2013 Mazda MAZDA5

8.0

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Car does not perform well in snow or at night.

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "nice to drive in daylight on major highways"

Cons: "Only one electrical port in front cabin."

"Positive reviews: The Mazda 5 grand touring offers a lot of standard features and has plenty of power.The engine and transmission is smooth and the ability to shift it like a manual transmission is very useful if you have to descend a lot of hills. Very comfortable to drive on long trip. Negatives:Low beam headlights are terrible on country roads.You can't see 30-40 yards in front on a undulating road.The car is terrible in snow.The traction control kicks in on a hill and slow the car down to the point where you have to turn around and go back,turn the traction control off and hope you can make it. Don't buy it if you live in the country where it snows."

Great vehicle for a family of four

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Flexible seating, fun to drive, handles great"

Cons: "5 speed tranny, no power seat options,"

"I have owned my car for almost 3 years now and it has 82,500 miles. As a daily driver in mixed traffic situations I average between 23.5-25mpg. On a recent trip to Detroit mostly highway miles I averaged just over 30mpg @65mph. The car has plenty of storage and cubbies and my over 6 foot kids love to ride in the second row with the bucket seats and plenty of leg room. What drew me to the car was the value, interior flexibility between passengers and cargo and the size of the vehicle. The car is great to drive aggressively in curves and has plenty of pep to get your blood flowing if that is what you like to do. The interior cleans easily and getting into and out of the vehicle is easy with the dual sliding doors. The cons to this vehicle are the lack of power seats, front leg room, no power outlets for the second row and the 5 speed automatic transmission, an extra cog would improve gas mileage I believe."

Great car for $20k

By on Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive AND practical (who knew?)"

Cons: "Air conditioner not big enough for Texas"

"The only downside of the car is the A/C. Even with windows tinted as dark as the law allows, it takes a long time to cool down in Texas summers. Our 20' long Suburban easily cools in 1/3 of the time. That's a big let-down and I'll be hunting for some sort of band-aid to remedy it. Wifey spends her time tooling about the 'burbs with 4-yr old, 2-yr old, and 3-mo old kids. She was driving the Suburban (I'm in that now) and loves the Mazda's ease of parking, maneuvering, and ingress/egress for the kids. No worries of them falling on their heads from 4' up in the air like the Suburban. Two kids ride in the middle row with oldest in back. Half of rear seat is folded down for stroller. Groceries fit on the floor. It's no road machine for 5 w/ luggage, but that's why we have a Suburban. Around town, we only use the Mazda 5. And as a truck guy, I'll admit publicly it ACTUALLY IS FUN TO DRIVE."

unique vehicle. nothing else on road like it

By on Thursday, February 11, 2016

Pros: "handles like sport car, fuel efficient"

Cons: "Little too much road noise"

"great for hauling kids-easy access"

Love It!!!

By on Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable and smooth driving"

Cons: "gas mileage..air does not blow out well"

"Very comfortable,drives awesome. The gas mileage is not great I get about 22mpg and the air does not blow out very good. overall I would recommend it to anybody!"