• 2014 Compact Cars

2012 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 316 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Great quality, very few flaws.

By on Monday, April 14, 2014

Pros: "good price, quality"

Cons: "heater and air conditioning (see review)"

"I love my Mazda 3 with the skyactiv engine/transmission. My MPG has varied from 40+ on the highway to the lowest of 28 (which still isn't horrible). For the two years I've owned it, I've been impressed by the quality of the vehicle. My only complaint is that I feel the heater and air conditioner are underpowered. It takes a good 10-15 minutes of driving for the heat to really pump out or the air conditioning to get cold. I've owned other small vehicles that performed much better in this category. When I brought this up with the dealer, the technician stated it functioned normally and the front desk stated this is a common complaint. I wouldn't say it is bad enough to stop my from buying one again but it is something to consider."

Excellent car

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Pros: "Price, drivability, gas mileage, reliability"

Cons: "back window rattle"

"I have owned my Mazda 3 for 2 years now. The gas mileage is just plain awesome, 40+ on the highway, well over 30 in the city. With my main driving being commuting to work and daily in town driver I only fuel up once every 3 weeks. This skyactive engine has plenty of pep and has no problems getting around traffic. The steering can be compared to an expensive sports car, and my manuel shifts with incredible ease. I am only 5'9 so the interior has plenty of room for me and a passenger, back seat will fit two adults but wouldn't recommend the back seat for a long trip unless its your children. Love the blue tooth, play music from my Iphone with no cables to hook up. Speakers sound very good. Living in Iowa I have plenty of winter driving and this car is a champ, nothing slowed me down this winter. My only complaint is when temps go below freezing there is a weird rattle that comes from the rear window that the dealership says they have heard before, but there is no fix for it. Great car and more for the price. You will enjoy driving it."

2011 Mazda 3. My personal opinion on this car

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "modest price, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Lacks excelleration"

"When taken care of, this vehicle is more than reliable. It will run and run and keep on running. That goes without saying that you treat it as you would any other vehicle; consistently checking fluid levels, regular oil changes, proper maintenance as needed, (which is minimal at best from my experience). Bottom line is, the Mazda 3 is an exceptional vehicle."

Strange Noises, Uncomfortable Seats

By on Saturday, April 05, 2014

Pros: "Inexpensive"

Cons: "Mazda customer service is bad."

"I purchased my 2010 Mazda3 iSport in 10/2012. It has made squealing noises and had a jerky transmission the entire time. I've had it in to the dealership techs about 10 times. They have replaced belts and tensioners, but it still makes the noise. They finally escallated it to a Mazda engineer, who told me the noises were 100% normal. The seats are hard and uncomfortable. The standard tires are horrible in snow and rain. Based on my experience, I would not recommend Mazda to others and I will not own a Mazda again after I unload this lemon."

Amazing vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Great car for the money. Love the performance"

Cons: "Road noise a little louder than would like."

"Great fuel economy and no loss in style. Has excellent get up and go and still get 42 to 43 miles per gallon at 70 MPH. No doubt will be trading in soon on another Mazda."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25