2007 Mazda MAZDA5

7.9

Based on 262 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

this is a great vehicle. Very reliable

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

"This has been a great vehicle for my family. It is very comfortable and I love the safety features!"

Bad suspension, sporty drive

By on Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pros: "Sporty driving. Roomy. Nice handling."

Cons: "Suspension. Suspension. Suspension."

"Already replaced part of the suspension which seems designed for perfect roads only. Noisy over 60 mph. Excellent driving position and feels even sporty. Great at the pump, either if you drive it in town or travel. Allignment of wheels needed more frequently than in other models I had. Service costs at Mazda dealers quite affordable and justifies choice. A/C vents become noisier after some years."

GREAT family vehicle

By on Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pros: "6 passeger, great handling,versatile"

Cons: "road noise, lack of storage with 6 passengers"

"a bit short on storage if you have 6 passengers and the road noise is a bit bothersome, but a great car for families! We love the versatility. We have recommended the Mazda5 to several people."

Good So Far

By on Friday, June 25, 2010

"We bought our 2008 Mazda 5 used last year and have been happy so far. Love the sliding doors to get the kids in and out and the storage in the back (with 3rd row folded down) is perfect for small families. I went to pick-up a patio set with one of my kids in the 2nd row and everything still fit (rectangle table and 4 chairs and umbrella, etc). My only issue is that the low-profile tires don't do well in the New England snow at all. They make the road feel very slippery. If I don't have to go out when it snows, I stay in. With my old car (with regular tires) I'd venture out with no worries. Also, plugging in an iPod is cool, but it would be even cooler if you could control it (skip a song, etc) from the car radio instead of the iPod itself. Of course, this is not the enod of the world, it just would be nice."

Great, affordable family car

By on Saturday, March 13, 2010

"I bought the Mazda5 in May 2008 and have had no problems. I drive every day but mostly short distances, so I only have about 13,000 miles. Unless your hauling large items, the Mazda5 has a peppy engine and is easy to drive and maneuver. This car is perfect for young families with one or two children. The sliding, minivan-style doors are wonderful and it's easy to get my son in and out. I've also been amazed at the amount of cargo space when all the seats are laid flat. I've moved 6-foot-tall entertainment cabinets, large Step2 toys and other misc. furniture. Being 5-foot-3, the Mazda5 offers me plenty of space, but it could be a challenge for a very tall or very heavy person. Also, I'm currently pregnant with twins and, although I plan to keep the Mazda5, it's definitely going to be a tight squeeze. Probably not the best car for families with three or more children, unless you don't need much cargo space or already own a minivan. But overall, it's been a very affordable, reliable car to own and I get compliments on it all the time."