2012 Mazda MAZDA5

8.0

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

I lov this car is my liltle baby

By on Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pros: "Great price cheap one"

Cons: "I lov because have cup holder in everything seat"

"Hi i have 4 kids ages4,6,13,14 this car is perfect for my family the space is increible im 6.2 tall im fit good all my girl are tall and the space is perfect when we going to the trip i buy the rack for the roof and put everything on top of my car i lov my car is dynamic look like racing car i put all my windows black make a diferent on this car"

Great family car

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

"I have three kids and we bought this car brand new around Thanksgiving last year. After driving it seven months, it has definitely grown on me. At first glance, when we were looking to buy my instinct was that it was way too small. I think it's that full-size minivan mentality I had, which meant that anything smaller wasn't going to work, but I have been shown wrong! My husband felt that the price was right and it seats everybody. I have my six-year-old in the third row in a backless booster (Harmony brand), my six-month-old daughter in the second row, rear facing in a Graco SnugRide, behind the driver. And my three-year-old rides front facing in the second row in his enormous, heavy Graco Nautilus car seat. The second row seats slide easily forwards and backwards to allow for room for my six year old to climb in the back. He can also operate the sliding doors by himself as well as climb in through the hatch and buckle himself in. We haven't taken it on a long road trip yet, but when we do, we are planning to get a roof rack. Our family of five goes grocery shopping together and we find plenty of room between seats and on the floor, as well as when half of the third row is down, to stuff grocery bags. Furthermore, a double stroller can fit behind the third row. I was skeptical and it does take a little ingenuity and perfect positioning, but I can get my Joovy Caboose Sit-and-Stand behind third row with both seats up. I do have to take the sunshade off but it works. So, pretty cool, huh? This car has been an affordable, great fit for our family and as our kids age out of car seats, it will work even better and be even more flexible. ONe more thing: I have used the back half of the third row folded down as a place to change my infant daughter but I've also used the second row captain's chair folded down as a changing "bench", too. Like I said, this car has surprised me with its flexibility. To be honest, I do sometimes wish I had more room behind that third row but after eight months of ownership I have yet to be in a situation where it absolutely didn't work. I have always been able to make the people/cargo calculus work out. Best wishes on your car shopping for your family."

A sports wagon in a minivan costume.

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "Handling, room, MPG, willing engine, great value"

Cons: "Options list a bit sparse, 3rd row seat is tight."

"This car is Mazda's best kept secret. I planned to buy a Mazda CX-5 until I drove the Mazda 5. It handles like my Audi wagon did and is just as easy to park, yet it's got room for 6 people or 97 cubic feet of cargo--that's full size SUV territory! I'm averaging 29 mpg and it's not even broken in yet. Oh, and you can easily buy one for well under $20k out the door. What's not to like? Sure it's not the sexiest car on the road, but if you can get past that superficial nonsense, you will quickly realize this is an astoundingly useful car at great price that is genuinely FUN to drive. I even got mine with slick-shifting 6 speed manual (don't worry, there's a fun "sport shift manual for you ninnies that can't handle a clutch) Listen, I'm a single guy and an avid driver, I don't have a baby-on-board sign and I love this car, that should tell you something. Don't punish yourself with an SUV or crossover with numb steering and a mashed potato suspension just because you need a roomy vehicle. If you're looking at SUV's because you need the room, but you don't NEED 4 wheel drive or off-road ability, do yourself a favor and take a serious look at the Mazda 5. Go for a test drive while you still can because Mazda is sadly discontinuing this model. A vigorous test drive of this car on a windy road WILL make you a believer in the Zoom-Zoom. You can chuck it into corners with near reckless abandon and it carves through them like a scalpel. You can take it down a 30 mph highway exit ramp at 55 mph with total confidence, no exaggeration. If you can find a car that does as many things as well as this one does for under $30-40K, then buy it. I promise you if you enjoy driving at all and you need a roomy car, you will NOT find a better value than this, period."

Practical Family In town Car

By on Friday, September 16, 2016

Pros: "Price, practical in town,"

Cons: "Road noise at speed,"

"We have owned this car (Touring model) for 4 years and do about 20000 miles a year shuttling kids about town. (We also own an Odyssey but use the Mazda car for short town trips) This is a practical car for that purpose as it accommodates 4 easily and in a pinch you can take on extra kids when needed for short tips as it will seat six. But as stated by everyone six is cramped, but most importantly you have the option when needed if you are transporting kids to and from activities. Most times we have the back seats down to get the extra cargo room. The sliding back doors are a plus. We have also taken the car on cross country trips with two people and it has room for your gear. On long trips (Interstate) driving is a pleasure and comfortable although car does have road noise (remember you only paid $20000). Bad in snow but that seems to be the tires. Bought a set of Goodyear triple tread mud and snow tires after originals wore out and that made it a good snow car. As indicated elsewhere car interior is plastic and cheap but reasonable for the price. Also is a good car for teenager to learn how to drive as handles well. No major maintenance issues thus far and we are nearing 100000."

Best vehicle I ever owned!

By on Thursday, July 5, 2012

"I have always owned American cars but Consumer Reports Magazine highly rated the Mazda 5 so I test drove it. I fell in love with it instantly! It does not disappoint! Smooth ride, comfortable, lots of room, and good gas mileage for its class of car!"

Good gas mileage (25.3 mpg) wind noise problem

By on Friday, November 1, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Wind noise"

"Ruined 2 tires at 23000 miles account front end was not in alignment when purchased new even thou I rotated tire every 7500 miles. Mazda dealership informed me warranty would not cover new tires or alignment; was done on my dime. Dealership informed me I should have rotated every 5000 miles even thou owner's manual states every 7500 miles. Serious wind noise at highway speeds. Serious lack of power when 6 adults are on board."

FUN SPORTY MINIVAN FOR SMALL FAMILY!

By on Friday, April 1, 2011

"I did much research this new 5 and critics across board praise it!the the touring is best choice @ 21k u get upgraded alloys better grille rr spoiler and side skirts and leather wheel and shift knob..all power is standard!Mazda design is not for all but we are impressed.its the perfect small family hauler that looks great &is fun to drive and suits all our needs w/great gas milage (28mpg),the 157 hp 4 cyl provides plenty of power and is smooth and quiet along with its fluid shifting 5spd auto,wind& road noise is at a low and ride is very smooth despite the low prof 17's,we took on long trip and it did great on highway while providing plenty of comfort..the seats r soft w/good lumbar support and its controls are laid out well and materials are of good quality,storage rooms great with 3rd row down and theres plenty of little stow away area's,they dont really advertise this car and really dont have to,its a winner and a solid choice for for young family"

Great driving in this Grand Touring model.

By on Sunday, November 27, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, a good hauler of people and things."

Cons: "Road noise, not a champion of economy."

"I've owned this car almost a year and a half and have driven it under all conditions from urban traffic to turnpike cruising. It's quick from a stop light due to its low 1st-gear and high low-speed torque, and cruises easily at 75 to 80 mph, only 2000 rpm at 60 mph. Tight, quick steering, with a sporty chassis that gives you a lot of confidence on curves. Gives you a distinctly sporty road feel -- no floating over the bumps. Road noise is a bit high, but doesn't keep you from enjoying music from its good CD/AM/FM/SiriusXM audio system. Leather upholstery is comfortable and gives good support. Six feet of cargo space with back 4 seats folded down, and about four feet square with 2 seats folded down. Excellent value for the price, fun and practical."

MAZDA5 GT - GREAT FAMILY FRIENDLY HAULER!!!

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "FUNE TO DRIVE, SEATS 6, SLIDING DOORS, SAFE"

Cons: "NONE SO FAR"

"I have owned the Mazda5 Grand Touring for 10 months and it has grown on me. I have 3 kids and it is great for hauling a family of 5 around town. The sliding doors make it very easy to get the kids in and out, the gas mileage suits my budget and the zoom-zoom driving appeal keeps the Mazda5 from being anything but boring. The leather heated seats, rain sensing wipers and moonroof give me the same sporty options found on a more expensive vehicle at an even greater value. This Mazda is an overall winner and a very functional multi-purpose vehicle. I have not experienced any problems whatsoever and highly recommend the Mazda to those budget minded families, like mine, that need a larger vehicle without the large price tag."

A sporty mini minivan w/Zoom-Zoom!

By on Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"i did so much research on the perfect family hauler without breaking the bank&also not looking like i 'gave up'&was so happy to find the new 5!it has everything i was looking for to transport my family of 4,the body lines of this car look great from ALL angles,we chose the upgraded 'touring model which adds fogs,spoiler side skirts 17' rims nicer grill &leather wheel,power is surprisingly good w/ smooth tranny & good mpg!turning radius is great!almost like a compact car u can make a u turn anywhere& park with ease!the seats are really comfy w/good back support and captains chairs up front and 2nd row,so its a 2 plus 2 plus 2 in rd row which pops up& down really easy!the dual slide doors are light and easy to use for wifey w kiddies!pass/cargo room is also more then adequate,this mpv is a hot seller in Europe and only car in its class that got rave reviews..much better ad easier then suv w 3rd row,i highly recommend,u won't be disapointed!we love our 2012 5!"