2008 Mazda MAZDA5

7.9

Based on 262 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

high maintenance

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"I bought this vehicle because it was partially owned by Ford at the time and it was the best priced vehicle that fit our needs. The only 2 complaints that I have are the low mpg and the high maintenance costs. I spent over $1200 on tires, rims, brakes and rotors in a 4 month period. Our car only has 32,000 miles! The newer models have a 5 speed auto instead of a 4. If you buy one with low profile tires, get rid of them immediately. The tires wore out in 28k miles and we had 1 cracked rim and 2 bent ones."

good car, but has aerodynamic issue

By on Monday, February 8, 2010

"Overall, this is a great vehicle. The only complaint I have of it, is that driving this with the back windows down (partial or all the way down) is intollerable as the entire vehicle shakes. Aerodynamically, they missed something here. All vehicles do this a little, but this is extreme. Not a big deal for most people, but I have dogs and I like to have the two back windows down to and from the dog park, but can't do it. Also the front passengers seat doesn't have a left armrest, which is odd. My car is 2 years old and has 35k miles on it; thusfar, it's been very reliable and I've gotten slightly better than stated mileage on vacation/highway miles."

My opinion

By on Sunday, January 31, 2010

"This vehicle has been with me since Feb 2008. I have 56000 miles on it. I am 6'1" tall. The Pro's: I have enough space to take my family of 4 on long road trips. Towed a uhaul trailer through the mountains in VA. Had to drop it down to 3rd gear and slow down a bit. But she made it through and the transmission is fine. Lots of space when the seat are all folded down. Fit a washer into the back seat while it was still in the box. (It was a tight fit but it made it) The Cons: The tires and rims on this car make for good maneuvering but fail when it comes to comfortable ride and wear/tear. I am on the 4th set. Hit one pot hole (a big one) ruptured the tire and bent the rim. Cost around $400 to repair rim and get the new tire put on. I am kind of tall so I do not fit in the car's passenger seat when slouching down to try to sleep on a long drive."

Mazda 5 zoom zoom

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I went from a full size Mommy minivan to the sporty Mazda 5. I get compliments everywhere I go. My only complaint is the tire wear. I'm on my 2nd set of tires at 65k miles and will soon need the 3rd. I take my Mazda in for service at regular intervals."

Perfect for us

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"We just moved back to the states and were looking for a vehicle. My sister has an Element and I liked that. We also liked the Odesseys in Japan. We shopped for a while and happened to pass by a Mazda 5 at the dealership while looking at an MPV. Love at first site. We loved the sleek styling. It's almost not a van but not quite a wagon. We call it a Vagon. Anyway. Then we found it it comes in a stick. YES! We both love driving a standard and none of the other vehicles we were looking at had the option. We test drove it and liked everything about it. The inside was very modern looking and the interior was comfortable and seemed like it would withstand the challenges my 2 children would throw at it. Then there is another rows of seats. Perfect. When we are visiting family and need to fit more people in to car pool. POP! More seats. The only complaint I had about it was the placement of the cargo light, which is no big deal. Long story short, bought the car and have absolutley no complaints. We actually had random people come ask us what it was and how we liked it. We drive quite abit cross country and it holds me, wife, 2 kids, 2 poodles, and our luggage all inside. This vehicle is not for everybody but I highly recommend it to smaller families. Not to big. Not to small. Just right."

By on Wednesday, February 6, 2008

"I love this car, for the price and mileage its perfect! There are some downfalls though. No arm rest on passenger seat, it vibrates alot, during the winter and when it rains-it squeaks some, mainly when in reverse. I bought this new in late 2006 and its still a great car. Nothing major wrong with the car-the biggest annoyance is having a new car that squeaks! Also, If we put the windows down-we have to put each window at a certain position or it will vibrate your ears and let me tell you, it hurts! The good out weighs the bad though and we are pretty happy!"

small but satisfing

By on Saturday, February 2, 2008

"this is a young persons van, very fast, very stylish, and a great way to hull a small group to any party in town."

By on Monday, January 28, 2008

"great car when you have kids. Plenty room inside especially when you have a lot of car seats. Kids love to be able to walk around inside the car. Side doors make it easier to take a baby car seat out without hitting the car parked next to you. Great car, very functionable for the young family."

Zoom-Zoom

By on Thursday, November 29, 2007

"When I was younger all I drove were sport cars. I had MGA, Jaq XKE, etc. Then I got married and started having children and my husband bought me a Ford Fairlane. I hated that car. It was an aircraft carrier and waddled like a pregnant elephant. Finally I was able to buy a Volvo stationwaagon and loved it, but until I bought my Mazda5 I had no love or feelings for a car. This car gave me back the fun of driving with the extra space needed for kids and stuff. This car has pick-up and passing speed, handles like a sports car and stops on a dime. Forgt American cars. I tried Dodge and Plymouth and they weren't worth a dime.] I highly recommend a Mazda for fun and spirit. Now I am stuck on Mazda."

good for the short commuter withkids

By on Saturday, November 24, 2007

"i bought this vehicle after my wife had our third child. i really felt i needed something with more room, but wanted something i wasn't embarrassed to drive. this was definitely the vehicle for that. i liked the look and performance wasn't bad for a mini-van type vehicle. the only bad thing was the gas mileage! i began traveling about twice the distance that i had been when i purchased it. i am only getting about 22 mpg and it's killing me with amount of traveling i do. if you are only driving the kids around town and taking the occassional long trip, this vehicle is for you! if you plan to drive more than 20 miles a day..,...consider the honda fit. that's what i'm trading in for."