2010 Mazda MAZDA5 Consumer Reviews

Meets all the needs!

By on Thursday, January 3, 2008

"We purchased this car a while back and have been very pleased with the gas mileage as well as the sportiness and handling. We have traveled long distances and around town and everything is great about the M5. We think it is the best kept secret of mini(micro-mini) vans. MPG city is about 20, on hwy we have gotten 30 with the car loaded down, but regularly about 28. Fits our large fam, and saves on gas! What else could you want in a daily ride??"

The Swiss Army Knife of Vans!

By on Thursday, November 1, 2007

"My wife bought a used 2006 Mazda5 Sport Automatic...and we LOVE it!. This van is truly "mini" and really fun to drive. It handles like a sporty car and has a really tight turning radius which makes it very easy to park. You don't get that floating feeling you get when driving a larger minivan like an MPV or Honda Odyssey. While the rear 2 rows of seats cannot be removed, they flip down real easily. It's also very easy to get in and out of. The seat height is such that you just plop down in the seat - no big step up like on some larger vans. The van we bought had an aftermarket DVD system installed, which the kids really enjoy. The factory AM/FM multi-CD player sounds very, very good. The integrated radio controls on the steering wheel (along with cruise control) is a nice touch. Hats off to Mazda for creating what I think is one of the most practical, good looking, fun to drive minivans out there. The only thing you give up VS a larger minivan is seating for one more person (the Mazda5 seats 6) and space behind the rear seat. I bought the optional roof rack and a hard shell luggage roof carrier and plan to use them for longer trips. Overall, I couldn't be happier. I have read reviews about it being under powered, but I have found it to be plenty quick enough for me. I haven't paid much attention to fuel economy, but I figure it has to be better than the larger vans since it has only a 4 cylinder engine. If you are hesitant to buy a minvan like I was, choose the Mazda5. It really is a joy to own and drive! The only mechanical issue we've had so far was a knocking sound from the front end. The front stabilizer bushing were replaced by the dealer for free as there was a tech bulletin out on this, which is why I only gave 4 starts for reliability. Overall - I highly recommend this van! ZOOM ZOOM!!!"

Great Car for a familiy

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "Great Car, lots of space, great for all ages"

Cons: "no rear AC, only one arm rest n front, small tires"

"Perfect family car but also practical for the college student! I had this car in college and thru my first family. Works great for traveling, lots of room. The storage spaces under the seat is great during shopping season. Only bad thing... Tires couldn't handle my driving. I needed something with bigger/thicker tires. The Mazda5 has sporty tires that can't handle bumps and bruises all too well... Overall it is a great car! Would recommend this car to all ages, all sizes!"

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo...

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted