2010 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 202 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

What Honda used to be...

By on Saturday, December 4, 2010

"After 12 Hondas, they were getting too big and bloated. After owning an 08 Accord for one year, I hated it. The Mazda 6 was a surprising alternative. No longer blinded by Honda loyalty, when I set out to find a comparable car to my older Accords, the Mazda stuck up above all the others. At the time, the MT was available on the hightest 4cyl trim level which was a huge selling point for me. It offeres features the Accord still doesn't (HIDs, streaming BT, keyless start, trip PC without NAVI). The performance has been GREAT. It has a light nimble touch that reminds me of older Hondas, unlke the heft of the current Accords that is always felt. Fuel economy has been very good. The interior is amazingly quiet on the hwy (why can't Honda get this down?). And the interior is very well laid out - agin, unlike current Hondas with interiors that are more decorated than ergonomically designed. Overall, the 6 has been a fantastic car. The lumbar support handle broke and was replaced under warranty . . . the only thing in nearly 40K miles - as opposed to the Accord that had brake and headlight issues (both subjected to a class action lawsuit) as well as other interior trim issues. I highly recommend the 6."

Get The Automatic!!!!

By on Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"I purchased the 4 banger I-Sport 6 speed. I wanted a stick, and liked it during test drives so went with it. After living with it for several months, I wish I had bought the automatic. I drove the automatic recently on a business trip, and it is a great automatic with immediate response and great gearing. The six speed on the other hand is geared strangely and runs north of 3000 RPM at 70 MPH. I noticed the automatic only revs at 2500 RPM at 70 MPH. Probably why it gets better mileage and is quieter. The auto shifts fast and smooth and I see no advantage to the stick. It gets worse mileage, revs higher which may shorten engine life, and it is harder to sell used. One final thing, if you can get the top of the line 6 for a good deal, and are willing to sacrifice mileage, jump on it. Nicer car than some of the Lexus and Acura line...and fast."

Love this Car!

By on Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive; beautiful car"

"Have nothing negative to say about the Mazda 6. Was not looking at Mazda when I purchased this car but fell in love. The car is gorgeous and drives very well. The Bluetooth system is fantastic and high end, without me purchasing anything additional."

Great Car for the $$$

By on Friday, March 8, 2013

Pros: "Fantastic value and a blast to drive."

Cons: "N/A"

"I bought new and have had it for 3 1/2 years. No issues to this point other than an issue with the key fob. I had intended on buying an Altima but got way more car for the money by going with the Mazda. Interior design is well thought out and looks good from the outside too. For a 4 door sedan that has plenty of room inside, the gas mileage is great (about 25 in town and over 30 on the hwy). Handles great and the ride is comfortable overall. Not quite as good for resale as a Toyota or Honda but no regrets here, plan on driving the wheels off it. Best in it's class overall. Love this car!!"

Family sports car!

By on Friday, January 6, 2012

Pros: "Good looking"

Cons: "Gas mileage and harsh ride"

"Traded my mid-life crisis Mazda RX8 for this car because I was tired of shifting. I do not regret it....most of the time. This car is fast and handles the curves very well. Styling is good inside and out. You will not see one at every stop light like a Camary or Accord. Comfortable and reliable with quality materials and good fit and finish. Ride is a little harsh and gas mileage could be better."