2011 Mazda CX-9

Based on 275 Ratings for the 2007 - 2015 models.

Excellent Vehicle

By on Sunday, February 10, 2008

"We previously owned a VW Touraeg and needed to upgrade to something w/a 3rd row. We looked at all the usual suspects in this vehicle class...Toyota Highlander, Acura MDX, Buick Enclave, etc. None of them drove as smoothly, handled as well or had the ZIP of the CX-9. Throw in the economical price as the trump card and it was an irresistable choice. We ended up buying the a black on black Touring edition with the Bose package. So far zero issues. Only small complaint is the lack of a trip computer...also there is no audible warning when the gas light comes on, so pay attention. We gave up some luxury features moving from the Touraeg, but the CX-9's performance, handling and economy have more than made up for the difference. I would highly recommend this vehicle."

Very good choice

By on Sunday, November 4, 2007

"I drove BMW's for a long time. When my last BMW X3 lease was finished I (at 74) decided to look at other brands which gave me the same or close overall performance. I ended up with the CX-9. I have driven this model for about one year on all kinds of roads and I am very satisfied."

I think it's a little pricey but I've enjoyed it.

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "reliable, dependable, sturdy, fun to drive"

Cons: "too pricey"

"I bought my 2007 CX9 in 2008. It is black with taupe leather interior. Comes with all the bells and whistles. I haven't had any problems with it. Great travel vehicle for the family. The kids can watch movies, play games and it can seat up to 7 people! The original battery lasted 6 years (not bad at all) and I just recently replaced it. I think the CX9's are a little pricey or perhaps we could have negotiated better. Thank goodness I can use regular gas otherwise a high monthly note on top of having to use the top grade gas would be a bit much to handle. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good dependable family car and can afford it. Thank goodness mine will be paid off soon!"

Great family vehicle

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "fast, quiet, rides good, comfortable seating"

Cons: "gas mileage, trying to get in the 3rd row"

"I have only had one problem out of this vehicle in 85,000. The air conditioning cabin filter got clogged and would not let the condensation out of the vehicle and shorted out my AC fan. It was a maintainace mistake on my part. One of the best SUV's out there"

Love it!

By on Sunday, September 26, 2010

"We bought this car when we only had 1 child. A week later we found out we were expecting another! So happy we went for the bigger CUV. I love that it feels like you are driving a car, handles almost like one too. Roomy for 2 cars seats and an adult in the back seat, have only used the 3rd row a few times for kids/teenagers, they fit fine just hard to get back there due to the car seats being in the way of the fold down to get back there. Love that the 2nd row is on sliders, the rear hatch is easy to open and close one handed (I'm a small female) and plenty of room for a single and double stroller. Perfect height to slide the strollers easliy in and out. Wish it had a bit more storage space for cd's, sunglasses, etc. My husband hates the gas mileage! Barely 17 around town if I'm easy on it. The only issue we had was the relay sensor went bad, super easy to fix, not a huge deal. And the door checks creak ALOT but I am in and out of all the doors many times everyday! Overall, I LOVE IT!"