2012 Mazda MAZDA5

8.0

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

Good gas mileage (25.3 mpg) wind noise problem

By on Friday, November 1, 2013

Pros: "Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Wind noise"

"Ruined 2 tires at 23000 miles account front end was not in alignment when purchased new even thou I rotated tire every 7500 miles. Mazda dealership informed me warranty would not cover new tires or alignment; was done on my dime. Dealership informed me I should have rotated every 5000 miles even thou owner's manual states every 7500 miles. Serious wind noise at highway speeds. Serious lack of power when 6 adults are on board."

FUN SPORTY MINIVAN FOR SMALL FAMILY!

By on Friday, April 1, 2011

"I did much research this new 5 and critics across board praise it!the the touring is best choice @ 21k u get upgraded alloys better grille rr spoiler and side skirts and leather wheel and shift knob..all power is standard!Mazda design is not for all but we are impressed.its the perfect small family hauler that looks great &is fun to drive and suits all our needs w/great gas milage (28mpg),the 157 hp 4 cyl provides plenty of power and is smooth and quiet along with its fluid shifting 5spd auto,wind& road noise is at a low and ride is very smooth despite the low prof 17's,we took on long trip and it did great on highway while providing plenty of comfort..the seats r soft w/good lumbar support and its controls are laid out well and materials are of good quality,storage rooms great with 3rd row down and theres plenty of little stow away area's,they dont really advertise this car and really dont have to,its a winner and a solid choice for for young family"

Great driving in this Grand Touring model.

By on Sunday, November 27, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive, a good hauler of people and things."

Cons: "Road noise, not a champion of economy."

"I've owned this car almost a year and a half and have driven it under all conditions from urban traffic to turnpike cruising. It's quick from a stop light due to its low 1st-gear and high low-speed torque, and cruises easily at 75 to 80 mph, only 2000 rpm at 60 mph. Tight, quick steering, with a sporty chassis that gives you a lot of confidence on curves. Gives you a distinctly sporty road feel -- no floating over the bumps. Road noise is a bit high, but doesn't keep you from enjoying music from its good CD/AM/FM/SiriusXM audio system. Leather upholstery is comfortable and gives good support. Six feet of cargo space with back 4 seats folded down, and about four feet square with 2 seats folded down. Excellent value for the price, fun and practical."

MAZDA5 GT - GREAT FAMILY FRIENDLY HAULER!!!

By on Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Pros: "FUNE TO DRIVE, SEATS 6, SLIDING DOORS, SAFE"

Cons: "NONE SO FAR"

"I have owned the Mazda5 Grand Touring for 10 months and it has grown on me. I have 3 kids and it is great for hauling a family of 5 around town. The sliding doors make it very easy to get the kids in and out, the gas mileage suits my budget and the zoom-zoom driving appeal keeps the Mazda5 from being anything but boring. The leather heated seats, rain sensing wipers and moonroof give me the same sporty options found on a more expensive vehicle at an even greater value. This Mazda is an overall winner and a very functional multi-purpose vehicle. I have not experienced any problems whatsoever and highly recommend the Mazda to those budget minded families, like mine, that need a larger vehicle without the large price tag."

A sporty mini minivan w/Zoom-Zoom!

By on Wednesday, March 2, 2011

"i did so much research on the perfect family hauler without breaking the bank&also not looking like i 'gave up'&was so happy to find the new 5!it has everything i was looking for to transport my family of 4,the body lines of this car look great from ALL angles,we chose the upgraded 'touring model which adds fogs,spoiler side skirts 17' rims nicer grill &leather wheel,power is surprisingly good w/ smooth tranny & good mpg!turning radius is great!almost like a compact car u can make a u turn anywhere& park with ease!the seats are really comfy w/good back support and captains chairs up front and 2nd row,so its a 2 plus 2 plus 2 in rd row which pops up& down really easy!the dual slide doors are light and easy to use for wifey w kiddies!pass/cargo room is also more then adequate,this mpv is a hot seller in Europe and only car in its class that got rave reviews..much better ad easier then suv w 3rd row,i highly recommend,u won't be disapointed!we love our 2012 5!"