2006 Mazda MAZDA5

7.9

Based on 262 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

fun , family grows out of it though...

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "sporty , quick, roomy"

Cons: "expensive tires, no aux input, front seats tight."

"I love this car. 2 years after I bought it they came out with leaTHER SEATS, the navi system should be standard, would like to see better stereo with aux input on outside, tires expensive (Z rated) a more aggressive sounding engine like the volvo 850 would be excellent....."

Great for when you get "extra" kids!

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "great price, a van that has a manual transmission"

Cons: "Low profile wheels costly"

"I loved the 5 from the moment I saw it and bought it as soon as my dealer got them in '06. This car has so much room for a family of 4. The kids are separated by bucket seats and with the sliding doors I don't have to worry about them hitting another car with them. I live in the NE and only drive standard shift--Mazda5 is the only van with that available. The fold down 3rd row has a lot of room and when I have to transport my friend's kids, the seats flip up easily and I have room for 6. The Mazda5's subsequent years through 2010 brought improvement to the 5 with a 16 inch wheel option (really, low profile tires and potholes are NOT a good combination: it bends the wheel)and adding features that come standard."

Good overall vehicle

By on Friday, March 18, 2011

"The only problem I've had with this car is the heat shield under the front of the motor has come off 4 times. I believe that is because there are no spacers on the bolts holding it on & road vibration eventually wiggles the bolts free. This is a very versatile vehicle that I call a van but is classified as a wagon by Consumer Reports."

By on Thursday, March 17, 2011

Very happy

By on Thursday, March 10, 2011

"I have had this vehicle since 2007. I am not a typical owner because I worked in dealerships for six years and consider a car an appliance rather than anything exciting. That being said, I would say the single word that describes this car is "practical." It exceeded my needs with cargo, people (sits six) and reliabilty. It had a campaign fix for vibration, and squeaky rear suspension when cold. Apart from that, no problems whatsoever. It could be quieter at highway speeds (I will test the 2012 model soon to hear the difference.) The fuel consumption is OK - I would have hoped for slightly better for the size of the vehicle. But it is not too thirsty. It has adequate power - especially with the manual transmission. All in all, a reliable, practical "microvan" and only one of two vehicles in this size range that seats more than five."