2009 Mazda MAZDA5

7.9

Based on 262 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Versatile

By on Sunday, September 2, 2007

"I have put over 50,000 miles in 2 years. I am 6'2 and weigh too much. The car is very comfortable. I have driven a few 12 hour trips in comfort. Very easy to get in and out. Gas mileage depends on your driving style. I can get anywhere from 24 to 30 M.P.G. (U.S.) Air Conditioner works very well even on 100 degree days. I have had the windows tinted, which made a very big difference. I also have the Navigation System. This is my first time buying the Nav System, but I will never get a car without one now!"

By on Monday, June 18, 2007

"This vehicle is a good buy for the price. What other 6 seater can you get for under $20k? It is a good alternative for those who need more passenger room than a standard car, but cannot afford a minivan."

Great car for 7 years - will be hard to part with.

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Pros: "Light and safe car/van with personality!"

Cons: "Slightly weak engine."

"I am ready to sell my Mazda 5 because I'm buying a new car. Unfortunately it will not be another Mazda since I need CarPlay and none of the 2017 models offer that. However, Owning and driving the Mazda 5 for 7 years has been an absolute pleasure. The way it opens up in the back and seats fold flat for such a small vehicle and body style is incredible. Parking is a breeze. We even carried 6 adults - though third row seats were cramped. Kids love the third row though - as a hideout place! The speakers are pretty good for a small car and the seats firm and well placed. The engine though small - has plenty of zest when compared with the lower weight. I constantly pass lumbering minivans and SUV's in style before they know what happened! The AutoStick is also a nice feature I have used frequently. The four disc brakes bring the car to an immediate stop when needed. The gas mileage is awesome ranging from 25-28 even these days. Safety is great with air bags everywhere - including side curtains. The only part I have had to change was the radiator and of course regular brake pad changes. Other than that its been rock solid. I will miss this car as I prepare to sell it."

Awesome Ride

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"I have owned the "5" for a year. I drove mini-vans and a bmw's for 20 years when we had kids. Now that the kids are gone - this is the best of both worlds. The styling is head turning (especially since I tinted the windows). It is my silver bullet. Would like it to be faster, but the handling rivals my beamers - and the versitility of the space is incredible. What a ride - Awesome!"

sport wagon

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"I had a 2004 Mazda MPV LX piror this car. The MPV was lost in a read-ended accident on the highway and I got 15102 from insurance comapny. I looked around for a van to replace my mpv but cannot found any from toyota, honda, ....... at price below 20k. One day, I saw there are many rental Mazda 5 for sell at many place for a very cheap price. I got a 2007 used at 14900 with fee and tax included. I am very surprised to find this microvan has very good handling. Fewer body roll than most of sendans. This is a good car that offers balance of economic, performance and utility. I highly recommand it"