2011 Mazda MAZDA2

8.3

Based on 45 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Good small car, but has design flaw

By on Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pros: "Good price, smooth drive"

Cons: "no console, windows fog easily"

"I love this car it's small but not tiny. And it gives me good gas mileage and has some nice comforts. The down side is no center console, and because of the interior design I find that in this car it fogs up easily. I must keep defroster on at all times."

Not bad for the price.

By on Monday, July 6, 2015

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, absolute joy"

Cons: "Could use a Center consul, more horsepower"

"I bought this car 3 months ago. Had 26 miles on it. Now almost 7k. Did great on a long trip to Florida from New York. Had to buy seat cushions. After about an hour your butt will be numb. Great size for a single person. Had a car seat in the back the past few days and had to have the driver seat all the up. My Mazda 2 came with Bluetooth. It doesn't always read my iPhone as a phone. Most of the time it will start playing music when I push the answer key. Doesn't like hills. I have the 5 speed manual transmission Pros. Great on gas. Almost 40mpg. Small tank. 11.3 gal. Cost about $25 to fill. Drives great. Great value. Over all a great car. Really fun to drive. Cons. No leg room in back. Trunk is very small. Doesn't like hills. For singles or 2 adults or teenagers. Only 100 hp $20 oil changes are no longer. uses OW-30 full synthetic motor oil. Mazda charged me about $77 for oil change and tire rotation that's after $20 off first service. If you are the only one in this car is will be great."

Great Car for the Price

By on Monday, March 21, 2016

Pros: "Mazda's Zoom Zoom Technology"

"I currently own this vehicle and it is a fun and joy to drive around. The maintenance is very inexpensive when compared to other vehicles and for a compact car it zips around. This is the second Mazda I have owned I highly recommend the brand."

Mazda2 AT Touring gets an A+

By on Thursday, June 4, 2015

Pros: "Solid ride & fun to drive. Great value."

Cons: "Trunk light switch. Don't forget to turn it off."

"I like the ride and that's what CR reviewers say is bad. It has a sporty ride that feels nice & rubbery on hard edge bumps. I used to race, so maybe that's why I like it. It's funny when reviewers criticize an economy car for lack of roominess, missing luxury appointments, and an absent silent cushy ride. Buy a Cadillac! This is a gas sipper that's solid, reliable and cheap! What do you want... a pony too?"

awesome little car with amazing handling&dynamics

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "greate price, extremely fun to drive"

Cons: "interior tech features lacking"

"I own a CX-5 and I got Mazda2 as a second car for my wife but I started driving this little more than my wife. The handling is amazing and the engine power is good enough for daily commute to office. It wont do good in hilly areas but it is not a concern to me. Amazing value for the price of car. The interior needs lots of improvement. Hopefully the 2016 mazda2 announced recently addresses those issues."

Automatic transmission VERY laggy

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Fit & finish, ride & handling, braking, electrical"

Cons: "Laggy AND gutless in auto tranny version"

"There's a terrible lag between pressing on the accelerator pedal and when it actually moves. It's dangerous turning left across traffic. You try to ease on the gas and it just wont cooperate. I used to race motocross and this hits like an old 2-stroke dirtbike. At first it does almost nothing when you step on the gas. Then it moves a little. So you keep depressing the gas pedal and nothing happens until... it HITS and over-revs. But it's so underpowered it just makes a lot of over-rev noise before it finally lunges ahead. MPG is 28 mixed. All else with the rig is great."

Can't beat it for the price

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, fun to drive, very reliable"

Cons: "no clock"

"I got this when another car kept having engine problems and I had to get something quickly for not too much money. Being able to park in almost every tight spot is amazing, but also the car is zippy, cute, gets great gas mileage and not everyone has it. I feel lucky to have this car for the price."

best small car for the money

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

"good car, great on gas -- only car ever owned that beats epa estimates. interior quality leaves something to be desired. Trim is flimsy and tears easily when removed."

5000+ Mile Update / Review

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, Good commuter car, Cheap"

Cons: "Automatic transmission, Cargo space"

"I though some folks might appreciate a review / update from someone who's owned this car for a bit. Pros: -Perfect for it's intended use as a single person commuter vehicle, ideally in the city. If that is what you're after. this will do nicely. -Handling is sharp and nimble, good road feel through the steering wheel and pedals. Fun to drive in the city. Cons: -Automatic transmission. In a word, it's sluggish. It feels bogged down when you're pulling out of the driveway, and it feels like it's struggling to keep up at highway speeds. Sweet spot is about 40 mph. After about 3,500mi of driving the noise and vibration from it kicked up noticeably too. Definitely makes me concerned about it's long term reliability. Just get the stick shift and you'll be fine. I wish I did... -Not enough space for tall people It's very close though. I'm 6'1" tall, and I *almost* fit in it with the seat all the way back. My left leg runs out of room though and feels mildly uncomfortable on longer drives. Could use about 2-3 inches more space. If you're over 6 feet tall I would not recommend this car. -4 people + highway speeds not recommended With 4 adults in the car this thing feels overtaxed. I've driven 4 (including myself) on the highway several times and the car just feels like it's straining to maintain speed. The extra weight also makes the handling feel a little twitchy, which is unnerving at that velocity. Road noise levels make normal conversation difficult at highway speeds as well. -Dashboard makes occasional popping sound. I believe this is due to expansion/contraction during hot or cold days. Not terrible, but a little distracting. -Gas mileage is mediocre at best. I've been averaging about 30mpg combined, 60% on the highway. Summary: As I said in the beginning. If you intend to use this as a single person commuter car in the city it'll do just fine. It always feels very nice, even a little sporty at city speeds. If you intend to drive on the highway a lot get the stick shift, it has an extra gear (5 spd) resulting in lower rpms at highway speeds. If you're over 6' tall, don't buy this. If you intend to haul 3 passengers a lot, don't buy this. If cargo room is a concern, I don't think you should probably buy this either. Trunk can barely fit a single full size luggage. I still have fun with this car, but you always have to consider your needs and typical usage when looking at something this tiny. It can be a lot of fun to drive, but there are some definite limits to it's capabilities."

I have thoroughly enjoyed this vehicle.

By on Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pros: "Awesome deal. No problems !"

Cons: "No arm rest. Not a fan of the traction control ."

"I said I would never buy a set of payments, a new car, or a foreign one. I did all 3 and don't regret it one bit. Its been a great car. The gas mileage is awesome. The original tires lasted to almost 50k and the front brakes & rotors went beyond that point. It is a pleasure to drive."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Mazda MAZDA2 near Honolulu. See local deals