2009 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 202 Ratings for the 2009 - 2013 models.

Good for the Price

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

"This is a good car for the price. The exterior is stylish and masculine. The handling is brilliant. Fuel consumption is impressive, and is fast on the highway once cranked up to speed. Now for the cons: The 4-cylinder model takes a while to crank up, but that's okay for general driving. The only real deficiency in the vehicle is the flimsy feel of the interior. Had Mazda spent a little more on the interior, this would be an excellent car for it's price range. While the interior quality is disappointing, it is still a good car for the price. It could have been an excellent vehicle for the price, but I still recommend it."

Love It. Stylish,Fun to drive . Great Handling

By on Monday, September 12, 2011

Pros: "Handling fun to drive price, and value"

Cons: "noine right now"

"Own the car for year and a half. No problems. Service has been great on it. Really love the way its handles. Mileage could be a little better. 25 city 32 33 highway. That's going the speed limit. All in all love the car. Its a 2010 I Sport."

Hello Mazda...Goodbye Honda

By on Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pros: "Styling, spacious, great stock audio system"

Cons: "Mediocre gas mileage"

"Previously I owned and drove a '98 Honda Accord for 11 yrs and 143,000 and now am the happy owner of a 2010 Mazda6. I'm very pleased with the car overall...my only complaint is the mediocre gas mileage which is about what I was getting with my 6 cyl Honda. That said, the value and quality you get for your money more than outweighs the shortcoming of gas usage. Comfortable ride and spacious cabin are a plus when having to travel with a full load (myself and 4 adult passengers. Take a test drive before you look at Toyota and Honda which have had their share of recalls and quality issues these last few years. Highly recommend this auto to those looking for a sporty everyday, everyman automobile."

Decent car

By on Monday, April 18, 2011

"This is my 3rd reveiw on this vehicle. I now have 15,000 miles on this 09' V-6 Zoom-Zoom Sedan. Mileage is poor in the Wisconsin winter but improves as the weather warms up. I recently switched to Full-Synthetic oil and hope for a little better mileage now. Car is still solid, very little road noise and runs/performs well."

Zooming for life!

By on Sunday, April 3, 2011

"After 5000 miles, I have no complains about my Mazda 6, ITP - V4, ebony black and black interior. So far, I can say that the Mazda 6 is a great car for its value. It's slick and sporty design stands out from the rest of of the pack. Handles really well and actually zooms as needed. It is not a racing car but a zooming sporty everyday sedan. I added HID lights (inside/outside), tinted windows, silver bumper protector, mud flaps, silver door handles and pillar posts. I get nothing but compliments about it. Pros: Blind spot monitoring. (The key to my buying decision). Interior design and colors. Excellent handling. Fabulous look. Stylish and impressive. Stands out. Cons: Better MPG. (I know its about my driving style) More speakers in the rear. Leather seats for the ITP trim. Mirror turn signals. Xenon headlights option for the ITP."

By on Saturday, January 22, 2011

"Great Car, I have had not problems besides a squeaky door lock. I have had it for about a yr. It runs great, pretty quick, great handling. It has good traction in the winter snows of nebraska. I use to drive an awd suv and it is about the same!!! I love it styling, mines comet gray. Get the touring or touring plus models best value for the money. Enjoying your mazda is fun!!! I rev it a lot and it just zoom-zooms away. It is a great family car. It was given the title as best handling of the whole midsize class. It is fun to drive!!! The Mazda 3 is even better!!!"

Accord killer

By on Sunday, October 10, 2010

"After being a loyal Honda owner for 14 years, the disastrous redesign of the 2010 Accord led me to explore other options. After test driving the 6, I was sold. I've been very pleased with the vehicle's performance, styling, and comfort. It does leave a bit to be desired in fuel economy, but you can't get everything. Highly recommend!"

By on Monday, June 7, 2010

By on Monday, April 5, 2010

"15,000 miles and it sounds like a 1970 pinto. Rattles, squeaks, groans, squeals, not what you want to hear in a new car. If I had it to do over I would pass on this vehicle. Do not let the scrumptious body style seduce you. She is beautiful but turns into a hag quickly. Mechanically so far nothing major but I do not remain optimistic. Performance still remains a positive experience. gas mileage is poor. I do not look forward to long rides any longer. Take a look at the VW CC. Slightly more expensive albeit less options but in general a better car. Too late for me, stuck with it for 3 more years, hope it holds together that long."

water pump

By on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"Bought brand new 09 Mazda, v6, 1.5years, less than 13,000mi... had to replace water pump/drop engine...OBOY.. can't wait to get it back and see what else is wrong with it...."

nice car for the money

By on Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"I have owned the mazda 6 for little over a month now and really like it. Decent highway mpg (26-28) plenty of ZIP from the V-6 at the stoplights and lots of horsepower to pass on two lane roads. Ride is somewhat firm. (yet comfortable) Handling is responsive/quick and the interior/trunk is spacious. The rear fold down 60/40 seats and the arm rest in the back seat is a plus. I drove a simularly equipped Accord and Camry and could not justify spending THOUSANDS more just to say, "Hey, I drive a Honda or Toyota." The Mazda 6 is truly a value priced sedan. If you are a do-it-yourself oil changer you will notice the oil filter is right up front and easy to access and the oil plug is within arms reach without having to elevate the vehicle."

Great Car - Great Value

By on Thursday, September 24, 2009

"Years ago I owned a '91 Mazda MX-6 GT, which I enjoyed & was impressed throughout my ownership. My previous primariy vehicle is an SUV; I wanted a sedan this go round. I researched 5 other popular cars in this class (more & less expensive); I found the styling, performance, features, & realiability of the Madza6 S GT not only to be a great value, but an awesome automoblie to drive & own. The dealer service as well as the after sale service has been great. I highly recommend checking this car out."

I love this car...but I really need an SUV

By on Monday, March 3, 2014

Pros: "The MOST fun car I have ever driven! :)"

Cons: "I forgot that I needed GPS until I got lost! :("

"I feel like this car "found me" at the dealership. The paperwork was ready for me to purchase a new vehicle and at the last minute I asked the salesman if he had any other gently used vehicles that he could show me. When he brought this car out I knew this was the one for me. He said that he usually didn't show a manual transmission vehicle to woman but heck, I love to shift!! Anyway, it was a fluke and I love this car. I get so many compliments on it...especially from the young men at the car wash. That makes a middle-aged woman feel young again. Unfortunately, as much as I love my car I need to think about getting an SUV perhaps a Mazda 7, as I have grandkids and need a bit more room. But in the meantime this car has been a nice ride! Zoom zoom!"

Great car

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, good handling, power"

Cons: "alloy wheels should be std, the steel wheels cheap"

"This time around, when buying a car, I focused on my needs rather than emotions or keeping up with the Jones. The Mazda 6 with the 6 speed manual represents the best compromise between fuel economy, comfort, power, and fun to drive. I added a spoiler, 17" alloy wheels with Bridgestone Turanza Serenity tires, body side mouldings, and fog lights. The car now has everything I want and nothing I don't want. Mazda is the unsung hero of the Japanese imports."

Fun to Drive

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Great Price and fun to drive. Lot of trunk space."

Cons: "Average fuel economy"

"This car has amazing pickup and is a lot of fun to drive."

Love it

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "great price, great features"

Cons: "no sirius radio"

"I love my car. It has great gas mileage and goo get up and go power."

My 2nd Mazda. Love the way it drives!

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cons: "Interior quality could be a little better"

"Drives great, good gas milage, and looks Sharp!"

Best vehicle ever!

By on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Pros: "smooth, cozy, very great body style, reliable"

Cons: "pricey, mediocre gas mileage, expensive to fix"

"Bought this car on an impulse buy. Test drove it and had to have it! I love this car its design is nice it drives smooth and is very reliable. The sun roof is great too! Goes through snow great and i love everything about it! only thing is i hit a deer right after i bought it and it was very expensive to fix. Thats the only downfall, but i don't plan on selling it so it was worth the price! Definitely recommend this!"

Very Nice Car

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Not a cheap, bare-bones car"

Cons: "small selection of manual tranny models to pick"

"It's hard to find a medium-priced sedan that is fun to drive, and I like to drive. This includes driving a manual transmission. I had to search hard to find this Mazda6 that has the features I want, and also a manual tranny. Cudos to Mazda for building this type of car! Keep it up!"

This is a great car

By on Monday, February 13, 2012

"tons of bells and whistles and with a 6 speed transmission this is a fun car to drive."

Best choice I could have made!!!

By on Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pros: "Great drive, looks, sound (bose) and all around."

Cons: "No rear AC vents, gas mileage isn't greatest."

"Had the car for over 3 years now, haven't had any issues other than the couple of recalls."

good car no more to say

By on Friday, February 3, 2012

Pros: "great gas mileage"

Cons: "wish i had went with the automatic tranmission"

"love it!!!!!!"

Awesome Car Great looks and super color

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun and sporty car European style love it"

Cons: "Orange dash color, confusing MPG calculator"

Blue

"I love this car. Got my 2012 in early december and really love it. Drives sound minimal cabin noise very comfortable driving. Very quick pick up and fast. I never drove a mazada other than the rx-8 which i did not like. I wanted this car after I drove it. Not a big fan of the orange color display lights however i do like the blue glow on the dash. The MPG calculator on the dash is not user friendly. Love the blue tooth controls which includes bluetooth controls on steering wheel. Best car I have ever owned. I have the darker blue mica which is not listed here and I love the color."

Blue

Like driving a Lexus without the Lexus price.

By on Monday, December 26, 2011

Pros: "Aesthetically the most appealing car on the road."

Cons: "Obscure compromises on quality."

"Well appointed interior with more gadgets than I have the time to use. Excellent ride comfort and noise control. Keyfob system means never having to find your keys in the dark. Just grab the door handle, it beeps, and you can get in. Step on the brake, push the start button and you're on your way. Exterior styling is second to none. You get the appearance of an exotic import in a car that's built in Michigan. Navigation system adds $2,000 to the sticker, but if you can spend 30,000, why not make it 32,000? Love being able to find my way anywhere. Fit and finish are not the most precise. Upon very close examination, the hood is slightly off center. Interior rattles are minimal after 2 years. What is that sound in the trunk? Still can't figure it out. Don't expect miracles on fuel economy with the 3.7L 24 valve V6. I wanted power and I got it, but that eats up fuel. Great sports car feel and performance in a vehicle that provides ample space and comfort on long family trips."

Love my Mazda6

By on Friday, November 4, 2011

Pros: "Quality, Sporty look and feel, fun to drive"

Cons: "Cannot think of any cons"

"I looked around at several competitors of the Mazda 6, test driving and getting a sense of what the other manufacturers had to offer. I decided on the Mazda6 for several reasons - sporty look and feel, both interior and exterior were high in quality, gas mileage, and overall value. It is incredible to drive; corners great. I love driving this car!"