2006 Mazda MAZDA6

Based on 961 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

love it!

By on Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"This is a great car, have had it for 7 yrs w/o any problems and would get another if we didn't have kids and want a bigger car. The trunk is huge and it real nice. The back seats are big w/plenty of leg room as well as the front seats."

Love My Mazda 6

By on Monday, March 10, 2008

"I bought my NEW 2004 Mazda 6S the last week of Jan 2005. I got a great deal on it since it was a previous model year still on the lot. Paid ~$5700 below sticker. Overall, I really love this car, but I'll start with the cons just to lay them out. Cons: I have the 3.0L V6. It's more sluggish than I'd expect from a 6-cyl. The low end torque just isn't there. The gear ratios for 4th and 5th aren't where I'd like them either. I usually skip 4th because it's not much use. 5th should bring the RPMs down farther at highway speeds... cranking >3500 at 60mph. Pros: The 5-speed is really fun to drive. Like most Mazdas, the engine really likes higher RPM's. Great pickup with RPM's 2500+. Tight steering and nice engine tone really make the car feel like it has more under the hood than it really does. The Bose stereo is decent. Leather seats are really comfortable. The car has been really solid. No problems to speak of aside from a squeak in the clutch & brake pedal that was fixed under warranty (degraded brake fluid TSB). The engine compartment is laid out well so it's fairly easy to maintain. My Mazda6 is silver with tinted windows and sports package w/spoiler. Looks great. If you want a reasonably-priced, fun-to-drive, anti-Accord sedan with Zoom-Zoom and room for the family too, this is the car for you."

Reliable, great mil., fun, great sounds, excel.

By on Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Pros: "Super cool to drive, 30-35 mi to gal.,"

Cons: "needs sun shield windows"

"I love this car, it's fast, comfortable, really cool to drive, and the sounds are great...a 6 cd player that I've never experienced before. The engine purrs, and I've gotten it up to 85mph with no problems. But I'm a follow the speed limits kind of gal. Never had such a reliable car."

Great reliable fun sporty sedan

By on Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, sporty, reliable, good value."

Cons: "6 cylinder V6 has cooling issues on rear side."

"This car has been very reliable over the 13 years I have owned it. The only engineering flaw I found is that the engine is mounted transversely in a small engine compartment and rear spark plugs are not easily servicable. The heat on the rear side of the engine has caused a few of the coils on the spark plugs to fail causing a reduction in power. Fortunately, 5 cylinders still would work and get you through to the repair shop, but the repair is costly since they need to remove the valve covers to get to the rear facing spark plugs (and rear facing coils). Overall though, the transmission (manual) and clutch has been flawless. The electrics have only had minor issues (cooling fan heat sensor issue). The suspension has had no issues in 13 yrs. Tires last from 30 to 45000 miles depending on rubber softness you like. There is some road noise but it isn't too objectionable. On the pro side, the car handles very well and predictably with great cornering ability and little body roll. I've replaced the front brake pads only once and the rear pads are original (pretty long lasting). I would highly recommend Mazda as they seem to make quality durable vehicles. This is my second Mazda and my family owns three at this point. I am probably going to buy a new Mazda since this one has been pretty good."

Best car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pros: "Good gas milage and very reliable"

Cons: "Could use a little more room in the back seat"

"This was my first "New" car got it with 12k on it in 2007, It has taken me to Texas several times as well as several trips to New Mexico never a single issue and decent on gas! Never thought I would fit in a mid size car as I am 6 foot 7 but it is very comfortable, it is at 78k miles now and I have yet to do ANY major repairs save for a small factory recall. Resale is good!"