2006 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1249 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

i'd buy another...

By on Monday, August 13, 2007

"mazda's best attribute is value. you really get a lot for the money. all around great car for the price. it's produced as a PZEV(partial zero emissions vehicle) for california. better for the environment! have really enjoyed driving it..."

Love my Zoom-Zoom

By on Friday, August 10, 2007

"Best car for the money available. My 3 I Touring, 5spd Manual gets 31mpg city and 38hwy. Only complaint would be that at around 35000 miles the shocks were getting noticeably soft. For such a light vehicle driven on relatively smooth roads, so few miles seems rather silly. Now at 50,000 they are still safe, and the car still handles well, but certainly not like when new. Amazing reliability. I drive around 30,000 miles per year and I've never had a single issue with the car."

Professional, Quick, Inexpensive Car

By on Thursday, August 9, 2007

"This car has a great mix of reliability and sportiness. The only complaint I have is the seats can show wear, but then again I have driven it 57k miles in the first two years! The car is comfortable for long trips and the special edition model gives you luxury for a great price!"

First New car ever, very happy

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"This was the first car I bought brand new and have had it for over a year and 16k+ miles. Never any problems with the car. It is not very comfortable for a lot of highway driving, so if that is your thing buy a civic. It is very versitile and I have been able to put more in the back of my Mazda than my wifes Maxima. I average 29mpg and my commute is basically back roads. So not Highway but not stop&go either. The clutch engages very far up, which is a big difference from a honda/acure, and the gearbox travel is pretty long. You cannot beat the power, this car moves."

Best Car Ive ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Pros: "Styling and performance and of course reliablity"

Cons: "A/C controls are terrible.. wears out tires quick"

M3GT

"I drive this car 100 miles a day 6 days a week.. has never let me down.. I'm rough on this car and it never misses a beat!! only issues I have had are the A/C control knobs do not work well and thermostat needed to be replaced at 120K I average about 24.5 mpg with a heavy foot.. I'm looking to buy a newer one.. may keep this as a backup. Great Car!"

M3GT

Great 2nd car, new tire, battery & brakes 40 MPG

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive"

Cons: "no auto door lock, roll up windows"

07 Mazda3, auto, air, new tires battery, brakes runs great! 83,000 40 MPG

"Excellent condition, used for 2nd car, great in or out of town car, NEW tires, battery and front brakes, 83,000 CD, Air, basic car."

07 Mazda3, auto, air, new tires battery, brakes runs great! 83,000 40 MPG

The name implies it all...

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "Affordability, Power, Options"

Cons: "FWD"

"Not very often can you find a value sports car that will keep pace with just about any 40K+ production car. The Speed3 is one of the greatest achievements in budget sports cars in a long time. Not only is it very easy to pull more power from, but it also has many options such as limited slip differential and 6-speed manual transmission. These are options that are usually afforded to cars from makers such as BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz. 0-60 in under 5 seconds and a top speed limited at 155 mph (and yes, it will do both), but it still has room for groceries, a toddler and will not jar you to death under normal driving conditions. Space in this car comes at a premium, but with a car that weighs a tad over 3100 pounds, it can be expected to be a bit tight and still maintain usability of the rear hatch. Handling is second-to-none and will blow the doors off of any similar car from Dodge or Chevrolet (namely the SRT-4 and Cobalt SS). It sticks with even the stock 215/45-18's Overall, this is a fantastic car to drive around town and still has the ability to drop off the kid and take on the twisting back roads as if it were made as a part of the road."

I'm still in love with it 2 years later

By on Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Pros: "Runs great!, sleek design, controls, handles great"

Cons: "Loud road noise"

"When I bought my 2009 mazda3 sedan in 2011, it had 66k miles on it. It's now around 160k and its running perfectly with routine work (oil changes, etc) I've never had any sort of mechanical or electrical issue..this is the most reliable car I've ever owned (previous owner of Nissan, gmc, and Toyota). There are no huge, really weird blind spots like in some cars, I feel like I can always see around me very well while driving, which makes it extra comfortable driving. I love the exterior design and never get tired of it. It's comfortable for long trips with easy to use controls. I love being able to control my audio settings on the steering wheel. Most cars have that now, but our other car doesn't and it makes the world of a difference not having to bend or reach to change the disc/song. I use the auxiliary cord that's located in the center console to plug in my phone or iPod all the time and it works great. There is also a power port located in there as well as the standard cigarette outlet on the dash. I have only personally sat in the back seat once or twice as I am the primary driver, and I am by no means big, but the back seat is surprisingly comfortable and not as crammed as I would have thought. Nowhere near a 2-door with bucket seats style. My brother is 6'6" and he says the he is perfectly fine in the back seat. Speaking of room, the trunk space will AMAZE you. From the outside the trunk looks like it would be tiny, but it isn't at all. That was such a pleasant surprise when I purchased the car. For some reason, my car's reverse gear tends to stick a little, but it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. I think my only true complaint about the Mazda 3 is that the road noise can be a little loud. Most of the time I have my music up so it doesn't matter on my alone drives to work, but when I have my mom or grandmother in the car, it can be a little annoying to have to speak up a bit over the road noise. Thus might be because i have a manual transmission? i dont kniw it the automatics would have the same issue. Im thinking it might just be so loud because if the stick. Another thing that I really like about the car is that when an alert for something comes on, such as tire pressure, the car beeps to get your attention. I wish it did it for when the gas light comes on though.. Maybe there is a way to set that. While speaking of gas, the Mazda 3 has a small tank, so if you do regular long commutes then this might not be the most practical car for you. I commute about 40 mi round trip to work 5 days a week and I usually have to fill up my tank every 6 to 7 days depending on other errands. That might be pretty average, but it seems like overkill compared to my last gas tank. This isn't the most important detail in the world, but everyone seems to love this about my car.. As well as 2 standard cup holders in the center console, there is also a cup holder in each of the 4 doors. Water bottles fit perfectly in them and my mother thinks it's the best idea to have cup holders in the doors. Sometimes the little touches make it complete. I love my car and would recommend it to most people. It's also supposed to be in the highest ranked safety ratings!"

Love my Mazda3

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Drives like a sports car, stickshift is most fun"

Cons: "Interior trunk release doesn't work"

"I bought my 2009 Mazda 3 iTouring 4D sedan used in 2011. The car was in excellent condition, almost like brand new but much cheaper. I drive the manual transmission. If you can drive a stickshift, get a Mazda 3 with a manual transmission - it's like driving a sports car. I prefer a stickshift and it's getting harder & harder to find good cars with stickshifts. It was easier to find a Mazda with a stickshift. I test drove other Mazda 3's that were base models (no electronic doors, windows etc) but I prefer all of the bells & whistles of iTouring edition. I love my car. It drives great, runs great and is probably the best car I've ever owned. I selected the Mazda 3 because the interior was so roomy, I love all of the features & because it had a manual transmission. I researched many cars and poured through the annual car issue of Consumer Reports, which gave high reviews to the Mazda 3 (as new & as a used vehicle). The glove box is very roomy & the trunk has a lot of room although you couldn't tell it by looking at it from the outside. The only downsides are that the tire pressure sensors have had to be replaced on most tires (which may be due to the car or the fact that the roads I drive on are in such terrible condition). The interior trunk release doesn't work anymore & I can only open the trunk with the button on the remote. Overall, I would highly recommend this car."

I love this car!

By on Thursday, May 31, 2012

"Love it! I had a 1992 Mazda protege before this and naturally gravitated towards Mazdas. I was in for a pleasant surprise in the car. It drives great and hasn't given me one bit of trouble. The gas mileage is about what they say (maybe a tad less due to the fact I want to zoomzoom faster than I should. The trunk is enormous and when you put the seats down it can hold all kinds of stuff. My only complaint is in the field of vision. The side pieces of the car that frame the windshield combined with the large casings that hold the rear view mirrors make for a large blind spot when turning or going around a curve. I usually have to shift about in my seat to assure I can really see that it's clear to turn. Other than that I have no complaints. I love this car!"

Good car for the money

By on Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good MPG, good value."

Cons: "Loud on the road, weak A/C"

"I've had this car for almost 3 years. It's been reliable thus far, and it is a fun car to drive. I'm better at picking out things that bother me than listing things I like, so I'll keep with that and give some feedback. The car is fairly noisy, especially at high speeds. Because it's lightweight, it sometimes feels a bit unpredictable, particularly when it's windy. If you live in a hot climate, you will NOT like the A/C. It takes a while to get cool, and it's not very powerful. Door panels seem a bit flimsy. I've had some issues with my windows not wanting to go down when the car gets too hot, and the audio sometimes fades to one speaker and then back to all. Tires for this car a fairly expensive as it requires low profile tires to fit the wheel-well and the wheel. This sounds like a lot of negatives, but when you consider how many different components there are to a car, I think this is a short list. It has great space when you put the back seats down. It's fast and sporty, even without the SPEED package. Gas mileage is great, as I get around 27mpg city and have gotten up to 33mpg highway, but normally I get 30-31mpg. It has a good audio system. Finally, it's a very good looking car (even more so with tinted windows)."

Best Mazda OUT !!!

By on Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pros: "Reliable, Fun, Cheap Maintence, Safe in Accidents"

Cons: "Only one power outlet, bad in snow."

When I first bought the 2006 Mazda3.

"I LOVE this car ! This is my second car and it holds up very well with my still new driver like driving. I'm not going to lie, I drive a little crazy, but this car can handle it. I was in pretty bad accident and only came out with a bruise from the seat belt. The car itself was almost totaled in the accident, but I still have it now and am having a hard time deciding to sell it. I really love this car, it handles extremely well, it's sporty, and the maintenance isn't that expensive. The headlights are extremely expensive though (I know from accident) ! I love the sunroof, although, like all Mazda's, it's small. I went up a curb and broke my axle and I drove on it for 6 months like that because even though I complained to 4 mechanics about it, none of them noticed it until I made them take it apart. The car handles great in the heat and rain, however, because it's somewhat light for a car, it does not handle well in the snow. I love this car and I don't want to part with it, but the miles are getting up there and I think the new Mazda3's are ugly, so I won't get another. By the way, the BOSE speakers and seat warmers are AMAZING !!"

When I first bought the 2006 Mazda3.

it is a good car

By on Thursday, September 8, 2011

"its a good car to own if u have a small family. its sporty and fun to drive. gets great gas mileage and it looks great."

A great car

By on Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pros: "Decent mileage, great space"

"I bought this car before I went to college with 26,000 miles on it. Here I am 6 years later, in grad school with 105,000 miles and a great car. I've had minor issues with headlights burning out (more often than usual) but as far as the engine/transmission, etc goes - it's been a solid car. The amount of space in the car is also pretty great. I've had to move several times and after I put the seats down I can basically fit my life inside the trunk! (Perhaps sadly, I can fit my life in the trunk)."

Rocket for young man

By on Saturday, November 8, 2008

"Nice acceleration, sweet style, easy to pass a Z350 on highway, good fuel economy. Road noise is a litttle bit high."

Best City Car

By on Friday, February 29, 2008

"Car is great around town. Not all that comfortable on long trips, particularly for normal sized adults. Styling is great, mechanically sound, but slightly underpowered. Great value for the money and economical to run. Better looking than the Mazda 6 series."

Great Performer

By on Monday, January 14, 2008

"This is a great small performance car for the money. However, you'll need snow tires if you intend to drive on snow covered roads to maintain control of the car. Also, not a commuter car since the tire treadwear will barely give you 35,000 miles due to having performance tires. Hatch space is limited along with rear leg room. Basically, a great car for the single person or couple who don't require cargo space or rear leg room. You may want to consider the Mazda 6 if these items are a requirement for you!"

A quality car with a few issues

By on Thursday, January 3, 2008

"I've owned my 05 Mazda 3 for 2 and a half years, put on 35000 miles, and have been quite pleased with the vehicle. It handles great, is a decent drive, and rides relatively well for a small car. Plus, the gas mileage is solid (around 35mpg on the highway). My one minor complaint is that the stereo has a short in it so that at random times the entire front left speaker system seems to not work; the dealership has checked it twice and says they can't find anything wrong with it. My one major complaint is that I can't seem to keep the vehicle in alignment. The car went out of alignment and ate up the tread on the inner half of the factory tires. I got the alignment fixed and new tires; took it on one road trip (about 1400 miles total) and out of alignment again--the new tires now wearing unevenly, exactly as the factory tires did. Went back to dealership, they fixed the alignment again, and within a month I noticed same tendencies repeating. Not sure if this issue is a factory defect or just my particular vehicle, but this recurring issue has strained my nerves a bit. Nonetheless, I still think it is a good vehicle and would rank it as one of the 3 best vehicles (out of 8) I have ever owned."

Great Quality

By on Monday, October 1, 2007

"I have always had European cars (Audi and Saab) and have to say that this car had all the bells and whistles for half the price. Very peppy car, but the body could have been a little more durable. Overall, a great all around car for the price!"

Good value

By on Thursday, September 20, 2007

"I have really enjoyed my Mazda 3. It's spunky, has a sleek interior design, and is looks sharp! My only complaints are with the paint. It seems to chip extremely easily and the vehicle has poor performance on ice. In icy or snowy conditions, I often have to shift into second gear just to get moving from a stop light! Otherwise, I just love my Mazda 3!"

04 3s hatchback

By on Friday, August 3, 2007

"I purchased this car new in 04 and love it. It is fun to drive and very responsive. In response to others that complain about the road comfort, you can't have handling like this and a cushy ride at the same time. It is designed more for performance than comfort although it has one of the most comfortable seats I have eber used. The only weak point is the original tires that wore out at 14k. Ride improved tremendously after replacing with Michelins."

Best in class

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I have had my Mazda3 (2006 s touring sedan) for over a year now and I still love it. :-) Compared to other cars in its class (Civic, Corolla, etc.), the Mazda3 is the most fun to drive, has the best options/price, and has the best styling (at least in my opinion :-)). Anyone looking for a car in this class should definitely test drive a Mazda3 and see for themselves."

WHAT I'VE DREAMED OF.

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"It took 4 long months of looking at other vehicles but never could find a car that could shake the feeling I had for this car. This was the First car I have ever purchased and regreted not buying it the first day I went out to look for a car. Let's put it this way, I've had the car for 1month and 2days and have already put 2,182miles on it. I can't stop driving it, All I hear when I close my eyes is, "ZOOM, ZOOM , ZOOM"....!"

Great sporty sedan

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"This car has been wonderfully reliable, no problems with performance based on just regular maintainance. Great gas mileage for both city and highway, yet also has fun 'pick-up'. I love the sporty look of the vehicle, but there's also plenty of room for my passengers and a large trunk for storage space. The Consumer Report rated this vehicle very highly, and I agree."

Great for the $

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Reason: Got new Lexus

"Very Reliable. After 135k miles, I felt comfortable enough to sell this car to my brother without fear that it was going to fall apart on him. The car has is fun and feels like a much more expensive sports car. It has tight sharp handling and decent pick up for a car I only spent $18k on in 2005. In the years I owned it the only things I have ever replaced were things that normal wear and tear required. I would recommend this car to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced vehicle but doesn't want to cut too many corners on performance."