2009 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1247 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Quick, agile, efficient for the breed

By on Friday, September 9, 2011

Pros: "PRICE, POWER, HANDLING LOOKS..SOUNS SYSTEM"

Cons: "TORQUE STEER (BUT HEY IT IS WHAT IT IS, POWERFUL)"

"READY RED"

"I purchased my True red 2008 mazdaspeed3 (stock)two weeks ago had it up to 140mph with very stable solid ride. Interior still smells and looks like new. Plan to make it breath better, however no turbo updates, like to keep fuel economy on highway acceptable. Added rims with red lip..really turns heads..."ZOOM ZOOM""

"READY RED"

An excellent dependable fun car

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Dependable, fun quality car"

"I have owned this car since new, 8 years, and it has been absolutely trouble free. A very comfortable driving and quick vehicle, it is just fun to drive. The mechanicals are superb...no issues on engine or transmission....liked this one so much I bought a used one....and Same experience...great car!"

The Car Enthusiast's commuter car!

By on Thursday, July 30, 2015

Pros: "HANDLING DYNAMICS! reliablity, and efficiency"

Cons: "rust...everywhere! catch it early!"

"Great all around car for someone who truly enjoys driving, but also needs a reliable, practical commuter car. Handling dynamics are far superior to anything else in its class. I bought this car because I was driving 30k+ miles per year for work, and needed something reliable and fuel efficient, but didn't want to sacrifice driving fun. We also had another 2006 3i at the time, so I knew of its handling and reliability already. My 2006 3s served as autocross race car for 3 full seasons, netting 2 class championships at the regional level, and doing so on one set of race tires. Street tires have consistently lasted 60-70k miles for me, no problem. In fact, most everything seems to last a long time on this car: didn't burn out a single light bulb for over 8.5 years, original shocks/struts replaced at 144k only for upgrading to adjustable for autocross, original battery replaced after 9+ years, front brakes last 50k+, rears last 100k+, original clutch still going strong at 188k. Gas mileage varies from 30mpg mixed to 35-37 all highway. The only non-wear parts that have needed replacing have been A/C compressor and motor mounts. The other downside is the inevitable rust that seems to plague all Mazdas of this vintage. I do live in the heart of the rust belt, but have taken good car of the car's exterior. Still, the rust is starting to grow everywhere. Nothing perforated, but at least 10-12 different places where rust is forming. For me, the car has a lot of miles now, so it doesn't bother me quite as much, but I still think that this should not be happening to a car that's only nearing its 10th birthday. Car also has intermittent check engine light for EVAP system, which developed around 180k (yes, I've replaced the gas cap). It runs fine with the light on, so it doesn't concern me any. Other random complaints are: not enough seat adjustability, clutch pedal feel could be a little better, but I've driven much worse (anything made by VW), and EXTREMELY non-linear throttle mapping. 1/4 throttle on the pedal is really like 1/2 throttle and there is literally no difference between 3/4 and full throttle on the pedal, 3/4 throttle is full throttle. This may work for automatics, giving the average idiot the feeling that the car is peppier than it really is, but it makes it more difficult to get used to and annoying on a manual transmission car. But overall, the best car I've ever owned and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another of the same generation or newer. It started my passion for Mazdas, and now I currently own 3 of them."

great car

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, easy to handle great in the snow"

"I bought this car brand new and I loved when I bought and it is one of the best cars I have ever owned never had any problems with it never went to garage for any problems since I bought. I would recommend the Mazda 3i touring to anyone looking for a great car"

Great gas efficiency & reliable

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fuel efficient, nice body"

Cons: "average stereo system, no leather seats"

"3 year owner of Mazda 3 and very happy with no issues to report. Great fuel efficiency has saved me lots of money at the pump. Was going to trade it in for a bigger car since I have 2 kids, but decided to keep it for my commuter car. I tinted the back windows and now it's perfect! Seat come down in back to make a bigger trunk."