2010 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 394 Ratings for the 2010 - 2013 models.

Wonderful value, fun car to drive

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "Good value, fun to drive"

Cons: "Blind spot in front as described above"

"Recently purchased a Mazda 3 2012. Wonderful value, and a fun car to drive. Perfect for city driving and parking, great on the highway. Excellent gas mileage. One caution- Where the front windshield meets the passenger window, the frame is wide. This causes a blind spot when crossing the road as a small vehicle can disappear from view. Just use caution, check carefully and exit slowly to adjust your view before crossing. It is the only drawback, otherwise very well thought out engineering."

Lives up to the hype, but wish it was quieter.

By on Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pros: "Fantastic performance, gas mileage, function."

Cons: "Can be noisy on rough roads."

"I have owned a half-dozen or so new sporty cars (e.g. Solstice GXP, Mustang GT) in the last ten years, including the first generation Mazdaspeed3, and this has been my favorite overall. Where some of the others had serious shortcomings that did not make up for great performance (space - Solstice, gas mileage - Mustang, reliability - 2006 Speed3), this 2010 Mazdaspeed3 has been exceptional in all departments. I average 27mpg in real-world driving and yet never lack for power. I have not had any mechanical problems and love the ride, razor-sharp handling, and even the unusual appearance (still looks like it's grinning at me). There is less torque steer than in the first-gen and no less turbo thrust, which I much enjoy. The interior is both stylish, in monochrome black, and comfortable for four adults. The hatchback is very useful and convenient and swallows groceries, packages, luggage or even construction equipment. If I had one single gripe with the car it would be that on the uneven and poorly maintained roads out in the country where I live, the Mazdaspeed3 can be rather loud at cruising speed (55-65mph). The excellent stock stereo can be cranked up to cover the sound, but I constantly find myself wishing Mazda had charged another $500 for the car and added 50 extra pounds of sound insulation. Still, a few twisty roads later and I fall in love with this car again, and again, and again... As a testament to my delight with this superlative car, I plan to get the next generation when it appears with the new Skyactive engine... assuming they turbo-charge it, of course."

Unsure right now

By on Monday, January 2, 2012

Pros: "Great gas mileage"

Cons: "Noises under the hood"

"The car is ok, but I hear a lot of whistling sounds under the hood. The mechanic said it is the electronic steering system and is normal. I am not sure about this. It also makes lawn mower sounds on winding roads. I hope it is not a skyactiv tech issue. Great gas mileage."

Mazda is the leader

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Great interior, a blast to drive"

Cons: "No driver ceiling handle, no steering wheel grips"

"If you want a compact sedan or hatch with the best interior, smallest turning circle, push-button start, and here's a new one - 6-speed manual in a higher trim level - this is your car. And only Mazda can give you all this with a NON-black interior if you choose. Try any other car with this combination and at this price, forget it - you need to start looking at BMWs. Under $30,000, VW's GTI comes closest, but it's heavier, has a turning circle almost two feet bigger, and just like everyone else besides Mazda, forces you into a suffocating black interior/black headliner. The Mazda3 s Grand Touring isn't perfect - it's louder than I'd like, the tires have no grip on wet surfaces, the mileage should be a little better given it's light weight (although to be fair I have the larger 2.5L engine), but every other complaint is just minor or else subjective opinion. What's not subjective is that it's great to drive, tight-looking and feeling, and has a a SUPERB interior. I love mine (it's pearl white with a beige interior since it's HOT in the South), and my next car will definitely be a Mazda. They simply offer more for the buck than anyone but Hyundai or Kia, and their products are more innovative that any other company producing non-luxury cars."

The perfect brand new car!

By on Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"I have wanted a Mazda3 since I knew what they were. I was driving a 2003 Camry, and even though I liked the car, I wasn't impressed with my gas mileage and it was getting to expensive for me to take care of. I am almost 19 years old and on June 16, I drove off of my local Mazda dealership's lot in a brand new, 2011 Mazda3 and I could not be happier. Even though it's only been less than a week, I've already fallen in love with this car. The Mazda3 is great on gas, it is comfortable, stylish, and I know that making the big decision to go with a brand new one will not be a decision I ever think twice about. I believe the Mazda3 is a great choice for anyone's first brand new car. The selection of models is also good for people of all types. The Mazda3 Sport was a little too basic for me, and I was having a tough time realizing that if I got the sport, I would need to give up my automatic lock keychain. The Grand Touring was too expensive for my budget and it had a lot of features I did not need. I ended up driving off with and Touring and I am very happy with the features I have. I gained my automatic lock keychain, cruise control, and bluetooth. Music and audio are two very important things to me, and the sound system in this car is one of, if not, THE best stock systems I've ever heard. I feel safe when driving this car, I feel like I am driving a reliable car, and I know that the money that will go into this car will be money VERY well spent. I did tons of research on cars before purchasing this one because I needed to find the RIGHT car for me, and the Mazda3 is hands down the right, and best, car for me. I suggest ANYONE looking into a new car try out the Mazda3, it will NOT disappoint."

LOVE THIS CAR.

By on Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pros: "price,style inside and out,fast."

Cons: "horn sound."

"I have a vw beetle 99 and it's been giving me some problems for quite some time, but the beetle is my dream car so I didn't want to give it up. It was time to go car shopping. My goal was to get another beetle but newer. so I went to the vw dealership, which is also a mazda car dealership. They didn't have any beetles I liked. I test drove one beetle (hated it) when I got back to the car dealership, I was waiting for the car dealer to come get the key. As I was waiting, I notice this cute different looking car which was the mazda 3. When the car dealer came out, I told I would like to see this car. So he let me test drive it and it was love at first sight/drive. After that I wanted this car, I must have this car. Everyone told me before I set my heart on this car to test drive other cars. So I did, I checked out ford fiesta,honda civic,hyundai elantra. I liked the elantra had a similar look inside to the mazda3. I'm 5'7 and everytime I got into the elantra, I bump my head. the car dealer told me "I would get use to it". I told him "I don't wanna buy a new car that I have to get use to bumping my head." After trying out all these cars, I was still in love with the mazda3 and was determined to get it. I had my mazda3 for only 4 days now and couldn't be happier. Now I didn't get a brand new one. I got a 2010 with power locks and windows and of course with the bluetooth so I can play my ipod touch. I got a very long car payment length but I can see this car style look ain't getting outdated no time soon.I don't have that many cons the horn is like very soft that it makes me laugh when I beep at someone, there is alot of trunk space which I'm not use to. This is a must have car."

What a bargain!

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"I purchased a fully loaded 3 GT in March and couldn't be happier with my purchase! It's a blast to drive even though I think it could benefit from some additional power. With all the bells and whistles that this car comes with, I can't believe it can be had for under $30k! It only took a 20 minutes behind the wheel of one to figure out that the redesigned 3 was right for me. The interior is better than some cars costing twice(!) as much design is eye candy. Mazda doesn't forget about the small details either - I love how the climate controls blink red or blue depending on how you are adjusting the temp and the ambient glow at night is just right. The looks of the new 3 are love or hate, and I for one was not one of its fans to begin with. Now that I've had it for awhile I have really warmed up to the styling and it makes just about everything else I see on the way to and from work look outdated. My neighbor liked mine so much, he purchased a 3 a month later. If you haven't yet, go test drive one and thank me later!"

Perfect

By on Friday, September 4, 2009

"This is my first car I have ever bought and I absolutely love it. First of all its Beautiful. The new design added a level of class that was missing from the previous design. The drive is comfortable yet responsive ,and I must say sometimes its hard to stay under the speed limit, just because the sheer fun of it. Even the small stuff is done better on the Mazda3. like the glove compartment that has an extra cavity behind that you could fit your laptop and more into. I searched and searched for anything wrong with this car and the best i could do is the placement of the cup-holders, with which if you have a tall cup in it and have the manual version like I have, It can get in the way of your shifting. But that's just a small scratch on an otherwise perfect score. A+"

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "Holds Value, Responsive, Big glove box, Bluetooth"

Cons: "Road noise, voice command interface,"

"I bought the car with 33k miles on it and now im at 50k. havent seen any check engine lights. this car is seriously fun to drive. you can push it to its limits and it grips really well, especially with the peppy 2.5. The hatchback is a great choice over the sedan model, simply because you can carry a lot more cargo. great for long trips, grocery shopping, not to mention a cooler will fit with ease.the ride was jittery at first, then i upgraded to yokohomas, and noticed a signifigant difference. the fuel economy is alright. the engine is very easy to work on.the road noise isnt a huge problem but is higher than average. over all this car is great to commute in, its a sports car and a daily commuter in one."

Zippy, economical and comfortable!

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, economical, sporty"

Cons: "Doesn't hold it's value, cruise is extra."

"I bought this car new last year, with only 24 miles on it, and proceeded to drive it to the west coast from Minnesota- TWICE. Although I'm middle-aged and suffer some arthritis, I have felt my Mazda 3 is a very comfortable car- even after logging 10-14 hour days in it. The mileage is excellent: I get about 36 city and 40mpg highway, which is higher than the accompanying sales information promised. I also think it's a sporty-looking car. I have seen it turn heads. A down side for me is that I got the nylon seats, and I have a dog... white dog, black seats... the dog hair is extremely difficult to get out of the seat fabric. Also, I feel the paint scratches easily, though it may just be that this is my first black car and it shows up more. The biggest disappointments I've had are that cruise control did NOT come standard on my car, and just now I have learned that this make/ model certainly has not held it's value. Purchase price was $21K, and CV is only about $13!"