2006 Mazda MAZDA5

7.9

Based on 264 Ratings for the 2006 - 2010 models.

Awesome Ride

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"I have owned the "5" for a year. I drove mini-vans and a bmw's for 20 years when we had kids. Now that the kids are gone - this is the best of both worlds. The styling is head turning (especially since I tinted the windows). It is my silver bullet. Would like it to be faster, but the handling rivals my beamers - and the versitility of the space is incredible. What a ride - Awesome!"

sport wagon

By on Monday, January 7, 2008

"I had a 2004 Mazda MPV LX piror this car. The MPV was lost in a read-ended accident on the highway and I got 15102 from insurance comapny. I looked around for a van to replace my mpv but cannot found any from toyota, honda, ....... at price below 20k. One day, I saw there are many rental Mazda 5 for sell at many place for a very cheap price. I got a 2007 used at 14900 with fee and tax included. I am very surprised to find this microvan has very good handling. Fewer body roll than most of sendans. This is a good car that offers balance of economic, performance and utility. I highly recommand it"

this is a great vehicle. Very reliable

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

"This has been a great vehicle for my family. It is very comfortable and I love the safety features!"

Bad suspension, sporty drive

By on Saturday, December 8, 2012

Pros: "Sporty driving. Roomy. Nice handling."

Cons: "Suspension. Suspension. Suspension."

"Already replaced part of the suspension which seems designed for perfect roads only. Noisy over 60 mph. Excellent driving position and feels even sporty. Great at the pump, either if you drive it in town or travel. Allignment of wheels needed more frequently than in other models I had. Service costs at Mazda dealers quite affordable and justifies choice. A/C vents become noisier after some years."

GREAT family vehicle

By on Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pros: "6 passeger, great handling,versatile"

Cons: "road noise, lack of storage with 6 passengers"

"a bit short on storage if you have 6 passengers and the road noise is a bit bothersome, but a great car for families! We love the versatility. We have recommended the Mazda5 to several people."

Good So Far

By on Friday, June 25, 2010

"We bought our 2008 Mazda 5 used last year and have been happy so far. Love the sliding doors to get the kids in and out and the storage in the back (with 3rd row folded down) is perfect for small families. I went to pick-up a patio set with one of my kids in the 2nd row and everything still fit (rectangle table and 4 chairs and umbrella, etc). My only issue is that the low-profile tires don't do well in the New England snow at all. They make the road feel very slippery. If I don't have to go out when it snows, I stay in. With my old car (with regular tires) I'd venture out with no worries. Also, plugging in an iPod is cool, but it would be even cooler if you could control it (skip a song, etc) from the car radio instead of the iPod itself. Of course, this is not the enod of the world, it just would be nice."

Great, affordable family car

By on Saturday, March 13, 2010

"I bought the Mazda5 in May 2008 and have had no problems. I drive every day but mostly short distances, so I only have about 13,000 miles. Unless your hauling large items, the Mazda5 has a peppy engine and is easy to drive and maneuver. This car is perfect for young families with one or two children. The sliding, minivan-style doors are wonderful and it's easy to get my son in and out. I've also been amazed at the amount of cargo space when all the seats are laid flat. I've moved 6-foot-tall entertainment cabinets, large Step2 toys and other misc. furniture. Being 5-foot-3, the Mazda5 offers me plenty of space, but it could be a challenge for a very tall or very heavy person. Also, I'm currently pregnant with twins and, although I plan to keep the Mazda5, it's definitely going to be a tight squeeze. Probably not the best car for families with three or more children, unless you don't need much cargo space or already own a minivan. But overall, it's been a very affordable, reliable car to own and I get compliments on it all the time."

high maintenance

By on Thursday, March 11, 2010

"I bought this vehicle because it was partially owned by Ford at the time and it was the best priced vehicle that fit our needs. The only 2 complaints that I have are the low mpg and the high maintenance costs. I spent over $1200 on tires, rims, brakes and rotors in a 4 month period. Our car only has 32,000 miles! The newer models have a 5 speed auto instead of a 4. If you buy one with low profile tires, get rid of them immediately. The tires wore out in 28k miles and we had 1 cracked rim and 2 bent ones."

good car, but has aerodynamic issue

By on Monday, February 8, 2010

"Overall, this is a great vehicle. The only complaint I have of it, is that driving this with the back windows down (partial or all the way down) is intollerable as the entire vehicle shakes. Aerodynamically, they missed something here. All vehicles do this a little, but this is extreme. Not a big deal for most people, but I have dogs and I like to have the two back windows down to and from the dog park, but can't do it. Also the front passengers seat doesn't have a left armrest, which is odd. My car is 2 years old and has 35k miles on it; thusfar, it's been very reliable and I've gotten slightly better than stated mileage on vacation/highway miles."

My opinion

By on Sunday, January 31, 2010

"This vehicle has been with me since Feb 2008. I have 56000 miles on it. I am 6'1" tall. The Pro's: I have enough space to take my family of 4 on long road trips. Towed a uhaul trailer through the mountains in VA. Had to drop it down to 3rd gear and slow down a bit. But she made it through and the transmission is fine. Lots of space when the seat are all folded down. Fit a washer into the back seat while it was still in the box. (It was a tight fit but it made it) The Cons: The tires and rims on this car make for good maneuvering but fail when it comes to comfortable ride and wear/tear. I am on the 4th set. Hit one pot hole (a big one) ruptured the tire and bent the rim. Cost around $400 to repair rim and get the new tire put on. I am kind of tall so I do not fit in the car's passenger seat when slouching down to try to sleep on a long drive."