2007 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1247 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Well worth the money

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Safety, sporty, roomy, great gas mileage, fun."

Cons: "wiper settings minimal"

"The Mazda3 is a great car for the conservative wanting to save money on gas and maintenance, for the new teenage that parents want to ensure their safety while giving their child the fun edgy look that teens want, and for the everyday errand family. The interior is nice but not overwhelming like some of the vehicles today (it looks like a car, not a space ship). Red Illumination to tell you your MPH, RPM's, radio. Steering wheel offers convenient access to volume, pre-set stations and mute. Safety galore. I purchased this after an accident in an SUV and needed to feel 'safe.' Car has good control & handling, large side mirrors, no blind spots, and 8 airbags, including drop down airbags from the window. Car is roomy, even in the back seat. the trunk easily fits sports gear AND suitcases/bags. Very large for the size car. Gas mileage has always been in low 30's for me. As silly as it sounds the only thing I wish the vehicle had is more settings with the windshield wiper. It's either very slow or very fast and no where in between. I find myself more often just pushing it manually as needed."

decent vehicle overall

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, fast little car"

Cons: "a tad bit small and under-powered"

"I bought my 06 Mazda 3 2.3 hatchback about 2 years ago only because of the amazing deal I got on it. At the time I bought it I paid 5k for a car that blue booked at almost 10k so hence why I couldn't pass up this deal. It only had just under 72k miles on it which was another good thing as well. When I first bought it I was very skeptical about the car cause I am normally a GM vehicle type of guy and really don't care for foregin cars too much. But now that I have been driving it for the last few years I must say that this car is an amazibng fun little car. I have driven it all over the place and put on just over 45k miles and havent really had too much of replacing to do to the vehicle besides the usual things like new tires and transmission/oil changes. Overall I must say that this car has treated me well and am very happy with it!!"

Zippy, roomy and reliable

By on Friday, April 13, 2012

Pros: "Speed, handling, styling, space"

Cons: "Road noise, dodgy factory tires"

"The 2004 Sleek Black Beauty was my first new car, at age 39, bought after careful consideration and a prominent consumer reporting agency's glowing recommendation. My 3 is still speedy and fun to drive. No maintenance beyond oil changes and a new battery last year. I like that I can fit my road bike in the back. It's an excellent blend of style, economy and practicality. The stock tires were worthless in anything but dry conditions. Road noise is pronounced, especially if you like driving with the windows down, as normal people do."

Outstanding vehicle

By on Sunday, October 14, 2007

"I bought a 2006 Mazda 3 hatchback in June, 2006, and couldn't be happier more than a year later. Even with every option in the Grand Touring edition, including navigation, the car cost less than 25k--what a steal! And you get so much more in this vehicle than in comparably priced cars. It is zippy, handles exceptionally well, and has a great sound system and outstanding interior design features. I am not getting the mileage other drivers are reporting--the best I get is 26-27mpg and I do almost entirely freeway driving (although often in traffic)--but I still think the fuel economy is good. The only additional bell and whistle I would like are power seats which I do not think were available in the 2006. I also strongly prefer a soft trunk cover to the hard shell tonneau that comes with this vehicle. It is difficult to take in and out and to store so you really have to plan ahead if you think you'll need the full rear space. On the plus side, when it isn't there and the back seats are flat, you'll be amazed at how much fits in this car! My two huge dogs and luggage easily fit for a weekend escape. Our other car is a Lexus RX, but we always drive the Mazda if we're going somewhere together. They aren't kidding about the zoom-zoom. This car is way more fun to drive than the Lexus."

A real driver's car

By on Friday, July 6, 2007

"I traded in my almost-new Miata for this sedan, because my daughter would be sharing it with me and she was uncomfortable with a manual. I liked the idea of the Tiptronic-type transmission and I was not disappointed--it's almost as good as a stick shift for everyday driving, in many ways better. The engine is every bit as responsive as my Miata's, and the handling is the best I've ever experienced with a FWD. The SP edition adds leather and heated seats plus a sun roof and multi-disc CD-player, all of which I've used and enjoyed. The seating is supportive and comfortable and the heated seats are great for winter driving. Mileage has been about 26 mpg overall, and I have a pretty heavy foot. If there is any quibble at all, it would be that road noise can be intrusive over rough raods--but not around town. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable and commfortable sedan that also gets up and moves on command. I miss the Miata at times, but mostly for the convertible top and occasional rallying. Otherwise, the Miata3 was a perfect choice, and at 38,000 miles I have not had one complaint. Good job, Mazda!"