2010 Mazda MAZDA5

7.9

Based on 262 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Most reliable

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pros: "It's been rated senior friendly for several years."

Cons: "None that I've found so far."

"This is the 2nd Mazda I've owned and have found in both cases that it's also the car I've owned for the longest period of time. The first an 1985 Mazda 626 (now called a 6) had no breakdown until it's 10th year and I kept it for nearly 14 years and only experienced one malfunction. My 2007 Mazda 5 same thing. I bought it new in Oct 2007 so it's approaching its' 9th year this coming Oct and no breakdowns, just regular maintenance."

A great family vehicle!

By on Tuesday, June 21, 2016

"I had a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS SW, and for a time it was good. It started needing more work than I had time for, though, so I found a great deal on a 2007 Mazda 5 Sport (only paid ~$3,500 incl./tax). I bought it as-is, so I was expecting to have to put some money into it, but so far it's been great. Gas mileage, from what I can tell, is as good, if not better than, the Jetta. There is much better headroom in the car, as well as plenty of seats for a family of six. As mentioned, cargo space can be pretty limited with the 3rd row seating up, but if you fold in down there's plenty of cargo space. The only issues I have with it at the moment aren't really the car's fault, it's only because I don't have the extra money at this current point in time to put into it, but it drives fine, anyway. Pretty sure it's just the tires that need to be rotated and balanced as I've already had the alignment checked and that's good."

Right For The Times

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"I have 30 months and over 100,000 miles in my 2006 Mazda5. I average 29mpg in decidedly heavy interstate driving but 27-28mpg average on the weekends chasing my 5 children around. I know of no other vehicle that carries 6 in relative comfort, gets exceptional mileage, and costs $20,000. Reliability is exceptional, maintenance reasonable (7500 mi between oil changes), and utility unparalleled. I bought the roof rack - which installs in 5 minutes - for $200 and a $600 Thule cargo box so I can carry all the kids and stuff my ex wife's $33,000 Tahoe can at twice the MPG. I call that a deal."

Great car

By on Friday, April 11, 2008

"Owned it for almost 2 years, 36,000 miles Good: great MPG, fun to drive, los of room with seats down, good looks, comfortable Bad: tire wore out @30,000 miles, sun visors too short, no passenger arm rest, rear cargo light useless, no rear air The good far out-wieghs the bad, I am actually being somewhat not-picky about the bad stuff. The 2008 model corrects the arm rest and A/C issue."

Sport Wagon

By on Saturday, October 6, 2007

"I was looking for a sport utility vehicle that had more 'sport' while not sacrificing the 'utility'. And a manual transmission was a mandatory feature. This left me with very few choices. Even though Mazda doesn't aknolwedge this cars existance, I remembered seeing one. So after test driving a Sport and a Touring, I chose the Touring. It's not a luxury car, it's a well designed, great handling economy car. But it's not a car (or a minivan). It's a tall wagon. Other companies would have placed buldging fender flares and psuedo skid plates and made it a Soft-Roader (a fake SUV). But that's exactly what I didn't want. I wanted something with good utility, that was fun to drive (on the road) and that looked stylish. The Mazda5 delivers this and more. Mazda should advertise this car and maybe people will learn that someone does make a sporty vehicle that does not sacrifice the utility."