ZIP code

1996 Mazda MX-6 Consumer Reviews

Pleasantly surprised

By on Friday, August 17, 2007

"Original owner on this 15 year old car. A few issues in it's life: - Exhaust system literally fell apart on me (weld broke in middle). Still under warranty, but the wrecker that towed me told me that he had seen that weld break a few times. - Original green paint did not hold up well at all and started to fade / could quickly. However, car went through a hail storm, and insurance paid to repaint the whole thing. Matched green paint was a wonder. - Many splits / cracks in dash. But, it has always been parked outside in Texas (really, quite cruel). - Otherwise, very few repair issues. Frankly, I would have chucked it long ago if it did. 15 years later, and I'm ready for a new car. But, I can't justify buying a new one while this one is still a runner. :) I'm looking at a new Mazda to replace it."

Underrated!

By on Saturday, July 7, 2007

"It's hard to believe the Mazda MX-6 is such an overlooked car. Even with great looks inside and out, smooth performance, a surprising amount of cargo space, and good reliability, it still remains undervalued and underrated. Very comfortable even on long trips, but avoid the back seat if you are over 5' tall. Very reliable except for the rear disc brakes and distributor (problems only present with the LS model, not the base model), and good enough to be a daily driver after 14 years. Upgrade/repair kits for the brakes and distributor are available at a reasonable cost. Avoid the fragile automatic transmission unless you get a cooler. One of the best manual transmissions I've driven. Repairs are pretty easy and intuitive compared to many cars. A standout car for a bargain price!"

Very nice ride. Very stylish. Feels solid.

By on Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"I have bought this car eight years ago. I loved it so much that I still don't want to give it up for a new one even though I have money to buy a new car. Some people think that it's a brand new vehicle of the late 2000 era when it's fully washed. The styling is impeccable. The drive is solid. The feel is sporty. The look is slick yet elegant. The engine is smooth and it feels quite fast. I spend no more than $500 per year maintaining it. It's seen me through raising to young toddlers till they grown up. When driving with the sun roof open, it feels like such a nice ride. The leather seats are still almost new. No rust at all. The engine purrs like a happy cat. Go Mazda!!!"

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted