2008 Mazda MAZDA5

7.9

Based on 264 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Good So Far

By on Friday, June 25, 2010

"We bought our 2008 Mazda 5 used last year and have been happy so far. Love the sliding doors to get the kids in and out and the storage in the back (with 3rd row folded down) is perfect for small families. I went to pick-up a patio set with one of my kids in the 2nd row and everything still fit (rectangle table and 4 chairs and umbrella, etc). My only issue is that the low-profile tires don't do well in the New England snow at all. They make the road feel very slippery. If I don't have to go out when it snows, I stay in. With my old car (with regular tires) I'd venture out with no worries. Also, plugging in an iPod is cool, but it would be even cooler if you could control it (skip a song, etc) from the car radio instead of the iPod itself. Of course, this is not the enod of the world, it just would be nice."

Great, affordable family car

By on Saturday, March 13, 2010

"I bought the Mazda5 in May 2008 and have had no problems. I drive every day but mostly short distances, so I only have about 13,000 miles. Unless your hauling large items, the Mazda5 has a peppy engine and is easy to drive and maneuver. This car is perfect for young families with one or two children. The sliding, minivan-style doors are wonderful and it's easy to get my son in and out. I've also been amazed at the amount of cargo space when all the seats are laid flat. I've moved 6-foot-tall entertainment cabinets, large Step2 toys and other misc. furniture. Being 5-foot-3, the Mazda5 offers me plenty of space, but it could be a challenge for a very tall or very heavy person. Also, I'm currently pregnant with twins and, although I plan to keep the Mazda5, it's definitely going to be a tight squeeze. Probably not the best car for families with three or more children, unless you don't need much cargo space or already own a minivan. But overall, it's been a very affordable, reliable car to own and I get compliments on it all the time."

high maintenance

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"I bought this vehicle because it was partially owned by Ford at the time and it was the best priced vehicle that fit our needs. The only 2 complaints that I have are the low mpg and the high maintenance costs. I spent over $1200 on tires, rims, brakes and rotors in a 4 month period. Our car only has 32,000 miles! The newer models have a 5 speed auto instead of a 4. If you buy one with low profile tires, get rid of them immediately. The tires wore out in 28k miles and we had 1 cracked rim and 2 bent ones."

good car, but has aerodynamic issue

By on Monday, February 8, 2010

"Overall, this is a great vehicle. The only complaint I have of it, is that driving this with the back windows down (partial or all the way down) is intollerable as the entire vehicle shakes. Aerodynamically, they missed something here. All vehicles do this a little, but this is extreme. Not a big deal for most people, but I have dogs and I like to have the two back windows down to and from the dog park, but can't do it. Also the front passengers seat doesn't have a left armrest, which is odd. My car is 2 years old and has 35k miles on it; thusfar, it's been very reliable and I've gotten slightly better than stated mileage on vacation/highway miles."

My opinion

By on Sunday, January 31, 2010

"This vehicle has been with me since Feb 2008. I have 56000 miles on it. I am 6'1" tall. The Pro's: I have enough space to take my family of 4 on long road trips. Towed a uhaul trailer through the mountains in VA. Had to drop it down to 3rd gear and slow down a bit. But she made it through and the transmission is fine. Lots of space when the seat are all folded down. Fit a washer into the back seat while it was still in the box. (It was a tight fit but it made it) The Cons: The tires and rims on this car make for good maneuvering but fail when it comes to comfortable ride and wear/tear. I am on the 4th set. Hit one pot hole (a big one) ruptured the tire and bent the rim. Cost around $400 to repair rim and get the new tire put on. I am kind of tall so I do not fit in the car's passenger seat when slouching down to try to sleep on a long drive."