2008 Mazda MAZDA5

7.9

Based on 262 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Meets all the needs!

By on Thursday, January 3, 2008

"We purchased this car a while back and have been very pleased with the gas mileage as well as the sportiness and handling. We have traveled long distances and around town and everything is great about the M5. We think it is the best kept secret of mini(micro-mini) vans. MPG city is about 20, on hwy we have gotten 30 with the car loaded down, but regularly about 28. Fits our large fam, and saves on gas! What else could you want in a daily ride??"

The Swiss Army Knife of Vans!

By on Thursday, November 1, 2007

"My wife bought a used 2006 Mazda5 Sport Automatic...and we LOVE it!. This van is truly "mini" and really fun to drive. It handles like a sporty car and has a really tight turning radius which makes it very easy to park. You don't get that floating feeling you get when driving a larger minivan like an MPV or Honda Odyssey. While the rear 2 rows of seats cannot be removed, they flip down real easily. It's also very easy to get in and out of. The seat height is such that you just plop down in the seat - no big step up like on some larger vans. The van we bought had an aftermarket DVD system installed, which the kids really enjoy. The factory AM/FM multi-CD player sounds very, very good. The integrated radio controls on the steering wheel (along with cruise control) is a nice touch. Hats off to Mazda for creating what I think is one of the most practical, good looking, fun to drive minivans out there. The only thing you give up VS a larger minivan is seating for one more person (the Mazda5 seats 6) and space behind the rear seat. I bought the optional roof rack and a hard shell luggage roof carrier and plan to use them for longer trips. Overall, I couldn't be happier. I have read reviews about it being under powered, but I have found it to be plenty quick enough for me. I haven't paid much attention to fuel economy, but I figure it has to be better than the larger vans since it has only a 4 cylinder engine. If you are hesitant to buy a minvan like I was, choose the Mazda5. It really is a joy to own and drive! The only mechanical issue we've had so far was a knocking sound from the front end. The front stabilizer bushing were replaced by the dealer for free as there was a tech bulletin out on this, which is why I only gave 4 starts for reliability. Overall - I highly recommend this van! ZOOM ZOOM!!!"

Great Car for a familiy

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "Great Car, lots of space, great for all ages"

Cons: "no rear AC, only one arm rest n front, small tires"

"Perfect family car but also practical for the college student! I had this car in college and thru my first family. Works great for traveling, lots of room. The storage spaces under the seat is great during shopping season. Only bad thing... Tires couldn't handle my driving. I needed something with bigger/thicker tires. The Mazda5 has sporty tires that can't handle bumps and bruises all too well... Overall it is a great car! Would recommend this car to all ages, all sizes!"

Awesome!

By on Friday, February 1, 2008

"Pros: looks sporty hot, car handles great, smooth rides, turns are better than anyother minivvan, you will not feel the tilt, comfortable seats that can adjust to have a wide open front view. Cons: if you live in the upper states, during the winter time the shocks and struts are very stiff you can hear squeaks on every bump in the road, breaks squeaks when you reverse your car. took to dealer cannot find anything, only happens in the winter time"

Postives & Negatives

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"I went into the dealership to purchase a Tribute and walked out with the Mazda 5. I don't have kids but fell in love with the car and all the extra features you get for the money that the Tribute doesn't offer. The mini is very roomy for 4 and has great storage space in the back with the seats down. Love all the extras like the moon roof, controls for the radio on the steering wheel, 6 disc changer and safety features of anti lock brakes, front & side air bags. I've gotten a lot of compliments on the car and how unique it is. Great exterior features too! Looks very sporty. Only a few negatives: Major one is that there are no a/c vents in the back. Living in Florida this is a huge negative when you have people sitting in the back. Also, no armrest for the front passenger seat (of course thats the main passenger complaint) and last...the car has get up and go only when there are 2 people in the car. Once you get 4 adults or more, the car has trouble getting off to a quick start. I suggest a bigger engine on it since it is a heavier car than the Mazda 3 that has the same engine. If they can fix those 3 things I think the car would rate a 10. Currently I rate it an overall 8. Zoom Zoom."

Most reliable

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pros: "It's been rated senior friendly for several years."

Cons: "None that I've found so far."

"This is the 2nd Mazda I've owned and have found in both cases that it's also the car I've owned for the longest period of time. The first an 1985 Mazda 626 (now called a 6) had no breakdown until it's 10th year and I kept it for nearly 14 years and only experienced one malfunction. My 2007 Mazda 5 same thing. I bought it new in Oct 2007 so it's approaching its' 9th year this coming Oct and no breakdowns, just regular maintenance."

A great family vehicle!

By on Tuesday, June 21, 2016

"I had a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLS SW, and for a time it was good. It started needing more work than I had time for, though, so I found a great deal on a 2007 Mazda 5 Sport (only paid ~$3,500 incl./tax). I bought it as-is, so I was expecting to have to put some money into it, but so far it's been great. Gas mileage, from what I can tell, is as good, if not better than, the Jetta. There is much better headroom in the car, as well as plenty of seats for a family of six. As mentioned, cargo space can be pretty limited with the 3rd row seating up, but if you fold in down there's plenty of cargo space. The only issues I have with it at the moment aren't really the car's fault, it's only because I don't have the extra money at this current point in time to put into it, but it drives fine, anyway. Pretty sure it's just the tires that need to be rotated and balanced as I've already had the alignment checked and that's good."

Right For The Times

By on Saturday, November 29, 2008

"I have 30 months and over 100,000 miles in my 2006 Mazda5. I average 29mpg in decidedly heavy interstate driving but 27-28mpg average on the weekends chasing my 5 children around. I know of no other vehicle that carries 6 in relative comfort, gets exceptional mileage, and costs $20,000. Reliability is exceptional, maintenance reasonable (7500 mi between oil changes), and utility unparalleled. I bought the roof rack - which installs in 5 minutes - for $200 and a $600 Thule cargo box so I can carry all the kids and stuff my ex wife's $33,000 Tahoe can at twice the MPG. I call that a deal."

Great car

By on Friday, April 11, 2008

"Owned it for almost 2 years, 36,000 miles Good: great MPG, fun to drive, los of room with seats down, good looks, comfortable Bad: tire wore out @30,000 miles, sun visors too short, no passenger arm rest, rear cargo light useless, no rear air The good far out-wieghs the bad, I am actually being somewhat not-picky about the bad stuff. The 2008 model corrects the arm rest and A/C issue."

Sport Wagon

By on Saturday, October 6, 2007

"I was looking for a sport utility vehicle that had more 'sport' while not sacrificing the 'utility'. And a manual transmission was a mandatory feature. This left me with very few choices. Even though Mazda doesn't aknolwedge this cars existance, I remembered seeing one. So after test driving a Sport and a Touring, I chose the Touring. It's not a luxury car, it's a well designed, great handling economy car. But it's not a car (or a minivan). It's a tall wagon. Other companies would have placed buldging fender flares and psuedo skid plates and made it a Soft-Roader (a fake SUV). But that's exactly what I didn't want. I wanted something with good utility, that was fun to drive (on the road) and that looked stylish. The Mazda5 delivers this and more. Mazda should advertise this car and maybe people will learn that someone does make a sporty vehicle that does not sacrifice the utility."