2005 Mazda RX-8

8.0

Based on 477 Ratings for the 2004 - 2011 models.

In the best RX tradition

By on Sunday, November 9, 2008

"I owned a RX-7 for 16 yrs and love the rotary engine. I've owned this RX-8 Shinka for 3 years now and just love it! It is not possible to skid around curves, it is so rock-solid on the road and sticks amazingly well. It is quiet, comfortable, and all controls are conveniently located and well though-out. With minimum maintenance this vehicle will last a long time. Oh, and ignore stories of massive oil usage -- they are false!"

Awesome Car!

By on Saturday, August 16, 2008

"I have owned a 6 spd 2005 GT model since 2005, when I bought it, and it is running as good as new. I have driven this car everywhere, to include across the Country and several 10 hour I95 trips back and forth. As long as you (the owner) maintain the vehicle, as with most things, it will run forever. The worst thing about the car is that it goes through oil like crazy, but it's not even that big of a deal considering the car your driving and the 1.3l rotary engine powering it. The only thing I would like more of with the RX8, is power (the get up and go), something equivalent to a G35 or 350Z. However, considering the high RPM, handling, style and interior, and overall performance of the RX8, it's still more bang for your buck. It just depends on what you're looking for. If you're looking for a lot of "get up and go" and a car that is easily recognized, then stick with a Nissan 350Z, Infinity G35, or something else in it's class. If you're looking for an all around unique sports car and something that is AWESOME to drive, then the RX8 is an excellent choice."

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2008

"I bought this car with only 6k miles on it. so far the car has been great. the body is modified some. it has a complete mazda speed body kit, and 18" mazdaspeed wheels to go with the body. what i like about it, is that there is not alot around. especially like mine. i only drive it in the nice weather. that means the summer months only. i have not had any problems with the spark plugs, or flooding. one thing u should not do is run synthetic oil. it tells u that in the manual. i love the car and expect to have it a long time. i would'nt recomend for every day driving. the car is a sports car, so u should treat it like one."

Next to this would be a Ferrari

By on Wednesday, November 28, 2007

"I have owned my RX-8 for just over a year now, and I would say it is one of the neatest vehicles on the road. It handles unlike anything else out there, and is an absolute blast to drive. Not to mention, it has some of the sharpest styling especially for what the car is. Mazda is underrated, and not considered like I would now recommend they be. I have had no major problems, and only once had to have it taken to the dealership which was still all factory warranty coverage. The interior is very trick-looking, and very comfortable. There is virtually no body roll on the car, and you can always find yourself pushing corners well beyond the limits of what you think can normally be pushed, yet the RX-8 still holds its ground. Although there are backseats, in a car that doesn't look like it has back seats, there is still surprising amounts of room even for a 6 foot tall person. Not necessarily something I would want to take across country as a rear passenger, but the remainder of the vehicle is still very comfortable with ample amounts of room. It would be nice if they continued and put a turbo on these editions, although it looks like that is what the 2009 or 2010's will be lucky to get. I would say this car is one of the next best things without buying a car that costs next to $150,000 and up. They are very catchy, and I am still not sick of the car like I tend to get with most vehicles after a few months. I have no intentions of getting rid of it. In fact, I would like to keep the car as they are now a collector car in a manner of speaking, just like the predecessor, RX-7. They could be more powerful, but to keep in mind, the rotary engine is not a high torque motor. The sound of the motor reminds me of a turbine, and is probably some of the smoothest power delivery of anything I have ever driven. If you have to make a choice between an auto or standard, I would recommend the standard as long as you don't have a lot of stop-and-go traffic. But even the auto is a great deal of fun, and still is so nifty with the paddle shifters that it comes equipped with. So much fun when you feel like some backroad racing. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this vehicle, that is, if you can get your hands on one."

I LOVE MY RX-8!!!!

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

"I love everything about it except if its your only car try not to drive it in the snow....will not get anywhere lol"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda RX-8 near Honolulu. See local deals