2009 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 202 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Great car

By on Monday, April 25, 2011

"Purchased the 2011 Mazda 6i Grand Touring. I can't stop looking for excuses to go for a drive. It's a classy looking car and it performs very well."

By on Saturday, January 15, 2011

good city car

By on Thursday, November 18, 2010

"excellent to drive around and better in gas miles."

Love my Ebony Black 2010 Mazda 6 ITP

By on Sunday, August 22, 2010

"Purchased in Dec of 2009. Slick and sporty look. Stands out from the rest of the pack in its class. Handles great. Great performance. No issues but lots of compliments. Bang for your buck! Suggestions for improvement: Better fuel economy, folding side mirrors, turning signals on mirrors and leather seats option for the ITP."

So Far So Good!

By on Thursday, July 22, 2010

"I purchased the 09 Mazda iTouring 6 speed manual transmission in May 09. Since then I've only had it in the shop twice: The windshield motor unit failed and a cracked windshield (I can't blame that on Mazda). I only have 4000 miles on it, so obviously I don't drive it often, however, I did noticed the seats to be a little stiff on long trips. Overall, it's got a great look and I think the value is good as well.... As long as there aren't more mechanical issues. I owned a Mazda Millenia prior to my purchase of this car and NEVER had a problem with my Millenia. I'm hoping for the same success for the Mazda6."

New gadgets

By on Monday, January 4, 2010

"This is the second mazda6 i've owned and the best. No major problems just some strange issues with the keyless entry and an over active overdrive on my 5sp auto. The keyless entry issue is actually pretty strange. You have to wait for the car to actually beep twice before you can open the door. I get locked out all the time, just waiting for the security system to reset. You also can't lock the doors when the car is running. When you walk away it beeps at you several times and cuases the computer to send a code so your keyless entry light stays on. All I'd want it to do is lock when it sense the key not in range of the car. No warming up the car in the winter I guess. The transmission is another strange issue. At 65 and below overdrive kicks on and off over everything. Small waves in the road, the wind and I think even the bugs when they hit the front of my car. But once your up to 70-80 it's a great highway car. It will throw it self into 3rd at 70 and get you going. But on the other hand it's not a stop light racer. I think everything above is just New gadgets for mazda6 and have no problem buying another one. In my daily 100 mile daily commute it does it's job well. Im averaging 28.9 mpg and I consider myself an agressive driver."

Great car

By on Friday, November 27, 2009

"Ive owned a 2009 mazda 6 sport the v6 model and i love it. Great ride great acelaration and horsepower. Inside is nice but could use some jazzing up. Its been about a year and a half and the car still feels new very well built. My wife has a 04 honda accord and her transmission went at 50,000 miles so when i was in the market it was mazda or toyota and mazda was the better vlue hands down.Overall i recomend this car to anyone that wants a sedan with a little attitude."

Out of the box

By on Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"The car to me was comaprable to the ES 350 at 10k less. Very satisfied. If I had to list the negatives, it would be that the Nav does not come with a back up camera, nor does it offer back up sensors. Pretty good if that is all I could come up with."

Terrible blind spots...but I love it still!!

By on Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"I absolutely love my mazda however it has really bad blind spots. The car is beautiful and very roomy for people my size. My fiance is 5''9 and he does not think it is comfortable nor has enough room but for a small girl like me it's perfect!!"

Love the Car

By on Monday, November 23, 2009

"The Mazda6 is definitely a fun car to drive with a lot of power. I purchased the S Grand Touring model. It has a powerful 3.7L (V6 engine) 272 hrs power and 269 ft of torque. I have been able to do 0-60 in 6.1 secs. I have been averaging more gas milage than advertised. I am getting 20.5 city/28 highway. It is a quiet and smooth ride. The engine is more powerful, but quieter than the older model. The interior is well designed and comfortable. The Exterior is stylish and easy on the eyes. I love the blind spot monitoring system and the 5 star crash test rating. I can tell that this new redesign Mazda6 has great quality. It feels and drives like a lot of luxury Cars, but with a sporty feel like an Acura TL. Overall the car is awesome and I would recommend anyone to drive one before you buy your next car."

Extremely good familly sedan , almost sport sedan

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, spacious, well equiped, confortable"

"I got that car for my wife to be the familly car. I have a V 8 Musatng for fun. Good looking, spacious and good handling ( but more grippy tires will make it handle like a BMW.) It is a very good value and comes well equiped even as a basic model (I- Sport / 4 Cyl.) We are extremely satisfied with that car."

one year later

By on Thursday, September 17, 2009

"Owned the 6 for one year. I bought a new sTouring with several options. The blind spot monitoring system works great is should be standard on all cars. Keyless entry and bluethooth work well. Occasionally bluetooth errors but this can be attributed to wind noise at highway speeds. The 6 handles very well and is a pleasure to drive. I do have an annoying wind noise located in the drivers window frame. This is right at ear level and drives me crazy at freeway speeds. Fortunately I do not drive highway daily. The passenger door trim insert also rattles. This rattles on all road surfaces and rattles to the bass of the radio. Had an issue with the tires earlier on. The rear drivers tire blew out on the freeway while I was traveling in the passing lane. fortunately I was able to safely bring the car to the breakdown lane. The tire shredded and came off the rim. New tire set me back $322. Ouch. I don't know why it was not covered as it appears to me to be a defect. New tire loses air monthly, wonder if rim was damaged? Interesting note : Spare tire is intended for REAR use only! This is stated in owners manual. Engine noise is loud, although inside it is not noticeable. Still car handles great for a "family" sedan. Looked at a VW CC, nice car. It did not have as many options still I bargained for it. The Mazda does not hold its value well as I was offered 10K less than sticker one year ago. I only have 9500 mile. I receive 19.6 MPG and this is with all synthetic oil. The blush may be off the rose but it remain a fun car. W"

mostly happy, but there are some issues

By on Friday, August 9, 2013

"This is my sixth Mazda -- I drive quite a lot and appreciate the value, reliability and driving enjoyment. This 2010 Mazda6 is a great looking car, rides well, and feels solid. I don't regret buying it. However, all my previous Mazdas required very little replacement. The lock on the driver's side shorted out in April, a $600 fix not covered by the warrantee. And now I have a hole in the exhaust system. I drove my 2001 Mazda 626 over 100,000 miles without ever having any exhaust system issues. Granted, that car I bought new and this one was a certified pre-owned, but I am surprised how many times it has been in the shop in the last 6 months."

Best Car I've Ever Owned

By on Monday, July 2, 2012

Pros: "Fast pickup, comfortable interior, no problems"

"I've driven Cadilacs and Oldsmobiles and Buicks all my life; however, when GM wanted to rip me off on a lease return, I test drove and bought a Mazda 6 and loved it so much I just traded my 2010 Mazda 6 (27,000 miles) in on a new 2013 model. I drove a Nissan Altima while my 2010 was in for repairs and left me with the belief the Mazda 6 is a better car. This care is a sleeper and more people should test drive one before they buy anything else."

Nice driving and looking with some unusual quirks

By on Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pros: "Styling, paint, ride, handling"

Cons: "Interior gets too warm, bad dealer/factory service"

"This car is great looking and fun to drive, although the 4cyl could be stronger. That's more our fault for not getting the V6. There are some odd quirks that I've never experienced with a new car, however. The top right corner of the windshield is permanently smudged. It looks like greasy fingerprint smudges but it's actually inside the glass! Our option to fix it? Have a new windshield installed. No thanks. Worst problem is interior heat. We have had an intermittent problem with heat coming from under the instrument panel by the steering column, as if the heater is on. At the same time the ignition key would get very hot. Dealer measured and confirmed high temperature but with no service bulletins on the subject we are out of luck! Also, in slow traffic, the ventilation puts out rather warm air even when set at the coolest setting and during a cool day. So the windows must be lowered. Never had a car with these heat related problems. Two dealers and Mazda customer service have been of no help. In fact the dealer we purchased from closed and the one in our town disgusted us with their poor service department. So we ether go back to them or travel about 40 miles to the next closest dealer. In short, factory service has stunk! The heat problem and lack of service satisfaction would make me hesitant to recommend the car. Yet, compared to the others in it's class that we drove before buying, it was the best."

Great Road Car

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"I travel a lot in my Mazda6 and it is a great road car with good pickup and comfort with the 4 cyl engine. It would be nice to have the 6, but the mileage trumps on ramps. This is my second Mazda 6, and the 2006 was just as good as this one. Best buy for the money, and built in the USA by the UAW."

mostly i like this car

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

"overall i really like this car but there are some issues that have become a concern.when i get in or out of the car i hear creeking,sound like an old rusty spring.i 0nly weigh 185pnds.also the belt squeals & chirps all the time.i was told the creeking was exhaust expansion& the noise from the belt was normal,moisture on the belt.strangely,the belt makes noise all the time even though the wheather has been extremely dry.these noises are very annoying,the car was purchased new!"

I've been asked, Why Mazda 6? Answer: NO SURPRISES

By on Friday, July 13, 2012

Pros: "Good value..Good quality..Fun to drive"

Cons: "There are a few. Does not detract from driving exp"

"This is my forth Mazda 6. Why? No surprises. Nothing has broken on any of them. I've owned an '03,'07,'11 and now a 2013. All previous models were the 4cyl. Not bad with two adults and light load but with more of a load it's tad bit underpowered. I went the whole route on this one. S sedan Grand Touring. Base is 29,570 and with Tech pkg and pearl wht paint 32,350.{i recommend the teck pkg} With discount at dealer, 27,500. A real value. You can read all the reviews that you want but if you drive it you will understand why I now am on my forth one. Happy motoring! Or as Mazda puts it,ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM."

LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Friday, September 21, 2012

Pros: "great price, very comfortable, roomy cabin"

Cons: "a little sluggish accelerating from a stop"

"I love this car. It's my first new car and I've never been so happy driving! It's so comfortable and I love the interior. I had wanted a V6 but actually I have had no complaints about the 4-banger. I am pleasantly surprised!"

Great value, lots of space for a 6 Footer

By on Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pros: "head/leg room, great performance, realiable, seats"

Cons: "No automatic locking feature, rattling window,"

After the car wash :)

"Let me just start by saying I've owned my Mazda6 for 5 months now and I enjoy getting behind the wheel just as much as I did the day i first got it. My previous car was a 2000 Ford Taurus which overall was a decent car but began to become a money pit so it was time for something new. I'm am 23, 6'5', male 300lb (think line-backer build) and leg and head room was at the top of my list. I also knew I wanted a mid-size sporty car with good performance, fuel economy wasn't a major concern but I didn't want a gas guzzler either. I'm very picky and researched cars for a month and a half. I literally test drove every mid-size car with low miles from all the car makers. The max amount that I was willing to finance after my trade in and down payment was $16000. My short list came down to a used Mazda6 or brand new Chrysler 200. The 200 had originally won out, but it was still a bit too new and I couldn't get the price down low enough to fit into my limit. So ended up buying a 2009 Ebony Black Certified Pre-Owned M6 with only 16555 miles for $14,995 (bought in December to take advantage of year end deals). Great value. Overall this is a great car that blends style, performance, and fuel economy very well. After driving this car for 5 months now I can honestly say it is a pure dream. I understand what Mazda Zoom-Zoom means now. It has great leg and headroom for a mid-size. This was the main reason most cars got eliminated on my list. I have the I-4 engine which is more than adequate for a daily driver. This car comes alive on the freeway :) The only cons I have about this car is that it does not have automatic locking when the vehicle begins to move. My Taurus had that and so many others cars do to so it seems weird that Mazda didn't install this feature. These days it is dangerous driving around with unlocked door(s). My second issue is a rattling drivers door window which I've spoken to the dealer about, it's not covered by warranty but will be a simple repair under $150 (certainly not the end of the world). There is also a design flaw in which hot air from the engine bay can be sucked into the cabin vents and blow hot air in the cabin even when the system is off and its a cool breezy day where AC is not wanted. After checking online forums, the solution is basically blocking this "hole" using tape or foam. I used 3m double sided tape and it took about 15 mins but it was very simple fix and does not look "tacky". (This issue could have been addressed now with newer 2011 model years) If you are on the fence, go with the 6, its a great car thats not a cookie-cutter and stands out from the pack. Certainly not perfect but all cars have quirks."

After the car wash :)

Great Value, comfortable, reliable, handles well

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "Great price for what you get!"

"I've gone on a 17 hour road trip with this car, drove through blizzards, and driven around Madison (hometown) and love this car. It's huge on the inside, seats 4 people extremely comfortably. Tons of extra space. Fun to drive, and has never let me down!"

By on Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"This an updated review. I've owned the Mazda 6 almost a year now and had a few issues. 1) rattle under the dash area when cold weather sets in. 2) A/C compressor failed. 3) Keyless entry fob broke. All issues were taken care of in a timely manner by the dealer. Rattle still persists but can be lived with. The V-6 is a real zoom-zoom performer with 28mpg highway and 20 city. Looks as though this car is a keeper."

Love, Love, LOVE this car!

By on Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pros: "Great price, good handling, good trunk space"

"I traded in my 2011 Kia Forte for my 2012 Mazda 6 and six months later I still feel like it was the best decision I've ever made. The Mazda has so much more room and is overall a much more comfortable ride. I love how the car handles and I get the same, if not better, gas mileage than I did with my Forte. I cannot say enough good things about this car."

Excellent driving and handling sports sedan

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pros: "Good price, sporty looks and handling, quality"

Cons: "Firmer seating, rear seat cooling/heating"

"Mine is the std. 4 cyl and I'm impressed with the power and acceleration this vehicle has. It's handling is well balanced with good ride. Going on four years ownership I still admire its good looks and design. Fit and finish on mine is very good with no annoying noises inside or out. Changing the OEM Michelins when the time came helped even more in handling and quietness. My only suggestion for improvement is the front seats could use a bit more padding in the lower half. The pwr seats have infinite adjustments but I still have trouble on longer rides without a little added cushioning. Overall a very good quality car built in Flatrock, MI"

I love this car!

By on Thursday, November 12, 2009

"My husband purchased me a 2009 s Sports Sedan Grand Touring as a surprise in Jan. I love it! He has the 2007 Mazda 6, and there are some huge differences in the 2. I was looking to get a preowned BMW 3series, and for what we paid for this car I would have not gotten nearly as many bells and whistles on a BMW. I was looking for a bigger car, but still wanting something sporty (traded in a 2001 Mustang). The blind spot monitoring is AWESOME and a great safety feature. I have not seen too many of these on the road, and that is really surprising to me because its a great car! The V6 opition has great pickup and has gotten me out of some sticky merging situations. This car loves to go fast. Mazda's platform has always been "Heart of a sports car" and this car is no exception to that! I always like how it stands out in it's class. It looks so much different then anything else on the road. Since Jan I have had no problems and my husband as put 42,000 on his 07 and we have had no problems with his car either. Also, the keyless entry and push button start is one of my favorite features. Plus, the key has a standard car key hidden in it in the event the key battery dies, you can still drive and start your car (Nissan's keyless entry key does not have that feature, you have to get a tow.). I would highly recommend this car. Just test drive it and you will be hooked"