ZIP code

2007 Mazda MAZDA5

7.9

Based on 262 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Versatile

By on Sunday, September 2, 2007

"I have put over 50,000 miles in 2 years. I am 6'2 and weigh too much. The car is very comfortable. I have driven a few 12 hour trips in comfort. Very easy to get in and out. Gas mileage depends on your driving style. I can get anywhere from 24 to 30 M.P.G. (U.S.) Air Conditioner works very well even on 100 degree days. I have had the windows tinted, which made a very big difference. I also have the Navigation System. This is my first time buying the Nav System, but I will never get a car without one now!"

By on Monday, June 18, 2007

"This vehicle is a good buy for the price. What other 6 seater can you get for under $20k? It is a good alternative for those who need more passenger room than a standard car, but cannot afford a minivan."

Great car for 7 years - will be hard to part with.

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Pros: "Light and safe car/van with personality!"

Cons: "Slightly weak engine."

"I am ready to sell my Mazda 5 because I'm buying a new car. Unfortunately it will not be another Mazda since I need CarPlay and none of the 2017 models offer that. However, Owning and driving the Mazda 5 for 7 years has been an absolute pleasure. The way it opens up in the back and seats fold flat for such a small vehicle and body style is incredible. Parking is a breeze. We even carried 6 adults - though third row seats were cramped. Kids love the third row though - as a hideout place! The speakers are pretty good for a small car and the seats firm and well placed. The engine though small - has plenty of zest when compared with the lower weight. I constantly pass lumbering minivans and SUV's in style before they know what happened! The AutoStick is also a nice feature I have used frequently. The four disc brakes bring the car to an immediate stop when needed. The gas mileage is awesome ranging from 25-28 even these days. Safety is great with air bags everywhere - including side curtains. The only part I have had to change was the radiator and of course regular brake pad changes. Other than that its been rock solid. I will miss this car as I prepare to sell it."

Awesome Ride

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"I have owned the "5" for a year. I drove mini-vans and a bmw's for 20 years when we had kids. Now that the kids are gone - this is the best of both worlds. The styling is head turning (especially since I tinted the windows). It is my silver bullet. Would like it to be faster, but the handling rivals my beamers - and the versitility of the space is incredible. What a ride - Awesome!"

sport wagon

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"I had a 2004 Mazda MPV LX piror this car. The MPV was lost in a read-ended accident on the highway and I got 15102 from insurance comapny. I looked around for a van to replace my mpv but cannot found any from toyota, honda, ....... at price below 20k. One day, I saw there are many rental Mazda 5 for sell at many place for a very cheap price. I got a 2007 used at 14900 with fee and tax included. I am very surprised to find this microvan has very good handling. Fewer body roll than most of sendans. This is a good car that offers balance of economic, performance and utility. I highly recommand it"

this is a great vehicle. Very reliable

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

"This has been a great vehicle for my family. It is very comfortable and I love the safety features!"

Bad suspension, sporty drive

By on Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pros: "Sporty driving. Roomy. Nice handling."

Cons: "Suspension. Suspension. Suspension."

"Already replaced part of the suspension which seems designed for perfect roads only. Noisy over 60 mph. Excellent driving position and feels even sporty. Great at the pump, either if you drive it in town or travel. Allignment of wheels needed more frequently than in other models I had. Service costs at Mazda dealers quite affordable and justifies choice. A/C vents become noisier after some years."

GREAT family vehicle

By on Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pros: "6 passeger, great handling,versatile"

Cons: "road noise, lack of storage with 6 passengers"

"a bit short on storage if you have 6 passengers and the road noise is a bit bothersome, but a great car for families! We love the versatility. We have recommended the Mazda5 to several people."

Good So Far

By on Friday, June 25, 2010

"We bought our 2008 Mazda 5 used last year and have been happy so far. Love the sliding doors to get the kids in and out and the storage in the back (with 3rd row folded down) is perfect for small families. I went to pick-up a patio set with one of my kids in the 2nd row and everything still fit (rectangle table and 4 chairs and umbrella, etc). My only issue is that the low-profile tires don't do well in the New England snow at all. They make the road feel very slippery. If I don't have to go out when it snows, I stay in. With my old car (with regular tires) I'd venture out with no worries. Also, plugging in an iPod is cool, but it would be even cooler if you could control it (skip a song, etc) from the car radio instead of the iPod itself. Of course, this is not the enod of the world, it just would be nice."

Great, affordable family car

By on Saturday, March 13, 2010

"I bought the Mazda5 in May 2008 and have had no problems. I drive every day but mostly short distances, so I only have about 13,000 miles. Unless your hauling large items, the Mazda5 has a peppy engine and is easy to drive and maneuver. This car is perfect for young families with one or two children. The sliding, minivan-style doors are wonderful and it's easy to get my son in and out. I've also been amazed at the amount of cargo space when all the seats are laid flat. I've moved 6-foot-tall entertainment cabinets, large Step2 toys and other misc. furniture. Being 5-foot-3, the Mazda5 offers me plenty of space, but it could be a challenge for a very tall or very heavy person. Also, I'm currently pregnant with twins and, although I plan to keep the Mazda5, it's definitely going to be a tight squeeze. Probably not the best car for families with three or more children, unless you don't need much cargo space or already own a minivan. But overall, it's been a very affordable, reliable car to own and I get compliments on it all the time."