2008 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1249 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

A real driver's car

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"I traded in my almost-new Miata for this sedan, because my daughter would be sharing it with me and she was uncomfortable with a manual. I liked the idea of the Tiptronic-type transmission and I was not disappointed--it's almost as good as a stick shift for everyday driving, in many ways better. The engine is every bit as responsive as my Miata's, and the handling is the best I've ever experienced with a FWD. The SP edition adds leather and heated seats plus a sun roof and multi-disc CD-player, all of which I've used and enjoyed. The seating is supportive and comfortable and the heated seats are great for winter driving. Mileage has been about 26 mpg overall, and I have a pretty heavy foot. If there is any quibble at all, it would be that road noise can be intrusive over rough raods--but not around town. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable and commfortable sedan that also gets up and moves on command. I miss the Miata at times, but mostly for the convertible top and occasional rallying. Otherwise, the Miata3 was a perfect choice, and at 38,000 miles I have not had one complaint. Good job, Mazda!"

Love this car

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, gas mileage, quality interior"

"I've had this car 10 years, and still love it. The interior looks new. It runs perfectly. It's been in the shop only for regular maintenance. This model year has kind of a Volvo S40 look, which I like a lot better than the sporty, muscular style of the newer Mazda 3s. My only gripe - I'm starting to see a bit a rust on one of the back wheel wells. Highly recommend this car."

Ran over 75+ miles M-F

By on Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pros: "Reliable and 30 mpg"

Cons: "Mats wear out too quickly"

"Very sporty, very very reliable. My 4th Mazda in a row! I love my Mazdas. Just wish they had a small truck. It is economical and the biggest bang for your buck compared to Honda and Toyota. One time all my belts shredded and the car still got me to the mechanic about 3 miles away. It was hot and I hoped I didn't warp the heads. 2 belts replaced and I was back on the road again. Only thing I have replaced is tires, belts brakes and batteries. Maintain with tune ups and oil changes and you will have a loyal friend. Did I mention 30 mpg!"

Love this car!

By on Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pros: "great price and is holding its value well"

Cons: "fit and finish could be better"

"Bought this brand new. Have had it for 5 years and haven't had a bit of trouble with it. Some squeaks in fit and trim are my only complaint. Otherwise, it's fun to drive, gets great gas mileage and is sporty to look at."

Reliable, fun to drive, and economical

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

Pros: "Reasonably priced, enjoyed the ride, easy to park"

Cons: "Road noise at highway speeds annoying"

"A vapor leak was the only issue with this car since 30000 miles. Otherwise it has been consistently reliable and economical to drive."