charge version that would lay waste to the 350z."

RX-8

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Had this car for just about a year, bought it brand new, tons of fun when im not in the company truck. It is one of the more fun to drive cars i have owned. I do think the fit and finish is a little under par, ive had to replace both sun visors 2 times each now... but other than that its very sound, check your oil once a month and add accordingly and you'll go far and for a long time!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda RX-8 near Honolulu. See local deals