2008 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1250 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Great for the $

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Reason: Got new Lexus

"Very Reliable. After 135k miles, I felt comfortable enough to sell this car to my brother without fear that it was going to fall apart on him. The car has is fun and feels like a much more expensive sports car. It has tight sharp handling and decent pick up for a car I only spent $18k on in 2005. In the years I owned it the only things I have ever replaced were things that normal wear and tear required. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced vehicle but doesn't want to cut too many corners on performance."

Reliable, fun, and strong mechanical engineering!

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, reliable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Smaller than competition, but who cares!"

"I've had this car since 2008, bought the Mazda pre-owned and it is a 2007. I've have had no problems with this car mechanically and it still feels new at 76k. I have had road trips with this car with a full load of cargo and people and the engine has enough torque and horsepower for its duties! I have also used this car to haul cargo and, it might at the small end, this car has enough room to haul everything. My only complaints are the clutch, brakes, and a/c. The clutch gets troublesome (on some occasion) getting into 2nd or 3rd, the brakes have to be resurfaced (which isn't a big problem and they are cheap to get that service done), and the a/c is not as "cold" as the Corolla, Civic, and the Sentra. Overall, I love this vehicle and would get another one again! It is a reliable vehicle that is fun-to-drive, gets excellent gas mileage (i got 35 MPG on the freeway and about 25-32 MPG in the city), and no mechanical issues. I recommend this vehicle for new car buyers and it is a different car to drive to its competitors. Bravo Mazda!"

Terrific Car.

By on Monday, September 9, 2013

Pros: "Fast, responsive, good handling, nice styling"

Cons: "Road noise, leg room"

"I had owned a 2000 Honda Civic EX that I traded in for the 2007 Mazda 3 Hatchback. The Honda is underpowered compared to the Mazda. For a car its size, the Mazda 3 Hatchback 2.3L engine has excellent acceleration, and much more torque than the Civic EX. I cannot imagine what the even faster Mazda Speed 3 is like with its extra 100 hp! The handling of my Mazda is excellent. "Zoom-Zoom" may be an advertising slogan, but it's a pretty honest one when describing the Mazda 3 Hatch back. My only criticisms of this car are the leg room (I'm 6'2"), and the road noise (common to most small cars). Also, with the more powerful engine, the Mazda 3's gas mileage is lower than the Civic's, but still very good. I would not hesitate to buy another Mazda 3 Hatchback...although, I prefer the styling of my '07 to the new 2014 model. Anyway...I intend to keep this one forever. It's a torquey little beast!"

Very reliable...good mileage..exc. handling

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

"A great value for an economy car"

Great car for the money

By on Sunday, August 4, 2013

Pros: "nimble, light, good sound system, hatchback"

Cons: "suspension system - requires replacement early"

"I own a G37coupe by infiniti, an acura TL, and the 3hatchback. I'm happy with all three cars but the mazda is just a fun little car. it's light, nimble, comfortable, and the hatchback makes it very versatile. for the people considering this car, I highly recommend it."

Amazing Little Car

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive, Reliable."

"I've owned my Mazda 3S since I bought it new in 2005. This car is a lot of fun to drive, it's reliable, and fast.I don't really have anything bad to say about the vehicle, although some Mazda dealerships like to take the customer for a service ride, as very little goes wrong with the vehicle itself."

Great for a cheap car to get around

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "good mpg, fun to drive, nice interior, good handli"

Cons: "a little goofy looking on older models"

"im 17 and my first car is an 07 mazda 3 hatchback 2.3 liter we got off craigslist. I think its a great car, handles real well, almost like you'd expect from a sports car but its coming from a cheap little economical car. Gas milage is ok, around 22.3 mpg, according to the computer average (although new ones are supposedly around 36 or something). Interior looks great, pretty spacious for a small car, although back seat is tight if you are hauling your friends everywhere. The engine accelerates alright, like you'd expect from a four cylinder, nothing special but works for me. Stereo sounds great coming from a stock system. Manual mode works fine, shifts when you tell it to and you can bring it up to redline and it wont automatically shift for you (although i never really use it because it is pretty pointless without a clutch). Only problems I have had with it so far is the plastic skidplate (if thats what you'd call it) has come unbolted on one side under the engine, and the powersteeriing cap has popped off (probably wasn't on tight). The only complaint i have with this car is the look of the back end. It's not terrible but it does look a little goofy, and i have had it called a mom's car a few times. If you are looking for a good, reliable, cheap car with good mpg and a sporty feel, I would definitely recommend looking at the mazda 3, especially the newer ones with the skyactiv engines if you can afford it."

most reliable car ever

By on Friday, May 17, 2013

Pros: "handling, price, reliability, durability"

Cons: "rear toe out, uneven rear tire wear, poor windows"

"this car has tken me all over the united states. Ive put some punishing miles on it, sometimes driving for over 24 hours straight. My little car has never once left me on the side of the road. even though it is time to replace it, I would love to have another. I have (not bragging) hit more animals than I care to count and still the car came back for more. I live in rural NC and have terrible luck with deer. still though. Car is tough as nails and reliable.reliable.reliable. If I had to do it over again all I would change is the color. I had the blueish purple color."

Best car ever.

By on Thursday, May 2, 2013

Pros: "reliable and fuel efficient"

Cons: "back seat isn't really big enough for grown ups"

"Great gas mileage, no serious repairs in almost 150,000 miles, drives like a go cart( so much fun) and reasonably priced. I got this car new and have loved it. I've owned Audi's and Acura's that both almost put me in the poor house with repairs and premium gas but neither of those cars could compare to my little Mazda 3!"

Excellent Car

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "fund to drive, reliable, value"

Cons: "road noise, tire wear"

"I bought this car new back in 2007 (left over 2006 model). At that time the competition was lacking. Mazda offered a smart looking car with good interior for the price plus a sporty fun drive. Reliability has been great. I have only had wear parts replaced. I even have the stock battery still! I have driven from PA to Oklahoma a couple times with the car overloaded with furniture and luggage, I have driven it on harsh dirt/muddy/rocky mountain "roads" (work demands), and city roads. I did replace the sprockets but I blame that on myself for taking a definite street car on mountain trails usually reserved for jeeps, 4X4 lifted trucks, and bulldozers (I worked on gas drilling pads. The tires for the 17" wheels are an odd size so they tend to be slightly pricey, but brakes and rotors are cheap enough. The only alterations I've made is installing a K&N air filter (NOT a cold-air intake) and I am getting 31mpg on my country road commute. (Note I have the manual transmission) The biggest issue with the car is road noise and tire wear. The car is designed to have a sporty feel, so rear tires are set from factory with an aggressive camber which will tires faster if you don't rotate regularly. It is a rough drive compared to my wife's 2007 Volvo, but that's hardly a fair comparison. Gears on the manual are close together. You can tell it was developed in Japan where the highway speeds tend to stay under 60mph. The car will reach 113(its e-limited) and cruises easily at 80, but you'll wish you had another gear to improve the gas mileage at those speeds My dash has developed a crack in the very front plastic dash panel. Probably wouldn't notice it if the plastic wasn't lighter in the middle then the surface (black interior), and one of the climate control nobs stop illuminating. Other than that, its good as new, if you ignore the cosmetic damage I've incurred by pretending I was driving a pickup with a 12" lift kit."

Excellent sporty hatch back for the money

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Unbelievably reliable, handling, fast enough!"

Cons: "Center console intrusive, cheap materials."

"I cross-shopped everything in it's class, and 5 years later I've still very happy with my purchase. Typically unbelievable Japanese reliability--only one service in 5 years/66,000 miles, for a broken rear shock. Cheap and easy fix. The car handles as well as anything out there, and has plenty of power for a small, non-turbo car. 0-60 in 7.5 sec. Not bad! My only real complaint is the center console intrudes into the driver leg tunnel, and my right knee/shin bumps into it constantly. Over a long trip it gets annoying. But that is a minor complaint. Also, some materials are just too cheap. I had some body work literally fall off, since they are held on by small plastic clips. Definitely cost-cutting there. And the interior materials are relatively cheap, with hard plastics everywhere. But hey--it's a cheap car! I paid $21,000 for it new, and it's loaded with every option except navigation and auto (I prefer a stick). The transmission is excellent, as is the throttle response and razor sharp, pinpoint handling. While there a are definitely 'better' cars out there, FOR THE MONEY, you can't beat this if you want a versatile 'hot' hatch. Gas mileage is also lagging, getting about 27 on the hwy (not good for a small car), but at least it runs on regular fuel! Overall, despite some demerits, it's an exceptional small car."

I'm in love with my 05 mazda3 hatchback

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "space and comfort, plus its pretty fast :P"

Cons: "slow/jerk into 2nd gear on cold start"

"I absolutely love my mazda3 hatchback! I can't really think of anything I don't like about it. Maintenance is minimal. Recently just changed my thermostat but that wasn't major. Only thing that bothers me is the slow/jerk into 2nd gear (I own an automatic/eshift and can still feel this kick) not sure why it does it but after letting the car warm up it goes away! Other than that this car is fun to drive and I feel safe :)"

Pretty good car!

By on Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pros: "Sporty and small, yet roomy enough inside"

Cons: "made pretty cheaply"

"Last car I had was a Nissan Altima. The Mazda 3 is definitely made much cheaper, doesn't feel so solid. It's got a lot of road noise, but that doesn't bother me. I love how many cupholders it has! Engine seems pretty good, but it is often slow shifting into second, then jerks slightly when it shifts. I love the pick-up, and it looks really sporty, yet ok for a family car. Over all, I love it!"

Great desgin for the price / very functional

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

"excellent ride after 100,000 miles. has been very reliable good on gas. Min. upkeep"

Expect repairs

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pros: "Durable body, fast, gas mileage, good interior"

Cons: "Mechanical deffects"

"I've owned my 07 mazda 3 for less than a year now. common deffects include emissions leak, thermostat temp needs fixing, outter tie rod ends need replacing, but durable body."

GREAT CAR!

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Great Value, Comfy"

Cons: "Not great for heavy snow"

"I love my Mazda3. The handling is extremely smooth but not great for Maine winters with the current tires I have- 16" rims. The dual transmission def. comes in handy as I often drive it in manual in the winter due to this car has alot of "get-up and GO!""

Really great car!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

"I bought this car new in 2007 and have been very happy with it. I replaced the factory-issue tires with high quality all season tires, which is a much better choice for driving in Washington. Otherwise, it has only required regular maintenance and is super reliable. It is very gas efficient and fits into tiny parking spaces. Also, you can fit an amazing amount of things in the back."

The most fun car I have ever owned!

By on Saturday, March 31, 2012

Pros: "Great price, great fun to drive. Awesome engine!"

Cons: "Slightly jarring ride, road noise, torque steer."

The beast about to be unleashed!!

"My fun factor went way up the day I bought this car. It looks great, handles great and the engine is a beast! The interior quality is top-notch in this class. The overall build quality is well above average with with tight tolerances throughout. The seats are a mixed bag. The leather and Alcantara materials are high end but the side bolsters are a little too aggressive and become uncomfortable on long trips. The car handles like a sports car that costs much more. The suspension is firm although slightly jarring on sharp bumps. One word to describe the engine: AWESOME! Pulls like a beast in all gears up to about 5500 RPM then levels off. Torque-steer is noticeably present in the first 3 gears. Watch out for that snap-steer into the wrong lane!! LOL."

The beast about to be unleashed!!

Best practical, yet sporty car out there!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Fast, practical, gas mileage, blast to drive"

Cons: "Front wheel drive (bad for serious racers)"

"I've had this car for four years and have had nothing but a great experience. It's very quick and drives smoothly. The car is easy to handle even with its speed. It is also a very practical sports car. I've hauled everything from a 50" TV to boxes from moving with the back seats folded down. It is incredibly roomy for being a sports car. I have had no problems with the car and the regular maintenance is pretty simple and easy to keep up with, especially compared to other sports cars. I get 27/32 MPG so it's easy on the wallet for gas as well. I've known other people young and older that also love this car. I highly recommend this car to anyone!"

Most fun car I've ever owned.

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, good value"

Cons: "Not a coast-to-coast drive"

"I call it my Pocket Rocket. Long distances or rough roads can wear on your rear end and kidneys. Terrific value."

Best Vehicles I have ever owned

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pros: "price, fuel economy, quality, zippiness, comfort"

Cons: "needs a trashbag recepticle"

"I am a die-hard Mazda owner having had several. The BEST are the ones Made in Japan. I had owned the Mazda 626 that was made in Michigan. In future, please American auto industry DO NOT try to make Japanese cars. You guys don't seem to get it quite the same way as do the Japanese auto makers ! My Mazda 3i touring was made in Japan and its awesome - rides well, zippy, no warranty issues, well-made, comfortable ergonomic seats and quality fittings - in every respect and I am an older driver, too. I can't fault it. I have had a Nissan,two honda Honda Civics, a Mitsubishi and 6 Mazdas.If you want an excellent reliable car, buy a Mazda that is Made in Japan !"

great car fun to drive handles great

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "all the goodies from basic to heated leather seats"

"love this car, good gas mileage,fast, handles turns on a dime, comfortable ride for me being 6'2 and 240lbs. looks sharp and has alot of features. over all great investment, 130,000 miles and rising on my 2006"

Outstanding Care, Great Value

By on Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pros: "reliability, versatility"

"I have 132k on th ecar with virtually no issue (broke an engine mount). Great to drive, very versatile, I get 33 highway driving 75 mph. in mixed driving I get 27."

since new--a super gr8 car

By on Friday, September 30, 2011

Pros: "sporty looks, nice sound system and exhaust; great price; great resale value; NICE"

Cons: "after 105K miles... this "Cons" stumps me!"

"Never had a Mazda before; now I know what zoom-zoom means! Wonderful gas mileage!!! Did put xenon headlights into it (a $600 dollar option if I recall correctly) and I love 'em! Headlights are adjustable too--3 degrees up"

this is a all around good car.

By on Thursday, September 22, 2011

I don't own this car

"i have never had any problems with this car. i've had it since 2005 and the only down side to my car is that the windshield is cracked on the passenger side and there are a couple of scratches on the driver back side. other than that it drives good and is very reliable. excellent first car!"