2007 Mazda MAZDA5

7.9

Based on 262 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Sport Wagon

By on Saturday, October 6, 2007

"I was looking for a sport utility vehicle that had more 'sport' while not sacrificing the 'utility'. And a manual transmission was a mandatory feature. This left me with very few choices. Even though Mazda doesn't aknolwedge this cars existance, I remembered seeing one. So after test driving a Sport and a Touring, I chose the Touring. It's not a luxury car, it's a well designed, great handling economy car. But it's not a car (or a minivan). It's a tall wagon. Other companies would have placed buldging fender flares and psuedo skid plates and made it a Soft-Roader (a fake SUV). But that's exactly what I didn't want. I wanted something with good utility, that was fun to drive (on the road) and that looked stylish. The Mazda5 delivers this and more. Mazda should advertise this car and maybe people will learn that someone does make a sporty vehicle that does not sacrifice the utility."

Versatile

By on Sunday, September 2, 2007

"I have put over 50,000 miles in 2 years. I am 6'2 and weigh too much. The car is very comfortable. I have driven a few 12 hour trips in comfort. Very easy to get in and out. Gas mileage depends on your driving style. I can get anywhere from 24 to 30 M.P.G. (U.S.) Air Conditioner works very well even on 100 degree days. I have had the windows tinted, which made a very big difference. I also have the Navigation System. This is my first time buying the Nav System, but I will never get a car without one now!"

By on Monday, June 18, 2007

"This vehicle is a good buy for the price. What other 6 seater can you get for under $20k? It is a good alternative for those who need more passenger room than a standard car, but cannot afford a minivan."

Great car for 7 years - will be hard to part with.

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Pros: "Light and safe car/van with personality!"

Cons: "Slightly weak engine."

"I am ready to sell my Mazda 5 because I'm buying a new car. Unfortunately it will not be another Mazda since I need CarPlay and none of the 2017 models offer that. However, Owning and driving the Mazda 5 for 7 years has been an absolute pleasure. The way it opens up in the back and seats fold flat for such a small vehicle and body style is incredible. Parking is a breeze. We even carried 6 adults - though third row seats were cramped. Kids love the third row though - as a hideout place! The speakers are pretty good for a small car and the seats firm and well placed. The engine though small - has plenty of zest when compared with the lower weight. I constantly pass lumbering minivans and SUV's in style before they know what happened! The AutoStick is also a nice feature I have used frequently. The four disc brakes bring the car to an immediate stop when needed. The gas mileage is awesome ranging from 25-28 even these days. Safety is great with air bags everywhere - including side curtains. The only part I have had to change was the radiator and of course regular brake pad changes. Other than that its been rock solid. I will miss this car as I prepare to sell it."

Most reliable

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pros: "It's been rated senior friendly for several years."

Cons: "None that I've found so far."

"This is the 2nd Mazda I've owned and have found in both cases that it's also the car I've owned for the longest period of time. The first an 1985 Mazda 626 (now called a 6) had no breakdown until it's 10th year and I kept it for nearly 14 years and only experienced one malfunction. My 2007 Mazda 5 same thing. I bought it new in Oct 2007 so it's approaching its' 9th year this coming Oct and no breakdowns, just regular maintenance."