2006 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 961 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

rented it, had to buy it!

By on Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"After a car accident put me in the market for a new (to me!) car, I went to the rental agency and ended up riding out in a 2007 mazda6. After driving it for two days I began shopping for my own. I ended up with a 2004 with the sport package and have zero regrets. When I looked to buy one used I found almost none for sale in my area. There are certainly plenty on the road so this tells you that no owner will part with theirs. My boyfriend loves it so much he keeps urging me to get a second car so he can borrow it more. My only complaints are that the strereo went bad when the car was 5 years old. Also, the leather seats are slightly less roomy than the cloth ones in the 2007 were. Maybe this is a change between years or maybe its due to the interior. It was worth the loss of space for the heated seats. I can't imagine ever parting with this car. I get lots of compliments from passengers and colleagues. Everyone thinks I must have gotten a raise b/c of the hot new luxury car I am driving. Little do they know it is cheaper than a base model compact from most other automakers."

By on Monday, March 15, 2010

"I have a 2007 mazda6 sport and I love it. It gets awesome gas milage which is great because I travel back and forth to school everyday. It is a really comfortable ride very smooth and stylish. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for something dependable and stylish without breaking the bank. What can I say it's a great car and you can't beat the price!!!"

By on Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"i have owned for 6 years very reliable and practical with great handling, power, and fun to drive. great sproty styling as well"

2005 mazda 6-s Hatchback

By on Saturday, November 7, 2009

"Purchased this car for my wife as a birthday present. It was a great deal and has tons of included options-we do not have leather or nav but everything else. The ride is exceptional-braking is great, the stereo sounds terrific, the room in the back of the car when the seats are down is outstanding-58.7 cubic feet. The hatch back allows you to have the comfort and gas mileage of a mid-sized sedan, without having to get into an SUV. Very disappointed that Mazda did not continue a hatchback in their current 6 production series. The car has been very reliable-things that I don't like and they are minor-I don't like the dial controls-too confusing for heat and cooling, and fan. The back seats in this vehicle are not as comfortable as the 626 predecessor-because the hatch seats fold down flat, so passengers even though there is decent room in the back do not have as luxurious seating in the model previous. The stock tires, michellin are nice for the summer-but put snows on for safety and overall performance in the winter-the car handles great with them in the snow. Routine maintenance-oil changes every 5K, rotors at 43K-one interesting issue- we had a leak from the seam inside the engine compartment-efforts to have addressed revealed were it was coming in from, then we took it to the dealer, and they fixed it for a nominal cost. The mazda product is affordable and reliable-I think they are one of the best cars out there for the price, I have had three of them and all of them were great cars."

Great reliable fun sporty sedan

By on Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, sporty, reliable, good value."

Cons: "6 cylinder V6 has cooling issues on rear side."

"This car has been very reliable over the 13 years I have owned it. The only engineering flaw I found is that the engine is mounted transversely in a small engine compartment and rear spark plugs are not easily servicable. The heat on the rear side of the engine has caused a few of the coils on the spark plugs to fail causing a reduction in power. Fortunately, 5 cylinders still would work and get you through to the repair shop, but the repair is costly since they need to remove the valve covers to get to the rear facing spark plugs (and rear facing coils). Overall though, the transmission (manual) and clutch has been flawless. The electrics have only had minor issues (cooling fan heat sensor issue). The suspension has had no issues in 13 yrs. Tires last from 30 to 45000 miles depending on rubber softness you like. There is some road noise but it isn't too objectionable. On the pro side, the car handles very well and predictably with great cornering ability and little body roll. I've replaced the front brake pads only once and the rear pads are original (pretty long lasting). I would highly recommend Mazda as they seem to make quality durable vehicles. This is my second Mazda and my family owns three at this point. I am probably going to buy a new Mazda since this one has been pretty good."