2008 Mazda MAZDA5

7.9

Based on 262 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

A great family vehicle!

By on Tuesday, June 21, 2016

"I had a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS SW, and for a time it was good. It started needing more work than I had time for, though, so I found a great deal on a 2007 Mazda 5 Sport (only paid ~$3,500 incl./tax). I bought it as-is, so I was expecting to have to put some money into it, but so far it's been great. Gas mileage, from what I can tell, is as good, if not better than, the Jetta. There is much better headroom in the car, as well as plenty of seats for a family of six. As mentioned, cargo space can be pretty limited with the 3rd row seating up, but if you fold in down there's plenty of cargo space. The only issues I have with it at the moment aren't really the car's fault, it's only because I don't have the extra money at this current point in time to put into it, but it drives fine, anyway. Pretty sure it's just the tires that need to be rotated and balanced as I've already had the alignment checked and that's good."

Awesome Ride

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"I have owned the "5" for a year. I drove mini-vans and a bmw's for 20 years when we had kids. Now that the kids are gone - this is the best of both worlds. The styling is head turning (especially since I tinted the windows). It is my silver bullet. Would like it to be faster, but the handling rivals my beamers - and the versitility of the space is incredible. What a ride - Awesome!"

sport wagon

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"I had a 2004 Mazda MPV LX piror this car. The MPV was lost in a read-ended accident on the highway and I got 15102 from insurance comapny. I looked around for a van to replace my mpv but cannot found any from toyota, honda, ....... at price below 20k. One day, I saw there are many rental Mazda 5 for sell at many place for a very cheap price. I got a 2007 used at 14900 with fee and tax included. I am very surprised to find this microvan has very good handling. Fewer body roll than most of sendans. This is a good car that offers balance of economic, performance and utility. I highly recommand it"

this is a great vehicle. Very reliable

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

"This has been a great vehicle for my family. It is very comfortable and I love the safety features!"

Bad suspension, sporty drive

By on Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pros: "Sporty driving. Roomy. Nice handling."

Cons: "Suspension. Suspension. Suspension."

"Already replaced part of the suspension which seems designed for perfect roads only. Noisy over 60 mph. Excellent driving position and feels even sporty. Great at the pump, either if you drive it in town or travel. Allignment of wheels needed more frequently than in other models I had. Service costs at Mazda dealers quite affordable and justifies choice. A/C vents become noisier after some years."