2005 Mazda MAZDA3

Based on 1250 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

Extremely reliable car - 250 miles per week

By on Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pros: "Reliability , handling , power , and looks"

Cons: "Uncomfortable interior ,"

"I bought this car new from a dealership in 08 .After a year of test driving every compact Import it was the styling that sold me on the Mazda 3 . It has sports car power and handling , nice paint , and audio is great . The cons ?? Seating material is hard and irritating on bare skin . Seat comfort , especially on long trips is poor . I have 60000 miles now and it has been back to the dealership twice for recall work . Other than that no other problems . I also like to brag that the brake pads are original and still have twenty percent of the pad material left . If you are looking for a car that holds it's value , is attractive , fast , handles great and avoids the repair shop then this is the car you want ."

decent vehicle overall

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "great value, fun to drive, fast little car"

Cons: "a tad bit small and under-powered"

"I bought my 06 Mazda 3 2.3 hatchback about 2 years ago only because of the amazing deal I got on it. At the time I bought it I paid 5k for a car that blue booked at almost 10k so hence why I couldn't pass up this deal. It only had just under 72k miles on it which was another good thing as well. When I first bought it I was very skeptical about the car cause I am normally a GM vehicle type of guy and really don't care for foregin cars too much. But now that I have been driving it for the last few years I must say that this car is an amazibng fun little car. I have driven it all over the place and put on just over 45k miles and havent really had too much of replacing to do to the vehicle besides the usual things like new tires and transmission/oil changes. Overall I must say that this car has treated me well and am very happy with it!!"

Well worth the money

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Safety, sporty, roomy, great gas mileage, fun."

Cons: "wiper settings minimal"

"The Mazda3 is a great car for the conservative wanting to save money on gas and maintenance, for the new teenage that parents want to ensure their safety while giving their child the fun edgy look that teens want, and for the everyday errand family. The interior is nice but not overwhelming like some of the vehicles today (it looks like a car, not a space ship). Red Illumination to tell you your MPH, RPM's, radio. Steering wheel offers convenient access to volume, pre-set stations and mute. Safety galore. I purchased this after an accident in an SUV and needed to feel 'safe.' Car has good control & handling, large side mirrors, no blind spots, and 8 airbags, including drop down airbags from the window. Car is roomy, even in the back seat. the trunk easily fits sports gear AND suitcases/bags. Very large for the size car. Gas mileage has always been in low 30's for me. As silly as it sounds the only thing I wish the vehicle had is more settings with the windshield wiper. It's either very slow or very fast and no where in between. I find myself more often just pushing it manually as needed."

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"I have had this car for a couple months now and it is awsome! I did tons of research and every site and car magazine i read said it was best in it's class and now i understand why. I wanted NOTHING that performed like my 97' Altima, i didn't even want 4 doors. I test drove the Honda Civic Coupe and the Scion TC. The Mazda 3 gave me the best of both worlds. The comfort of the Civic with the performance of the TC, plus the reliability and re-sale value matched the Honda's and Toyota's as well. I never thought i would buy a sedan but here we are. I would recommend this car to anybody!"

best car ever owned

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Where to begin. This car is sexy. And it handles really well, while still getting good gas mileage. And durable! I had a guy hit me this winter, and put me in a wall at 60mph on the interstate. One little dent in the fender, and a new bumper later, I'm pretty much good as new. Any other sedan in that class would have accordianed beyond repair. Why anyone would look at a Corolla or Civic when this car is on the market is beyond me. And you'll notice I don't even consider the Cobalt or any of those domestic 'competitors'. I'm sorry, I've driven them all, researched them all, and none can hold a candle to the 3 for the money in its class. Only complaint: why can't they make the mazdaspeed in a sedan???? Do you hear me Mazdaspeed????"