2017 Mazda MAZDA6 Consumer Reviews

2446 transactions
in the last 90 days
within the U.S.
Transaction Data

This meter represents a sample range of recent transaction prices for vehicles of the same year, make and model as the vehicle specified, but sometimes with a different style and/or equipment. Analyzed transaction prices exclude taxes, DMV fees, documentation fees, other dealership charges and any available rebates or incentives.

10/8.9

Based on 161 Ratings for the 2014 - 2017 models.

Great vehicle and the safety was proven.

By on Monday, September 9, 2013

"Was very impressed with this vehicle when I first looked at it. I own an Audi A6 and was purchasing this for my daughter. She drove other vehicles but once she drove the Mazda 6 she was done looking and I was glad. Very nice vehicle for the money and more importantly to me I liked the upgraded safety on the 2014 model. That got tested today as evidenced by the photo. Three teenage girls walked away with minor scratches after getting T-boned by a large 4X4 truck. Her replacement will be another Mazda 6."

Winner in class hands down

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, gas mileage, Rear traffic sensor"

Cons: "Clock position"

"I have now had my Red Mazda 6 Touring w/o tech for a week now and 350 miles. Awesome, best in this class and I definitely made the right decision. After over 3 months of looking and multiple test drives on most of the models I'm glad I waited for the 2014 to come out. None of the others in the class made me feel like "this was the car", I felt like I was going to have to settle. I even tried the Audi, Acura and BMW. The 6 was very close to them for a lot less money. The only one close was the Accord Sport, nothing else compared after I drove the Mazda. I wanted something that not everyone else had (Accord, Camry). The Altima was in the mix, but I could not get over the velour on the arm rest. If your looking for a car in this class you HAVE to drive the Mazda!! As my wife said if you want to feel old drive the Camry. I absolutely love this car, gas mileage was the best, it has ZOOM ZOOM, Pandora is great, blind spot monitor, rear camera plus the added motion detector when backing up (already saved me once), blue tooth works great, the red color (lots of compliment) is awesome ( silver was also sharpe), front seat is comfortable as is the leatherette (I'm 6'3" and fit great wife is 5'4" and also fits great). Have a average of 27mpg so far. The only con so far is the clock is down low and not by the dash. Do not let the dealer try to make you pay sticker price, if your willing to drive you can find a dealer under sticker."

It Just Feels Better

By on Saturday, April 13, 2013

Pros: "Best overall driving experience in midsize market."

Cons: "?"

"I just can't find a bad thing to this car. Shortly after I purchased it, I took a 2500 mile road trip to Florida. I never got tired of driving it, and felt refreshed even after driving it 1000 miles straight. And in that 1000 miles, only stopped for gas once, and not because I needed it, but because my passengers needed the pitstop. So far I am averaging 34mpg (tracked on Fuelly) with most of my driving being a 23 mile round trip to work daily in small city traffic. I test drove all the competition before purchasing this vehicle, as this is the most I have ever decided to spend on a car. And for me, the Mazda 6 was the only choice. If you want to get from PointA to PointB, buy one of the other guys. But if you want pure driving pleasure everytime from PointA to B, then look no further than the Mazda6."

a gem at a wonderful price

By on Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Pros: "torque filled fun with 500 miles per tank"

Cons: "dealer had to tighten a rattling speaker cover"

"This car is only $20k!?!? It drives like it should be twice that. The seats are great, the cabin is spacious, the 6 speed manual is effortless. The base model even has tilt, cruise, steering wheel controls, keyless entry and keyless start button. The Skyactive 2.5 has plenty of power if you downshift to use it. 3rd gear tops out at 85MPH.. and there are 3 more gears left!! This 4 cly. has the torque of a V6 and gives back 500 miles per tankful."

For the money in its class, simply unbeatable

By on Monday, August 17, 2015

Pros: "Great fuel economy, nice price, excellent dynamics"

Cons: "Check for blind-spot concerns"

"I now have just over 50,000 miles on this car, having owned it for about 18 months. Yes, you read that right on the mileage. It has gone through one set of tires in that time. Driving dynamics are excellent; this is a car you can do 12 hour road trips in without feeling like you got hit by a bus halfway there -- and I have made many of them. My average fuel economy since new is right near 35mpg -- no, that's not an error either. It runs on regular, so no pricey premium fuel is required. For a gas-powered vehicle of this size to get into the mid-to-upper 30s on AVERAGE fuel consumption is simply outstanding; I've tracked every tank since it was new. I've had zero maintenance issues with the car; it has required only routine oil and filter changes, plus a new set of tires. Incidentally, consider the BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S (if you want/need all season tires) when the time comes; they are a big upgrade from the Yokohama Adavan A83s that come from the factory and are reasonably priced. I bought the sport specifically to get the manual gearbox and "non-fancy" radio, since I intended to (and did) immediately replace it with an aftermarket unit. Note that the 2016s lose this capability, since they have gone to an integrated unit rather than an easily-replaced 2-DIN size. That, and the loss of the manual handbrake, are two reasons I prefer the '15 to the '16. I drove pretty-much everything in this class with an under $50,000 MSRP before buying the "6", and in my view it's a superior car to those costing twice as much -- if the driving experience is a major part of your requirement set. That it also obtains class-leading fuel economy is a large bonus and one that materially lowers the cost of ownership (if you put on a lot of miles.) There are compromises at this price-point, of course. The 2.5L I4 engine is plenty 95% of the time, but in the mountains the lack of forced induction means it does suffer somewhat. The MT benefits from a heavier and shorter shift knob than stock (which I changed), and I'd like it if the accelerator and brake were a bit closer together, as heel/toe downshifting is a challenge at best. I suspect you can thank the lawsuit lobby for that, unfortunately. Nonetheless if you're looking for something in the mid-sized class that can handle 4 adults without turning the rear passengers into sardines, has excellent fuel economy with outstanding driving dynamics (Mazda actually managed to fashion electric-assist steering that doesn't feel like a rubber band, for example) while at the same time returning astounding real-world fuel economy, you'll find that combination in this vehicle -- and nowhere else at anything approaching the asking price. One downside to mention -- visibility is a bit of an issue forward due to the slope of the hood, so you do have to pay attention when pulling in to parking spaces, and as with most modern sedans the B and C pillars produce a bit of a blind spot, especially if you're coming from a wagon or small SUV. The good side is that unlike many modern cars ground clearance is quite-generous so you won't rip the forward skirt off the car with normal-sized curb stops -- a very good thing that many modern vehicles get wrong."