2011 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 202 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

2011 Mazda 6i Sport

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "Good price, Fun to drive"

"After researching on the Internet, I decided to look at the Mazda 6. I'm glad I did. It has the rear seat space of a larger car, great (in my opinion) styling, good build quality at a very competitive price. I got a Mazda 6i Sport with a 6 speed manual. I'm retired, and don't do much urban stop-and-go driving. I wanted a "practical" car that was fun to drive-so I got a manual. When I test-drove the car at the dealership, I found the 6 speed manual to be smooth. The "shift gate" defining the gears was good - much better than the older cars that I have driven. The handling was solid. The layout of the dash impressed me, as well as the overall interior quality of the car. I got a "lower-end" model of the 6, but it came with most of the features that I wanted, and at a very good price. Time will tell if it's a reliable car, but it should, having the same 4-cylinder engine as the Ford Fusion, and a reliable proven design for the transmission. It's a good value, and I would recommend looking at the 6 when you are looking for a new car."

Poorman's Lexus

By on Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pros: "A lot of Zoom Zoom! for the price."

Cons: "No rear AC vents for rear passengers but dual-zone AC runs plenty cold enough"

"Outstanding value! This is a sleeper in value and performance compared to the "Camcords" on the road. I like the exclusivity of the 6 and even rarer the S Grand Touring V6. Unfortunately this car left its core "tuner" audience behind while going upscale for 2009 and beyond which did not help the sales record. You can't find a bad review from any of the top car mags. The 272hp V6 is intoxicating! Zip!,Zap!, and Pow! and it scoots down the road virtually without any torque steer for a FWD...Mazda engineering at best! Can't beat the features, advanced key-less, push button start, blue-tooth phone and audio streaming, self-dimming rear view AND side mirrors, Homelink. Poorman's Lexus but I'm afraid the secret is getting out and the price will increase. This is my fourth Mazda and second 6. My 2006 6 is the Sportwagon and I wished they had brought it it back with the 2009 model year."

Really good sedan

By on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, good family sedan"

Cons: "can't really think of any"

"I have the 4 cyl Grand Touring version, and love it. Good acceleration, great handling and brakes. Good interior and trunk space, very comfortable. Gas mileage is consistently 20-21 in suburban driving (very little freeway driving or stop-and-go commuting). It's developed a rattle in the driver's door, but that's the only problem in three years."

Great car (but for a few annoyances)

By on Thursday, May 13, 2010

"I bought my 6i Sport new in August 09 and have put over 30,000 miles on it in less than 9 months. Overall, I would recommend this car. The pros include good handling with minimal body roll, adequate (though not overwhelming) power and decent mileage (29-32 mpg on regular gas), a back seat that's far roomier than the styling suggests, a relatively sharp 6 speed manual, solid structure, and excellent reliability so far. Although they felt a bit odd at first, the seats are comfortable and supportive for hours on end. The drawbacks have been relatively minor: a few rattles that started with only a few thousand miles (disappointing and a bit worrisome), grip-free standard tires (since replaced by 18" wheels and Eagle GTs, which are much better suited to the sporting suspension), substantial road noise, paint that apparently scratches easily, and an armrest latch that broke (replaced under warranty). I bought the car because it seemed like it would be entertaining on fun roads, comfortable on boring ones, roomy enough to carry adults comfortably, affordable to own, and reliable over the long haul. So far, it has not let me down."

More refinement needed.

By on Thursday, December 3, 2009

"For Kelly Blue Book More refinement needed. After reading so many positive reviews on the new generation Mazda 6, I decided to purchase a 2010 Mazda iTouring (4 cyl/auto). It’s a nicely designed car, handles well, has a decent sound system, and is fun to drive. It also has a nicely laid out dashboard which makes access to the radio and A/C and heater controls easy. On the downside are refinement and quality-control issues. For example, a 1/8” gap can be seen where the interior windshield posts meet the dashboard. Also, there’s too much plastic on the left side of the dashboard and cheap-looking vinyl on the center console. Better insulation to control engine and road noise would have been nice. Most annoying, though, is a thudding sound coming from the rear of the car. I later discovered it’s the gas sloshing around in the fuel tank, which is most noticeable when the tank is more than 1/2 full. It’s surprising that something this glaring was not detected during the quality-control process. Overall, what the 6 lacks in fit and finish and refinement, it makes up with in exterior design and handling."